Weird Snacks

Amethyst

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Anybody into weird snacks? I have the day off today and spent all morning working in the yard. When I came in for a snack, I finished off last night's vinaigrette salad. Then I had a few spoonsful of mint chocolate chip ice cream, because it's hot outside. Then an apple. Finished up with a bit of cottage cheese and canned pineapple, since those containers were already open, so why not.

It occurred to me that this is a pretty weird combo, although as my sainted mother would say, "It's all the same to your stomach."

amethyst

Not sure it qualifies as weird but one of my all-time favorites is frozen fruit chunks - especially pineapple.

Amethyst said:
I finished off last night's vinaigrette salad. Then I had a few spoonsful of mint chocolate chip ice cream, because it's hot outside. Then an apple. Finished up with a bit of cottage cheese and canned pineapple, since those containers were already open, so why not.

amethyst

Congratulations! What's your due date?

Last edited:
Sometimes I snack on vegetables, like peas and carrots, mostly because I think it's more virtuous to do so.

I'd really rather snack on donuts or cookes but can't.

When I was a child, a popular salad consisted of one lettuce leaf with a slice of canned pineapple on it, topped with cottage cheese. You would have loved it, Amethyst! :)

Only with some clashing-flavored ice cream on the side.

When I was a child, a popular salad consisted of one lettuce leaf with a slice of canned pineapple on it, topped with cottage cheese. You would have loved it, Amethyst! :)

Sound weird but it's really good....ice cream with chocolate balsamic vinegar...or raspberry....yum...really.

Sardine sandwich. Lots of white vinegar and black pepper. Also like Marmite sandwiches with melted cheese on them.

Not a lot of either on this low carb thing though... lol

Sardine sandwich. Lots of white vinegar and black pepper. Also like Marmite sandwiches with melted cheese on them.

Not a lot of either on this low carb thing though... lol

Just had a sardine sandwich today. I do mine with mayo. I will have to try the vinegar black pepper. Sounds good.

Just had a sardine sandwich today. I do mine with mayo. I will have to try the vinegar black pepper. Sounds good.

ha... small world. Can you get the sardines that come in flavoured sauces in the US ? the ones in a mustard sauce are great.. and the ones packed in with hot peppers too.

I've had cold pizza or leftover dinners for breakfast on occasion, does that count? Funny what our culture considers food norms. Just one example, good luck finding a conventional American breakfast in most European (or any other for that matter) countries - it would be considered weird to most Americans. Good luck getting dinner before 10pm in Italy too...

Last edited:
Potato chips with cottage cheese spread on them, one chip at a time with cottage cheese piled high
Apple cut into quarters with peanut butter spread on each bite
Celery filled with peanut butter, a few raisins optional (Ants on a Log)
Rolled cold cuts (1 slice) and cheese with mayo

Raw beef (steak or ground, always lean) with pepper. Optional chopped onions. Usually about 4-8 oz.

3-7 times per week since I was 21, less frequently as a child.

Can't resist fried dough for snacks. Very damaging to health....

Attachments

• Harm chim peang.jpg
    Harm chim peang.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 1
ha... small world. Can you get the sardines that come in flavoured sauces in the US ? the ones in a mustard sauce are great.. and the ones packed in with hot peppers too.

We have the standard sardines (from Canada of course) flavors available at Aldi's: Oil, mustard and water pack. I like mustard once in a while but I ususally stick with oil.

Packed with hot peppers? Sounds good. I will have to start looking around.

Ants on a log.... hum.

Boiled peanuts!
Goobers! Haven't had them since I lived in FL over 20 years ago, folks sold them on the side of the road all over. Way different than Yankee peanuts, but not weird...:whistle:

Half an apple cut into slices, cup of flavored low fat yogurt (what fruit flavor you like), and a spoon.

Dip the sliced apple into the yogurt cup and scoop out the yogurt. When you're out of apple, use the spoon!

-- Rita

Everything sounds good, including the goobers. I like peanuts!

Amethyst

Wow....I just realized how long it's been since I've eaten sardines...it's been years!! Now I know what I need to do tomorrow.......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom