Washing the Car - Detergent Recomendations

chinaco

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Anyone have a reco for a good detergent for washing the car. One that doesn't leave water spots.

Also any experience with car detergent that claims to include a wax. Does it work... or work well?

It's usually the water that leaves the spots and not the detergent. I wouldn't use any type of dish washing stuff, just a good car soap.

Funny about the wax in the detergent. Car wash places sell the wax in the water as an option but they put it in any way. The wax in the water helps the car to dry and you get it if you pay for it or not.

Doesn't do a thing as far as I'm concerned.

You might try the mr clean wash and dry. It works very well.

1) I use (ONR) Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine: clay lubricant, optimum rinseless wash, no rinse car wash, optimum detailing products This bottle will last 32 washes. takes ~30 min to wash/dry car.
2) 1-5gallon bucket (2 caps ONR to 2 gallons of water)
3) 1-5gallon bucket with Grit Guard is the maker of car washing solutions that protect your vehicle while improving its appearance. (filled ~3-4 gallons of water only
4) Quality Sheepskin or MF Wash Mitt to wash car
5) A Good MF Waffle weave Towel set. such as The Guzzler Waffle Weave Microfiber Drying Towel by Cobra is a better drying towel than a chamois, or terry cloth towel. Microfiber makes the best These towels will suck up the water and you won't have to ring them out at all. These are B1G1F now.
6) Towel Detergent for washing: Micro-Restore doesn’t just clean microfiber, it restores microfiber! Not recommended to wash towels etc with your normal clothes due to lint etc..
7) Pinnacle SSII or Souveran wax, WOWO. I just bought the SSII B1G1F last week. Great Wax. Takes about ~30min to wax car.

I never had any scratches, marring etc.. using these quality materials. I do everything by hand and it is not tiresome to do the car!

Do not use dish washing detergent. Used to put a tablespoon full of diesel in the wash bucket.

i use dish detergent before i apply a new wax coat. seems to remove the old wax and gets the road oils off the car.

Just use wet paint glaze, and you can wash and wax in one step,saving more time for whiskey manhattans......:)

Back
Top Bottom