Join Early Retirement Today

weird dreams
Old 01-23-2008, 07:52 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

weird dreams

Last night I dreamt that I had got a job as an executive director for an acting company. I was running around figuring out the business, plus forced to play a couple of small roles in some play. My lines were not written down, I had to figure out what I was supposed to say from the context. But i couldn't figure out the context because I was too busy working. Anyway, in the midst of this stress and chaos, I sat down to talk to an upset staff member. She said that she and her husband didn't know what to do about setting up an IRA. I sat down and gave a very coherent lecture about IRAs, how much could be contributed and the benefits of spousal IRAs.

And then I woke up.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2008, 08:15 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
Last night I dreamt that I had got a job... stress and chaos...And then I woke up.
"My fellow Americans posters, our my long national nightmare is over." - Gerald Ford Moderator Martha
Old 01-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Last night I dreamt that I had got a job as an executive director for an acting company. I was running around figuring out the business, plus forced to play a couple of small roles in some play. My lines were not written down, I had to figure out what I was supposed to say from the context. But i couldn't figure out the context because I was too busy working. Anyway, in the midst of this stress and chaos, I sat down to talk to an upset staff member. She said that she and her husband didn't know what to do about setting up an IRA. I sat down and gave a very coherent lecture about IRAs, how much could be contributed and the benefits of spousal IRAs.

And then I woke up.
Wow, that sounds like Suze Orman's dream life..........except the part about coherent lecture on IRA's..........

Based on your avatar, I raced to see what this thread was about...........

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:12 AM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:

And then I woke up.
Wow sounds like you need a vacation.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:41 AM   #5

in dream yoga, it is thought that nonlucid dreams are of three types: dreams which deal with past karma, dreams dealing with current situation (the mind sorting & filing the events of the day), and dreams pertaining to possible futures.

my immediate read of your dream: shows you internalizing your early retirement. the acting company director job is your past post as head of a law firm. that your lines are not written down could be you winging your new position as retired president of the firm. the confusion of not being able to figure out the context is your mind vacillating between work & retired modes. some stress comes from taking what your mind perceives as the smaller role of a retired person, having been a person with lots of responsibility. your ego perceives this as a step down in society and so creates a bit of chaos. to satisfy the conflict and to find comfort in your new roll, your mind concentrates on the particulars of retirement such dealing with funding mechanisms.

very much a dream of watching your mind sort out the details of the day.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
lazygood4nothinbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

What was interesting about the dream was that I was basically incompetent not knowing what to do until I sat down and explained IRAs to the young woman. Then I settled down and relaxed and woke up.

Probably just firing neurons but dreams are interesting to me. Some cultures spend a lot of time telling each other their dreams. Not here in the US of A.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:55 AM   #7
Full time employment: Posting here.

I can only remember one dream I had. I was about 6 and had just watched The Blob on TV as a special treat due to being very sick. I had a raging fever and dreamt that people were coming in the bedroom window (second floor) and kept yelling for my dad. He calmly explained that it was not real and just a dream and anyway, how would they get up to the second floor?

For the rest of my life I can only remember dreams for about 45 seconds to a minute after waking up. They just eveporate.

Mike D.
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:41 PM   #8
Gone but not forgotten

I routinely have weird dreams .One of my recurring dreams is it's Christmas Eve and I haven't done anything no tree , no presents ,nothing and as I head to the stores in a panic they all close .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:26 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Some cultures spend a lot of time telling each other their dreams. Not here in the US of A.
The vast majority of my dreams are rooted in work-related trauma, often accompanied by kicking, thrashing, & screaming. The dreams, not so much the trauma.

Spouse isn't very interested in hearing the details.

It's been nearly six years since I ER'd, though, and if I'm still dreaming then I'm not remembering them.

Co-author (with my daughter) of “Raising Your Money-Savvy Family For Next Generation Financial Independence.”
Author of the book written on E-R.org: "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement."

I don't spend much time here— please send a PM.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:25 PM   #10

Quote:
What was interesting about the dream was that I was basically incompetent not knowing what to do until I sat down and explained IRAs to the young woman. Then I settled down and relaxed and woke up.

