We Got 16 Inches of Snow!!

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Schools closed, shoveling all day............:rant:

My back hurts..........time for a heating pad............:p

Take a break and go skiing.

Missed us, all fell south of here. We got maybe an inch.

Thank your lucky stars that you only got 16 inches. Much of the Pacific NW is looking at almost 300% of normal moisture content in the snow fall.

We are praying for a cool spring and a slow snow melt.

We only got about 1.5" of snow/slop. It started with fog & mist on Monday, then turned to rain about 2pm yesterday.....and rained steadily until about 10:30am today....at that point it switched over to light snow until it quit at 3 o'clock this afternoon.

It only took about 10 minutes to clear off the sidewalks, driveway, and the cars. I think we lucked out on this one....they'd predicted 6" to 10" of heavy, wet snow. :D

Schools closed, shoveling all day............:rant:

My back hurts..........time for a heating pad............:p

:mad::mad::mad:

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

I have so had it with all this damn snow! Every day it seems for the last two months it's snowing.

Thanks to our village plow trucks I got stuck in the wall of snow they plowed in front of my driveway last night. That on top of the fact that the plow trucks demolished my mailbox.

Every day now I tell my wife that there are financial services jobs in Phoenix and San Diego too. :rolleyes:

:mad::mad::mad:

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!

I have so had it with all this damn snow! Every day it seems for the last two months it's snowing.

:rolleyes:

I was at Anna Marie Island yesterday and I was surprized at the number of vacancy signs for rentals . So leave the snow for awhile and mentally re group .

I recently returned from a funeral in Iowa via Chicago. One day it barely got above 0 degrees F.

OK snow bond people, help me on this. Why do people live in such climates anyway? Going there for a few days is a novelty, but living there must be agony. Monday I sat on the backporch with the dog where we drank a beer and watch the geese on the lake. 70 degrees, in February! I love the people in Iowa, but I just don't get why people live through the winters there. Even the summer heat isn't that pleasant there.

Dang! Its going to be 62-65 here today. I'd have to drive an hour up to tahoe to get some nice snow.

We went to the park yesterday with Gabe and I got a little sunburned sitting there in the sun in a tee shirt. Snacking on corndogs, fried chicken and watermellon. I had to move over to the shade after a while because it was too darn warm.>:D>:D>:D

God Bless!!!:angel::angel::angel:

Attachments

• Frosty.jpg
    Frosty.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Saski.jpg
    Saski.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Yeti.jpg
    Yeti.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 113
I know we are not the only ones to have lived in a few places. We're pretty much where we want to be, climate wise, but in our travels, we did learn a little about human nature and the tendency to [-]totally deceive ourselves[/-] make the most of a bad situation...

Tucson: "But it's a dry heat."
Wisconsin: "I'd miss the seasons. And the snow is so pretty."
Florida: "At least with hurricanes you have a few days warning."
California: "You get used to earthquakes (brush fires, mudslides, floods)."

Any others?

Changing seasons

Here in the Spokane, WA area, the winter has been extraordinarily brutal. Right now, high winds are drifting our above average snowfall all over the highways, shutting down several of them. Speaking of changing seasons, we plan to change ours Saturday by hopping on a jet to San Diego.:cool:

Talking on the cell - Tuesday's Mardis Gras broke some warm records held since 1957. 8 inches of snow on top of my vehicle north of Kansas City yesterday.

Could be a loooong February!

heh heh heh - :cool: After thirty years in New Orleans, snow is still kinda cool. So far!

OK snow bond people, help me on this. Why do people live in such climates anyway? Going there for a few days is a novelty, but living there must be agony. Monday I sat on the backporch with the dog where we drank a beer and watch the geese on the lake. 70 degrees, in February! I love the people in Iowa, but I just don't get why people live through the winters there. Even the summer heat isn't that pleasant there.

Because I love my family.

Honestly, that's the only reason. My wife and I live less than a mile from her parents and less than 5 from mine. All three of my sisters and their families live within 2 miles of me. We see all of them several times a week.

If it weren't for the family, we would be gone. I'm an outdoors lover, I just can't stand being inside. It really makes me depressed for 6 months of the year :(

Here is the depressing view from my office

img_612339_0_1c9b40b717481e3ae2be0915f07135b3.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday in the New York City are it was a record breaking 68 degrees. January set a record for having no more then a dusting of snow once and we still haven't had any measurable snow. Let's it hear it for global warming.

The local weather guys updated out snowfall total to 20 INCHES!!!

But the snow is so "pretty"..........:(

I know we are not the only ones to have lived in a few places. We're pretty much where we want to be, climate wise, but in our travels, we did learn a little about human nature and the tendency to [-]totally deceive ourselves[/-] make the most of a bad situation...

Tucson: "But it's a dry heat."
Florida: "At least with hurricanes you have a few days warning."
California: "You get used to earthquakes (brush fires, mudslides, floods)."

Any others?

Alabama: "It's not the heat, it't the humidity that kills you"

Pacific Northwest: "It doesn't rain THAT MUCH"........

Texas: "Everything's bigger here, even the hail".........

.... we did learn a little about human nature and the tendency to [-]totally deceive ourselves[/-] make the most of a bad situation...

Any others?

Northern IL - close to WI. I would miss the seasons, and the snow *is* pretty. Add family ties to that.

Also, add the fact that the alternatives are not really that attractive to some people. Personally, I absolutely hate warm/hot, humid weather. I mean hate it. I hate the few weeks of hot/humid we get here. I hate the idea of having to routinely spray the house with pesticides. I hate mold and termites, and stuff like that.

I took a break this morning, drove 5 minutes to the forest preserve and did an hour of cross-country skiing - absolutely beautiful scenery. A foot of fresh snow, trees all covered. Breathtaking.

Yes, the winter weather gets tiring at times, but overall I like the trade-offs. If I didn't, I would move. Simple as that. But not to Florida, though I'm glad other people like it there. To each their own.

Martha mentioned -30 degree days in MN in another thread. Man, *that* is cold. We had a -27 degree day here years ago, and a stretch of -20-22 lows a few years back. It's just painful, the tires on your car have flat spots on them for miles until they 'warm up' to -15 or something from the friction of driving. The radio knobs are stiff, the trans shifter has to be forced, ..... I'd have trouble with that being any sort of every year event. But again, to each their own. Their personal tradeoffs must make the entire package worth it.

-ERD50

Like Saluki9 said... family.

Snow/Ice in the winter. Heat/humidity is the summer. At leaset September and October are beautiful!

I

One day it barely got above 0 degrees F.

Why do people live in such climates anyway?

Monday I sat on the backporch with the dog where we drank a beer and watch the geese on the lake. 70 degrees, in February!

See my above post, but 0F is just nice and brisk for outdoor activities. I wish it was colder here -it was really too warm for XC skiing (~ 25). 10 or 15 would be nice.

Athens Georgia? Some friends of ours moved to the Atlanta area. They talked about how nice it was, but then.... 'oh, we can't leave the baby outside in the yard - the fire ants will eat her alive!'.

OK, glad you like it. -ERD50

Martha mentioned -30 degree days in MN in another thread. Man, *that* is cold. We had a -27 degree day here years ago, and a stretch of -20-22 lows a few years back. It's just painful, the tires on your car have flat spots on them for miles until they 'warm up' to -15 or something from the friction of driving. The radio knobs are stiff, the trans shifter has to be forced, ..... I'd have trouble with that being any sort of every year event. But again, to each their own. Their personal tradeoffs must make the entire package worth it.

-ERD50

I remember that (grew up in Upstate NY). People don't believe it when told.

Dang! Its going to be 62-65 here today. I'd have to drive an hour up to tahoe to get some nice snow.

We went to the park yesterday with Gabe and I got a little sunburned sitting there in the sun in a tee shirt. Snacking on corndogs, fried chicken and watermellon. I had to move over to the shade after a while because it was too darn warm.>:D>:D>:D

God Bless!!!:angel::angel::angel:

Gosh, it's cold up in Sac - supposed to hit 73 by Saturday for us down here in socal...>:D

Last edited:
See my above post, but 0F is just nice and brisk for outdoor activities. I wish it was colder here -it was really too warm for XC skiing (~ 25). 10 or 15 would be nice.

Athens Georgia? Some friends of ours moved to the Atlanta area. They talked about how nice it was, but then.... 'oh, we can't leave the baby outside in the yard - the fire ants will eat her alive!'.

OK, glad you like it. -ERD50

Fireants ain't so bad. I wrestled one to the ground last summer, broke him to a halter and rode him to town. Saved on gas too until he bit that nice policeman. I had to ship him back to TX.

Back
Top Bottom