Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-06-2012, 06:20 PM   #261
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Just a great combination of two fantastic performers. Strange how well they sound together.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #262
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNick View Post
The Boring decision is expected this week! I can't wait! The excitement is killing me!
And... it's official!

By the way, if you listen to the audio clip, check the volume control, which goes up to 11.
BigNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #263
Give me a forum ...

I am not making this up.....are we there yet?

Photos : GoPilot, The rest stop when there's no stop in sight!
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:29 AM   #264

I only watched a bit but it made me ask "isn't there a ditch around here somewhere?".
Old 06-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #265

Wouldn't an empty Coke bottle and a funnel accomplish the same function and be a lot cheaper?

LBYM thinking here....
Old 06-21-2012, 07:38 AM   #266
Give me a forum ...

I wonder what the other passengers on the plane would think?
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:45 AM   #267
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
I wonder what the other passengers on the plane would think?
Maybe "Can I get his autograph?"

Peeing on a plane, did Gerard Depardieu target floor or bottle? - latimes.com
Old 07-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #268
Give me a forum ...

Lessons learned from a summer j*b (CSI)

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/07...from-the-dead/
Old 07-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #269
Give me a forum ...

A man dressed in a goat suit was spotted on a mountainside north of Ogden, Utah.

Observed by a photographer, he was clambering on hands and knees, trailing a herd of mountain goats.

Officials said there was nothing illegal about it, but they worried about his safety as the hunting season approached. Additionally, he might also be endangered by the real goats (who was he thinking he was fooling?).

Details are here.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #270
Give me a forum ...

Home SWEET Home.......

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4450275/
Old 07-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #271
Give me a forum ...

No, that's not weird at all. That could have been me, but it cost me less than $150 to have an exterminator to pay 2 visits. He applied a powdery insecticide to a crack that allowed the bees to build a hive inside a recess that was part of an ornamental alcove on the 2nd story.

I felt bad about killing this colony because I had read about how bees were dying for some reasons, and they were getting scarce. Also, these weren't the feared Africanized type. I did not know how big the hive was, as it was inside the hollow of the wall. The hive would have deteriorated by now, but I have not seen any stain inside or outside the home.

About the goat-man, here's a follow-up. The unidentified goat-man called the media and asked to be left alone. He was a Canadian bow hunter who was trying out his goat-suit, in preparation for a real hunt up in Canada later.

Obviously, his goat-suit did work to allow him to get close enough to the goats for a potential shot.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 07-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
About the goat-man, here's a follow-up. The unidentified goat-man called the media and asked to be left alone. He was a Canadian bow hunter who was trying out his goat-suit, in preparation for a real hunt up in Canada later.
Actually, I read he was from southern California, which explains so much just by itself.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #273
Give me a forum ...

I stand corrected. The article I read said the hunter was planning for a Canadian hunt, and I jumped to the conclusion that he was a Canuck.

Anyway, the peril of being shot down by other hunters is real. I once read that a farmer had a pastime of putting up a steel silhouette of a deer up on a hill and watching hunters crawling up to take shots at it. Multiple shots of course, as the "deer" kept standing.

Don't know if it was true or not, but it surely conjured up funny images in my mind.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #274
Full time employment: Posting here.

Well ,I guess make sure your goat suit is of a gender of which you are prepared to reap the consequences of... I wouldn't want to fight one of those smelly old billies , or be loved by one either.

What people will do for a dusty old trophy.
bld999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #275
Give me a forum ...

Yowza. Hopefully they get some honey and good bee's wax candles from this.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #276
Give me a forum ...

Texas bees

Yet another bee nightmare...

Old 08-11-2012, 10:50 PM   #277
Give me a forum ...

For the (Japanese) woman who has everything, a trip to the lingerie store.........

http://o.canada.com/2012/08/09/strange-japanese-bras/
Old 10-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #278
Give me a forum ...

Florida man dies after winning roach-eating contest - CNN.com

Excerpt from the above link:
A 32-year-old man downed dozens of roaches and worms to win a python at a Florida reptile store, then collapsed and died outside minutes later.
I searched a bit more, and found some other links that quoted some experts saying that eating roaches should not kill people, especially these that were clean, meaning "farm raised" to be fed to pets such as frogs. Test results will not be available for some time. The only theory ventured was that this man was allergic to roaches, and went into anaphylactic shock. However, people said that he had done this before.

In the search, I happened to run across another death in a weird contest.
In 2007, a 28-year-old mother of three died after participating in a California radio station contest called "Hold Your Wee for a Wii," where she tried to drink large quantities of water without urinating in order to win a gaming console.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #279
Give me a forum ...

Smugglers tried driving an SUV over the US-Mexico border fence with ramps, but got stuck. They obviously failed to see that the car would not have enough clearance to get over the triangular top of the ramps!

See: Smugglers try driving over US border fence, get stuck.

PS. This is posted on a Wednesday.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:37 PM   #280

So, he can serve as a judge, just not judge people like himself?

Texas judge William Adams suspended over video beating to be reinstated | News | National Post

Quote:
The justices reinstated Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams on Tuesday, a year after they suspended him with pay when a video of him beating his daughter became an Internet sensation.
Adams is scheduled to preside over cases on the regular court docket Wednesday in Rockport, Aransas County District Clerk Pam Heard told the Corpus Christi Caller-Times for an article in Sunday’s edition.
However, the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services will no longer present him with cases involving violence against children.
My bold