Weekend WSJ article on houses and aging

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-grow...mersive&cx_tag=collabctx&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

I thought this was a good article about older people and their housing, and I thought the many comments were very interesting and perhaps more helpful than the article itself. My wife and I bought our first house in our late 20s to raise our children in. It worked out fine and was a lot of fun. Unfortunately we later got divorced but I don't think this had anything to do with our house or where it was.

I own a condo now, and this along with our marriage house is the only house I ever owned. I am on a second floor walkup, and I really hope that I won't ever be too messed up to manage here. But my neighborhood has plenty of apartment buildings, some new ones with elevators, so if I ever have to leave here I'll sell out and rent an apartment. Meanwhile I'll try to acquaint myself with what is around so it would not seem overwhelming.

I notice a few old ladies around the hood, but not many old men. I guess that is just reality. So far I do not consider myself old, but clearly I am older than I was 10 years ago.

Ha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom