Join Early Retirement Today

Way to set ER site format for devices?
Old 11-03-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Way to set ER site format for devices?

I have the same format showing in the ER forums when I go to my Win 7 PC or Nexus 7 tablet. It's a nice blue with little or no advertising. But for some reason I see a different format on Nexus (Android) smartphones i.e. ugly green with loads of advertising. It's revolting. I log in the same way (login + password) on all devices.

Is there a way to get the the nice formatting on my phone with little or no advertising as I see on my tablet and PC? I am guessing there is a setting I have forgotten about that may be hiding in plain site.

Below is an example of the format I want:

Lsbcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2015, 07:49 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

User CP > Edit Options > Miscellaneous Options > Forum Skin
Old 11-03-2015, 08:01 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
User CP > Edit Options > Miscellaneous Options > Forum Skin
Yes, I see this (obscure) option on my PC at the bottom of the "Edit Options".

But when I go to my smartphone and click on Menu > User CP , I see no "Edit Options". All I see is "Ignore Manager", "New Subscribed Threads", and "Latest Thanks Received".

Must be missing something here.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:11 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Now I'm really hosed!

I chose "mobile option" as a test and now I see just the same screwed up version on my PC that I have on my smartphone. No apparent way to get back to changing that option.

It seems that the tablet has now inherited this attribute from the change on my PC. What a screwed up situation.

The smartphone did not inherit attributes from the tablet or PC. But the tablet inherits from the PC. Weird.

HELP!
Old 11-03-2015, 08:22 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

OK, I think I found the answer. Assuming one is stuck in the "mobile" view, one goes to Forums. Then at the bottom is a link to "Full site" (I think that was it). Then one selects the "Early Retirement v1.0" at the bottom from the drop down menu. This gets one to what I wanted -- no awful advertising.

This needs a redesign in my opinion. A real turn off. VERY OBSCURE. UGH.

caveat: maybe I'm missing something but a new user would be mystified and assume the site is done by some old ... you can fill in the missing expletive