Probably just firing neurons but dreams are interesting to me. Some cultures spend a lot of time telling each other their dreams. Not here in the US of A.
even if just neurons firing, at the very least they are the brain sorting out & filing events and thoughts of the day. so at that very least, here it is that you are able to watch your own mind and often in living color. wow. and so if anything, dreams offer a sense of our ability to look at ourselves that we might not be just wrapped up in ourselves but rather that we are able to unravel ourselves.

here in the us of a, when we are not distracted by western medicine & science we are hijacked by religion and so there is sadly little opportunity for shared objectivity & clear introspection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
I can only remember one dream I had...For the rest of my life I can only remember dreams for about 45 seconds to a minute after waking up. They just eveporate.
put a pad & paper by bed, a dream journal. as soon as you awaken write down at least some of the dream elements and actions. by as soon i mean as soon. do not even take the time to scratch yourself. wake up, pick up your pen and write. if you are falling back to sleep you don't even have to write down it all, just some. when you read back your journal more details will come to mind later. more and more you will recall. eventually they will no longer just evaporate. and, if you want, they will become so stable that you can even stalk them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I routinely have weird dreams .One of my recurring dreams is it's Christmas Eve and I haven't done anything no tree , no presents ,nothing and as I head to the stores in a panic they all close .
recurring dreams are excellent opportunities to come into contact with your dream self. most dreams are very different and yet when we awaken, we wake up to the same world. and so we consider the world real and dreams not because when we sleep, each time the world is different but when we awaken the world is the same.

but what happens to reality if when we sleep, we dream the same dream with the same dream characters as we had the night before.

if you are not happy with either the elements of a recurring dream or with your dream character's reactions and thoughts to the elements, simply give yourself instructions before sleeping and upon waking of how you want your dream character to behave. it is, after all, your dream character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
The vast majority of my dreams are rooted in work-related trauma, often accompanied by kicking, thrashing, & screaming. The dreams, not so much the trauma...It's been nearly six years since I ER'd, though, and if I'm still dreaming then I'm not remembering them.
when you mentioned that in a prior post i wondered what that must be like. i could understand but not relate. i thought i knew how to deal with it even though i'd never experienced it. then when my mother died, i would have dreams of her which produced similar similar experience as yours.

though part of my problem was because i am often a lucid dreamer (in that my consciousness is awake during the dream). what i found is that i'd be in a nonlucid dream, dreaming of my mom, and then the dream would turn lucid. my counsciousness would awaken to the dream during the dream. of course being conscious, i would remember that my mother had just died. so not only in the dream would i become hysterically sad, but my dream character would be crying and going into convulsions which of course would wake up my physical body. i would then find myself in my physical body, my body crying and in convulsions.

i had a simpler solution than you might easily manage because i simply stopped myself from dreaming lucidly as i can turn that on and off. i also stopped dreaming about my mother because i was not ready to deal with any of that type of dreamwork then.

my point being that you can control this. and not just control it, but more importantly, you can resolve this. being such a bright guy i would suggest you do it with some professional guidance as such dreamwork can put a mind like yours over the edge. if you are not adverse to meditation which i think would help, i would suggest you start there. if you like, i have some very mindful cousins on maui who can either help or possibly refer
Quote:

even if just neurons firing, at the very least they are the brain sorting out & filing events and thoughts of the day. so at that very least, here it is that you are able to watch your own mind and often in living color. wow. and so if anything, dreams offer a sense of our ability to look at ourselves that we might not be just wrapped up in ourselves but rather that we are able to unravel ourselves.

here in the us of a, when we are not distracted by western medicine & science we are hijacked by religion and so there is sadly little opportunity for shared objectivity & clear introspection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
I can only remember one dream I had...For the rest of my life I can only remember dreams for about 45 seconds to a minute after waking up. They just eveporate.
put a pad & paper by bed, a dream journal. as soon as you awaken write down at least some of the dream elements and actions. by as soon i mean as soon. do not even take the time to scratch yourself. wake up, pick up your pen and write. if you are falling back to sleep you don't even have to write down it all, just some. when you read back your journal more details will come to mind later. more and more you will recall. eventually they will no longer just evaporate. and, if you want, they will become so stable that you can even stalk them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
recurring dreams are excellent opportunities to come into contact with your dream self. most dreams are very different and yet when we awaken, we wake up to the same world. and so we consider the world real and dreams not because when we sleep, each time the world is different but when we awaken the world is the same.

but what happens to reality if when we sleep, we dream the same dream with the same dream characters as we had the night before.

if you are not happy with either the elements of a recurring dream or with your dream character's reactions and thoughts to the elements, simply give yourself instructions before sleeping and upon waking of how you want your dream character to behave. it is, after all, your dream character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords View Post
The vast majority of my dreams are rooted in work-related trauma, often accompanied by kicking, thrashing, & screaming. The dreams, not so much the trauma...It's been nearly six years since I ER'd, though, and if I'm still dreaming then I'm not remembering them.
when you mentioned that in a prior post i wondered what that must be like. i could understand but not relate. i thought i knew how to deal with it even though i'd never experienced it. then when my mother died, i would have dreams of her which produced similar experience as yours.

though part of my problem was because i am often a lucid dreamer (in that my consciousness is awake during the dream). what i found is that i'd be in a nonlucid dream, dreaming of my mom, and then the dream would turn lucid. my consciousness would awaken to the dream during the dream. of course being conscious, i would remember that my mother had just died. so not only in the dream would i become hysterically sad, but my dream character would be crying and going into convulsions which of course would wake up my physical body. i would then find myself in my physical body, my body crying and in convulsions.

i had a simpler solution than you might easily manage because, as i can turn all that on and off at will, i simply stopped myself from dreaming lucidly. also i stopped dreaming about my mother because i was not ready to deal with any of that type of dreamwork then.

my point being that you can control this. and not just control it, but more importantly, you can resolve this. being such a bright guy i would suggest you do it with some professional guidance as such dreamwork can put a mind like yours over the edge. if you are not adverse to meditation which i think would help, i would suggest you start there. if you like, i have some very mindful cousins on maui who can either help directly or possibly refer you to someone more local to you.

"life should begin with age and its privileges and accumulations, and end with youth and its capacity to splendidly enjoy such advantages."~~mark twain - letter to edward kimmitt 1901
Old 01-27-2008, 10:23 PM   #11

i experienced a lucid dream during a nap yesterday, the first i’ve had since i stopped them about half a year ago after i found myself crying for mommy in my sleep. i share this here because it demonstrates the extent of power of suggestion we have over ourselves and i think it points to the utility of connecting with your own dream character.

the lucid dream was of flying low over a bridge which is crossing an inlet. the bridge is close to the water and made of concrete. not a regular bridge, more a sidewalk with a damaged wall coming up maybe 3 ft to one side of the sidewalk and no barrier on the other side. the bridge does not cross the inlet but goes out into it and then breaks off, continuing again on the other side after an open gap. the water is crystal clear in shades of azure blue. the concrete is spalling, rebar is showing and the bridge is a little wet and so instead of walking i fly directly over it. when i get to the gap there is a fairly stiff breeze. i’m a little afraid that i will be carried away in the breeze so i hold onto the bridge wall with one hand to steady myself. looking down into the water i’m enjoying all the colorful fish. i can see so clearly that i can even see the coral where the fish are swimming. i was thinking of leaving and continuing across the inlet but as i start crossing the gap i thought that i wanted to see something bigger than the fish swimming underwater. within moments out from the open ocean, along come the most beautiful sea turtles and i am thrilled. they go over towards a cove on one side of the bridge and are swimming where earlier in the dream i had been watching the fish. i realize that i can control my flying even in the breeze and fly over to hover above them.

they are an absolute delight to watch. at one point i thought to dive under the water and play with them, but in thinking that, i remembered an earlier lucid dream of mine from about 20 or 30 years ago which involved breathing underwater. i thought that could change the quality and character of this dream and, as i was enjoying myself so much, i decided to continue watching the underwater scene while flying in the breeze. once satisfied, i left the turtles and fish and continued on across the gap to explore the other side of the inlet. unfortunately, being somewhat unpracticed in dreaming techniques over my half year sabbatical, i lost the balance of maintaining just the right level of consciousness and so my consciousness came flooding in uncontrolled, destroying the dream and waking my physical body.

