Join Early Retirement Today
Well it's now official - I am senile
Old 08-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well it's now official - I am senile

On Sunday I thought oh my retirement anniversary is coming up... umm oh yeah it is Tuesday 8/6 yeah... I gotta remember.

So uh, it was Saturday 8/3. How could I convince myself it was 8/6? I know that date like my birthdate!

I have been very busy and just flat out forgot on 8/3 though I was thinking about it earlier in the week and I knew it was 8/3 then.

Well it was number 6, hard to believe it's been 6 years!

veremchuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
If it was six years, then you're probably right on both days.

8/3/07 was a Friday, probably your last day of w*rk.

8/6/07 was a Monday, probably the first day it felt like retirement.

Makes sense to me that you should celebrate both days!

braumeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
Sometimes I have a hard time with it too. For me, Saturday 11/07/09 was the first day I qualified for retirement. But since that fell on a weekend, I made Monday 11/09/09 my last day of work just so that there wouldn't be any question about my eligibility. But then, is my retirement date Monday 11/09/09, which was my last day of work, or Tuesday, 11/10/09, my first day of no work?

Oh well! This is not such a bad problem to have.

By the way, whenever it was, CONGRATULATIONS on your Retire-a-versary!
"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." - - - C. Columbus
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...
When I was in my 30s, I came to work one day to find one coworker congratulated another on his birthday. I then realized it was also my birthday.

And I do not remember any other day. Well, except for my wife's and children's birthdays, and our wedding anniversary. And that's because my wife gave me hell for forgetting.

PS. I wrote it wrong. I do remember important events. I just do not remember their date.
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...
Mine is even more confusing in that my last day of work was 12/22/11 (before Christmas holiday week) but I was "on vacation" from then until my last day on the payroll which was 2/1/12.

FWIW, I use the last day of work as my retire-a-versary.
If something cannot endure laughter.... it cannot endure.
Patience is the art of concealing your impatience.
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote