Join Early Retirement Today

Wasted 3 Hours of My Life..........
Old 05-11-2009, 09:31 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Wasted 3 Hours of My Life..........

DW wanted to watche the finale of "Celebrity Apprentice", and it was Mother's Day so I agreed.....

What a dragged out waste of time........ I know folks were split on the last two, but I did find out one thing. I used to tolerate Joan Rivers, but nothing is worse than a whiny 75 YEAR OLD, she needs to get a grip. Her daughter is a definite chip off the old block, so that's NOT a plus.

I think in the end, Trump was a big Joan River homer. The only other thing I will say is that for a rich guy, he sure has bad haircuts. The only two people worth watching were Dennis Rodman and Jesse James........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #2
Give me a forum ...

You wasted 3 hours of your life? I've wasted a lot more time than that.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
gone traveling

I bet you have wasted invested more than three hours of your life waxing poetic about Sarah Palin here on FIRE..
Westernskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westernskies View Post
I bet you have wasted invested more than three hours of your life waxing poetic about Sarah Palin here on FIRE..
Sarah Palin is an OBSESSION, NOT a time-wasting exercise........

Old 05-11-2009, 09:56 AM   #5
gone traveling

Well, allrighty then, dude, here's a little something for you to OBSESS about: (take all the time you need... )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg super_Palin.jpg (26.2 KB, 200 views)
Old 05-11-2009, 10:50 AM   #6
Full time employment: Posting here.

I used to watch the apprentice until one of the contestants felt he had done such a good job that when Trump said "you're not worried since you know you have imunity", the contentant said, I'll wave my imunity and Trump fired him on the spot cause he said he was stupid enough to do that, even though Trump felt he did a good job also.
Old 05-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #7
Full time employment: Posting here.

Poker Face Vs. Face Lift

I guess being a loud mouth always help. Even Trump gives in at the end. If you're so great, wonderful, moral...had so many more celeberity shows up for your Apprentice event, how comes the number doesn't show... only 1/3 of the Duke number. I guess the celebrity only shows up for photo shoot. Jones has been in the business for over 20 years and Duke is a mother of 4 and barely starting.

I didn't waste 3 hrs of watching but was disappointed at Trump.
Enuff2Eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Dream View Post
I used to watch the apprentice until one of the contestants felt he had done such a good job that when Trump said "you're not worried since you know you have imunity", the contentant said, I'll wave my imunity and Trump fired him on the spot cause he said he was stupid enough to do that, even though Trump felt he did a good job also.
Too funny! I know exactly when you're talking about, and that was the last episode I ever watched.
bongo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

It was fun to see Joan and Melisa fly off on their broomsticks at the end though.
nphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:58 AM   #10
Give me a forum ...

That last episode is the last one I will ever watch. I watched the entire season and Anne Duke dominated. Joan was not very good. If Trump isn't going to "hire" the best person then i'm not going to watch. Jesse James was impressive. Despite his lack of fundraising he was probably the second best person.
aaronc879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:07 AM   #11
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I met Joan Rivers in Chicago when I was 8 months pregnant with a 10 lb. boy. She offered to buy the baby if it turned out to be a boy. I should have asked how much she was paying.
Regardless, she is so loud in person as on tv. Totally loud and outgoing and the center of attention.
Her dead-by-suicide husband, Edgar, was there. Really short guy, but seemed like a really nice fellow when I met him. Sad.

Didn't watch the show, but did see the segment on The Soup where Rivers berates Duke about being a poker player. I felt that was so below the belt that any respect left (which wasn't much) for Rivers went down the drain. She is just plain mean all the time, and that was it for me.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #12
Gone but not forgotten

Joan Rivers needs to step away from the plastic surgeons office . Some of these Hollywood people are turning them selves into freaks . Have you ever seen a brow lift that looked natural or those huge lips ? What are they thinking ?
Sorry FD but hijacking the thread but every time I watched the Apprentice this season that's all I could think of .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:58 AM   #13
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Joan Rivers needs to step away from the plastic surgeons office . Some of these Hollywood people are turning them selves into freaks . Have you ever seen a brow lift that looked natural or those huge lips ? What are they thinking ?
Sorry FD but hijacking the thread but every time I watched the Apprentice this season that's all I could think of .
Maybe we need a Palintervention to get us back on track?
Old 05-12-2009, 10:03 AM   #14
Give me a forum ...

Whom would you rahter look at, Joan Rivers, Donald Trump, or Sarah Palin?

Old 05-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #15
Give me a forum ...

I only saw a small piece of the show on the next to last week... not sure why I was watching, but I did...

So I assume from the tone of people... Joan won... but everybody knows he is not 'hiring' anybody... it was all just a show of has beens and wanna bes....

I did watch a couple of seasons when it first came out... and do remember the guy getting fired because he took off his immunity... and like others thought it was stupid... Then again, I thought that I would not hire ANYONE that was on that show because they did not show the management skills that I would want someone to have... heck, the show does not want a good manager, but someone who is a back stabber / slave driver etc....
Texas Proud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #16
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Proud View Post
heck, the show does not want a good manager, but someone who is a back stabber / slave driver etc....
Which fits perfectly with Trump's personality. Come on, he's been bankrupt more times than how many times a nun says morning prayers. Having someone who ACTUALLY has good management skills would upstage "The Don", can't have that.

Last year's winner, Piers Morgan, is a yesman yutz like Joan will be. What's with Trump's son or whoever was sitting on his right, that guy's a tool too.........

Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #17
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
Clothed or nekkid?
Old 05-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #18
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceDude View Post
I'd rather look at Sarah Palin (feel free to post pics..)
but you have to admit that Joan and the Donald look good together....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trumprivers.jpg (19.4 KB, 1 views)