then last night during sleep i dreamed non-lucidly of my mom for the first time since i consciously stopped myself from dreaming of her so as to give my emotions time to settle. i was at a huge party with lots of people and my mom was having the time of her life just like she always did at parties. some people i recognized, others i did not know but i somehow sensed that all these people were related to me. among the many conversations going on i noticed both people in contrition for past transgressions, apologies accepted and just plain joy to be with each other again. when i came upon my mom, i accidentally stepped on her toes, the room being very crowded, and i apologized for that. i held her for a moment and we could not have been happier. my dream character continued then on through the party. it stopped to look back and i saw another dream character dancing with my mom and she was just very happy.

before awakening i had another non-lucid dream of being with a bunch of strangers in one part of town, parking our cars and then going to another part of town to see a play. on the way, there was a couple in front of me who were upset that the person in front of them was moving too slowly. the guy had a foghorn in his hand and he kept blowing it in the ear of the person in front of him who would not move faster. i stopped him by telling him that if anyone had done that to me that i would have put a stop to it. i told him that had he done that to one of my friends, that my friends carry guns and would have ended the annoyance permanently. he not only stopped bothering the other dream character but left our procession and last i looked he was on the other side of the street.

we continued on, coming into a park-like setting. in the park there was a funeral in progress. though it seemed directly on our path, i steered the procession around to avoid intermingling with the funeral group and on we went on to our play.

how i view the dreams now that i am in my physical somewhat-lucid state:

i hadn’t done any lucid dreaming since i stopped them in order to give myself more time to come to terms with the emotions i felt from losing my mom. i hadn’t even discussed dreaming until this forum. here and there this thread & nords’ nightmares have come to mind. why hold onto something so tightly, i wondered, that you can not let go even when it hurts you. i realized that i can not let my sadness stay in me; that i won’t move on if i do not let go.

then friday at lunch, a good friend from new york was discussing with her mom auditory hallucinations she experienced during sleep in her youth. she interpreted them then as something evil but it is actually an aspect of dreaming often experienced by practiced dreamers early on and also frequently experienced along with a sense of acceleration in them. while i do not know its exact nature, in retrospect it seems almost like a barrier, something i remember finding interesting in my youth. many become frightened of it and in their sense of self-preservation they seek to avoid it and stop their dreaming while others learn to control their own sense of fear and so are made stronger.

so between that lunch and this thread, it does not surprise me that my lucid dreaming would crank up again all on its own even though i had purposely surpressed it for the past few months. i am pleased with how well i handled it. i was able to work with dream yoga just a bit, consciously & with intent bringing forth a dream element of creatures bigger than the fish into the water below me which were not previously a participatory part of the dream. i didn’t bring fourth turtles in particular, but they did show up right after i thought i’d like to view a large sea creature. it happens that i love turtles. had them as a kid and as a child i rode them at the turtle back zoo in new jersey. i swam with them in the caribbean. they always amaze me. so old, perhaps even wise. they carry their houses on their backs, these ancient vagabonds. in dreams, per past quoted source which i just now referenced for this dream, turtles are interpreted as symbols of “opportunity & advancement” of “success and long life”. and to watch them is to have “luck and prosperity.” let turtles rule.

i am pleased at how well i controlled the flying in the dream, that i did not let the breeze carry me away and that i was able to cross the gap at will. that’s pretty good control considering i hadn’t practiced dream yoga in about half a year or more. dreaming is like riding a bicycle.

as to the nonlucid dreaming of a procession to the play, i’m pleased with how my dream character behaved. in a nonlucid dream, the view of the dream, of course, is like watching a movie rather than of being in a play and so it is then that i do not have control over my dream character during the dream, i do not experience the dream from within the dream character—unlike as i type this i experience my life here actively from inside my physical body—rather in the nonlucid dream, i passively watch as the dream character performs the dream. i am only able to review such dreams after my consciousness awakens with the awakening of my physical body.

hadn’t my dream character been gallant in defense of the person who was having his or ear ears blown out by the idiot dream character with the air horn, i would have instructed myself to be braver and more proper into future dreams. i would have done that upon waking up and reviewing my dream. and i would have done that again upon the next time i’d go to sleep, telling myself that if i have a dream where someone requires help that i will come to their aid. because i determine the type of person who i want to be not just in life but also in my dreams.

