Well, that didn't take long...

Westernskies

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Widow of Austin plane crash victim sues pilot's wife

(CNN) - The widow of an Internal Revenue Service employee killed when a disgruntled taxpayer flew his plane into a seven-story building in Austin, Texas, last week is suing the pilot's wife, according to court documents.

Valerie Hunter, the wife of Vernon Hunter, is accusing Sheryl Stack, wife of Andrew Joseph "Joe" Stack III, of negligence, alleging she she knew or should have known that her husband was a threat to others and, thus, could have prevented the attack, according to the lawsuit filed Monday in Travis County District Court.

:(

I love how grieving family members can't wait to get to the lawyer's office to file a lawsuit. Has the guy even been buried yet? Brother.

This is just a ploy to go after some liability insurance money. Otherwise this woman has got to be flat broke with her house being burnt down, husband dead, airplane destroyed, etc. I'm surprised the IRS is not being sued although I guess it is immune from lawsuits.

I love how grieving family members can't wait to get to the lawyer's office to file a lawsuit. Has the guy even been buried yet? Brother.

I suspect that she didn't even have to go to an office; the ad on the back of the local phone book offered a coupon for a free in-home consultation. It's litigation lotto, and the tickets are free*

*No money down, Certain terms and conditions apply. Not all clients will qualify for contingent representation. Call our nationwide toll-free number for details; operators are standing by, or visit our offices conveniently located in most emergency waiting rooms. Chances of winning vary by case, but you can't win if you don't play.

Sadly, I knew this was obviously going to happen on the same day the incident occurred. I suspect some lawyers were drooling when they watched the video footage.

This has to be only an attempt to get whatever liability insurance money there is on the table, since it's pretty hard to get blood from a turnip.

Still, it's a pretty good example of why lawyers -- primarily tort lawyers -- are held in such contempt by many. Going after a widow who almost certainly didn't know anything and who lost her husband and lost her home is pretty disgusting, even by ambulance-chaser standards. Keep in mind Mrs. Stack likely won't get insurance payouts for the home (arson) or for his life (suicide). So what does she have left?

Widow of Austin plane crash victim sues pilot's wife

Valerie Hunter, the wife of Vernon Hunter, is accusing Sheryl Stack, wife of Andrew Joseph "Joe" Stack III, of negligence, alleging she she knew or should have known that her husband was a threat to others and, thus, could have prevented the attack, according to the lawsuit filed Monday in Travis County District Court.

:(
Could be tough proving that one..
How about a suit against the airport for having a big can of gas unsecured, then there's the rescue guys who didn't get there fast enough, then we need to get after Bush who was mentioned in the online rant...and gosh, how about all those IRS employees who made the guy mad to begin with?
Actually, Sheryl Stack may have a case against the IRS....Hey someone pass the back of the phonebook to her.

Back
Top Bottom