Join Early Retirement Today
Old 02-06-2008, 02:00 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by Achiever51 View Post
Leno's producers go out of their way to find those dummies for Jaywalking. Before the camera rolls, there's a lot of prompting and suggestions of how best to answer Jay's questions.
Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
I'm sure you're right, but how do you know that?
In my past life I worked with several of Jay's production staffers on some auto show related stuff and I asked 'em about the Jaywalking bit. Was told that all of the participants are volunteers -- and they never have problems finding people who want to be on camera --but they only use those who have the laugh-inducing replies, the nuttier the better.

Achiever51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
I'm sure that most of the jaywalkers are truly ignorant, but I know some are faking. I remember seeing Kim (one of the jaywalk All-Stars) being shown a picture of the Hindenburg bursting into flames, and she was asked what it was. Just before she answered "The Titanic" you could see that she was not successful in suppressing a little grin. She knew she'd come up with a really funny stupid answer.

TromboneAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:14 PM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
What scares me is when they have a real boneheaded jaywalker and at the end they say that they're an elementary school teacher.

Another thread that was, thankfully, not what I thought it was about.
Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful. Just another form of "buy low, sell high" for those who have trouble with things. This rule is not universal. Do not buy a 1973 Pinto because everyone else is afraid of it.
cute fuzzy bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:28 AM   #24
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by lazygood4nothinbum View Post
martha, very good of you. i've been somewhat involved in my past but never to the extent you're describing. i don't think i'm into that now but i could see being so involved after i return from a few years of world travel. your efforts are admirable and in reading your review of the process i look forward to getting more involved into my future.

in the meanwhile, would you mind passing a resolution to get me minimum wage for the hours i spend gallivanting at the bars at night. thank you for your support.

Anyway, my view on the caucus process here in Colorado is that it is disenfranchising many many voters. As I understand it, Colorado decided on the caucus process this year because it is cheaper. Great. It was impossible to park at my caucus location within a decent walking distance on the icy roads. Most caucus locations were packed to overflowing. It took HOURS for the process to complete itself.

When you disenfranchise independents from the primaries you really don't have a very clear idea going into the main election on who is the people's choice. Also, some people were working in the evening. Also, some people couldn't go stand around in a crowd and wait for three hours to raise their hands to vote.

I really hope that the caucus process is done away with completely.

Oldbabe is offline   Reply With Quote