Join Early Retirement Today
What a Bore?
Old 02-28-2005, 04:19 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
What a Bore?

Anybody watch the academy awards last night? DW had it on in the other room, and I was watching some shark show on PBS and flipping back and forth.

Anyway, I made a point of watching Chris Rock's monologue. My opinion, he was a total bore. Bring back Billy Crystal, Get Robin Williams, or where's Bob Hope when you need him. Chris Rock considers himself so cool, he must have been embarrassed. I did hear there was a few seconds delay, in case he "slipped". Wasn't needed.

The remainder of the award show was predictable and, from what I saw, boooring. I guess Brother Scorcese is gonna have to make those academy award voters "an offer they can't refuse."

Resist much. Obey Little. . . . Ed Abbey

Disclaimer: My Posts are for my amusement only.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: What a Bore?
Old 02-28-2005, 04:25 AM   #2

In keeping with my earlier pledge, I am not going off on a "rant". You get the kinder gentler John Galt, if only for one day

Yesterday morning on FOX News, a couple of people
opined that they were going to "skip it" (viewing the Oscars).
Actually I had planned to watch although I usually
don't. I lasted maybe 3 minutes until I thought
"this is a complete waste of my time". I do confess
that pop culture in general is a huge turnoff for me.

Old 02-28-2005, 05:00 AM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I agree, Chris Rock's opening monologue laid an egg. Bring back Billy Crystal.

__________________ can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...
grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 05:13 AM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

I did not enjoy the opening, did enjoy Chris Rock's monologue & did not watch the rest of the show. I did watch a show on Saturday about video editors which was very good. Splicing frames & sound together with timing & a theme to make a movie is a real talent. I heard that stunt performers have been trying unsuccessfully for an award.
FunGoals is offline   Reply With Quote