Join Early Retirement Today
Old 06-04-2012, 06:09 AM   #41
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
[QUOTE=photoguy;1200654]Isn't this pretty standard fare in chinese cuisine? Personally, I didn't like it and wouldn't order it again.

Although I'm not a great fan of Chinese food, I've never seen the chicken feet on any buffet. Maybe in China.

JOHNNIE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2012, 07:50 AM   #42
Full time employment: Posting here.
A stick of string cheese wrapped with hard salami slices.

RE2Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #43
I'm not much of a snacker due to a lite appetite. Particularly when it's cold I'll sometimes eat a chocolate chip cookie or a piece of Hershey's Semi-Sweet chocolate with tea or strong coffee at 2PM. Or just take a nap and pass on the snack.

At 4PM in the winter I often have some wine + cheese. Lately it's the Australian cheddar (fairly cheep).

Regarding Moemg's anchovies: I love those little anchovies on pizza but DW doesn't like it when I order 1/2 of pizza with anchovies. I cannot imagine opening a whole can of them though. Are these big anchovies and are they very salty?
Lsbcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #44
This sounds like a 1960's-style cocktail-party hors-d'oevre. The kind where the wife in the long, Marimekko-print dress sashays around the room carrying a tray. (It also sounds yummy).

Originally Posted by Koolau View Post
Oh, and one more which isn't weird (at least I think you can find it in cook books) but I hadn't heard of if until I was almost 50. Take a dill pickle and slice it into a convenient size (a whole one is okay, too). Blot it dry. Smear (I'm sure there is a culinary word for "smear") the pickle with cream cheese. Wrap the smeared pickle with your favorite "flavorful" thin-sliced ham or other meat. It has a truly unique taste and "crunch".
If you understood everything I say, you'd be me ~ Miles Davis
'There is only one success to be able to spend your life in your own way. Christopher Morley.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #45
Full time employment: Posting here.
Originally Posted by Free To Canoe View Post
We have the standard sardines (from Canada of course) flavors available at Aldi's: Oil, mustard and water pack. I like mustard once in a while but I ususally stick with oil.

Packed with hot peppers? Sounds good. I will have to start looking around.

Ants on a log.... hum.
Out of my bottom desk drawer... meet this afternoons' snack...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg can.jpg (279.3 KB, 6 views)
Koogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:19 AM   #46
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Speaking of pizza.......

Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote

weird snacks