i was also pleased that my dream character steered the procession so as to not interfere with the funeral. symbolically, my dream character managed to show a way to separate from the pain of transition, an issue i have been dealing with in real life. to separate life from death. to not be distracted by death but to continue on the path to the play of life.

also, i’m glad that i stayed nonlucid while dreaming about my mom because had i gained consciousness during that dream i would have remembered her death and though i have evidence now that i am better able to handle that, it was just so good to see her dancing at her party, to be able to give my mom a hug, even if just as two dream characters, and to not think at all about my loss but to just enjoy some happiness.

and so just like i can instruct my dream character, my dream character apparently has a thing or two to teach me. mere humans, we are more resourceful than we dare dream.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:29 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting dreams. I routinely dream and usually remember them. When I am relaxed, such as when I was on vacation last week, I remembered most of them and wrote them down. Another reason to FIRE, better dream recall.

For the record, I have not dreamed of Martha and her whip.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:35 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Good that your mother can reenter your dreams. My father is frequently in my dreams, even though he has been gone for 25 years. Oddly, last night he and my grandfather were in one of my dreams. Yesterday I stopped in at an estate sale (in real life) and was appalled at how much they wanted for a bunch of old people stuff and left. In my dream, I had purchased the house and offered $1500 for the remaining contents that had not sold at the estate sale. Lots and lots of junky old furniture. The sellers jumped at the offer so I immediately dropped it to $1250 and insisted that they remove all the mattresses except for a couple for my dad and grandfather. I went from bed to bed trying out mattresses, looking for the most comfortable for the old men. The old men were busy in the kitchen trying to figure out something for supper and were bemused by my negotiations.

Very ordinary dream but certainly stuck with me.

Bssc, think of women and whips before bedtime tonight.

Old 01-28-2008, 03:14 AM   #14

I always heard that people get bored listening to other people's dreams, but I think they are fascinating. Recently I had one in which we were going somewhere and had put our Bernese Mt. Dog in a special case (not unlike a guitar case or cello case; it was roughly dog-shaped) and his TAIL (it's a big tail) was coming out through the zipper, and I was thinking ooo nooo his poor tail caught in the zipper.. whattodowhattodowhattodo.. but it didn't seem harmed. I don't remember the rest, just the panicky feeling.
ladelfina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:20 AM   #15
Give me a forum ...

I have a weird recurring dream when I have a fever and it breaks. Basically I am in chamber and being sliced by lasers.. (If anybody saw the movie Andromenda Strain it is very similar to a scene near the end). Although it is a scary dream I know it means I'll wake up feeling better so it is very comforting.

I still have the rare work related dream, but the frequency has decreased from 2/month right after retirment to to 2/qtr after a few years to twice a year now.
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:35 AM   #16

Martha, I just had a dream about acting last night! Although I have a feeling it was related to my recently watching an improv comedy act on a recent cruise we went on.

I dreamt I was a student in a class, and the assignment was to come up and do some improv. The teacher was looking for someone to play a physical therapist...me, me, me (my hand flying in the air...FYI, I'm a PT). So I get picked and the improv scene was me trying to rehab a squirrel with a broken tail...hilarious!!!

And no, I don't do animal rehab in my real life

(55, married; Mr. Simple Girl, 59. FIRED 12/31/19!)
simple girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 10:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bssc View Post
Interesting dreams. I routinely dream and usually remember them. When I am relaxed, such as when I was on vacation last week, I remembered most of them and wrote them down. Another reason to FIRE, better dream recall.
the more you recall of your dreams the more vivid they get and the better opportunity you create to connect with your dream character and eventually to induce lucid dreaming if you so desire.

Quote:
Good that your mother can reenter your dreams. My father is frequently in my dreams, even though he has been gone for 25 years. Oddly, last night he and my grandfather were in one of my dreams...The old men were busy in the kitchen trying to figure out something for supper and were bemused by my negotiations.

Very ordinary dream but certainly stuck with me.
hardly ordinary. what i find interesting is how people interpret & utilize their own dreaming. even with lucid dreaming, i read of a lot of kids today who are using it for their own amusement, like a computer game, or they use it to experiment with ultimate safe sex, while others use it in very ritualized fashion and some use it for deep introspection, etc. similarly, non lucid dreams function according to their individual dreamers. so hardly ordinary, rather unique.

i've never had a dream of my grandparents and i was actually wondering about that just the other day. but for the few months before mom died i had non-lucid dreams almost nightly of my ol'man and some with him and her. i hadn't dreamed of him before that. i found them very helpful in dealing with mom dying and somehow, in the odd logic of dreaming, they made my real life make more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladelfina View Post
I always heard that people get bored listening to other people's dreams... Recently I had one in which we were going somewhere and had put our Bernese Mt. Dog in a special case (not unlike a guitar case or cello case; it was roughly dog-shaped) and his TAIL (it's a big tail) was coming out through the zipper, and I was thinking ooo nooo his poor tail caught in the zipper.. whattodowhattodowhattodo.. but it didn't seem harmed. I don't remember the rest, just the panicky feeling.
i find the same thing when i listen to people discuss their religion, or finance for that matter.

as to your dream, from what i've read of your posts your thinking is so organized that i am not surprised to find that in your dreams you compartmentalize even the pups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clifp View Post
I have a weird recurring dream when I have a fever and it breaks. Basically I am in chamber and being sliced by lasers.. (If anybody saw the movie Andromenda Strain it is very similar to a scene near the end). Although it is a scary dream I know it means I'll wake up feeling better so it is very comforting.
curious, i have a certain dream when i'm about to get sick, not a recurring one but one of similar quality as the last time i'd gotten sick and it happens whenever i'm about to come down with a cold.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:11 AM   #18
Give me a forum ...

For many years, I have had a dream about being in a city on hills by the sea. I am wondering around in different parts of it.

I think Valparaiso, Chile, looks pretty close.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:01 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_The_Gypsy View Post
For many years, I have had a dream about being in a city on hills by the sea. I am wondering around in different parts of it.
while that sounds like the perfect pre-retirement dream, according to my dream dictionary, the interpretation of dream symbols are influenced by your dream character's interaction with them.

ocean:
of the ocean: prosperity
calm ocean: stormy wedded life
rough ocean: few difficulties

hills:
climbing = good fortune
reaching crest = fight against envy
difficulties in climbing = sorry
several hills = easy fortune

of course, if you heard the sound of music in those hills, then your dream reveals your desire to dress in women's clothing.

"the hills are alive..."

martha, that whip if you please.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:19 AM   #20

Ever since childhood, I have very vivid dreams and usually can remember lots of details about them. Some I find very comforting, others are like puzzles that I sort out during the day.

I lost a close cousin to cancer a number of years ago. I knew that she had cancer, but she did not share how advanced it was and everyone (except for her husband and children) thought that she was actually making good progress. So, her death came as somewhat of a shock.

Then several months later, my mom died suddenly -- no warning, no known health issues -- she just sat down in her favorite chair, closed her eyes and was gone.

The night before Mom's funeral, I had the most vivid dream about my cousin. In it, I was standing in a beautiful kitchen when suddenly a door opened and the room was filled with a very bright, yet peaceful white light. The door closed and I was face to face with my cousin, who put her arms around me and told me not to worry as she was in a better place and no longer in pain. She told me she was sorry she didn't give me the chance to say my good byes before she died, but she didn't want me to be saddened by what she was then experiencing. She turned, the door opened and she was gone. I was overwhelmed by a sense of peacefulness, as if a warm blanket had been wrapped around my shoulders and I woke up feeling at peace not only with my cousin's passing, but knowing that my mom was going to a better place as well.

At my mother's funeral later that day, my cousin's husband came over to me and after he shared his condolences about my mother's passing, told me that he felt bad that I didn't know about how ill my cousin was before she died. He told me that he and my cousin had discussed specifically whether to tell me about her condition, but my cousin had decided that while she was sorry that I wouldn't have the chance to say my goodbyes, she didn't want me to be saddened by what she was experiencing...he said the exact same words that she spoke to me in my dream!

I then described in detail the beautiful kitchen that was in my dream. He told me it was their exact new kitchen that they had completed shortly before she died. I had never been in it.
Achiever51 is offline   Reply With Quote