What a Bore?

Eagle43

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Anybody watch the academy awards last night? DW had it on in the other room, and I was watching some shark show on PBS and flipping back and forth.

Anyway, I made a point of watching Chris Rock's monologue. My opinion, he was a total bore. Bring back Billy Crystal, Get Robin Williams, or where's Bob Hope when you need him. Chris Rock considers himself so cool, he must have been embarrassed. I did hear there was a few seconds delay, in case he "slipped". Wasn't needed.

The remainder of the award show was predictable and, from what I saw, boooring. I guess Brother Scorcese is gonna have to make those academy award voters "an offer they can't refuse."

In keeping with my earlier pledge, I am not going off on a "rant". You get the kinder gentler John Galt, if only for one day :)

Yesterday morning on FOX News, a couple of people
opined that they were going to "skip it" (viewing the Oscars).
Actually I had planned to watch although I usually
don't. I lasted maybe 3 minutes until I thought
"this is a complete waste of my time". I do confess
that pop culture in general is a huge turnoff for me.

JG

I agree, Chris Rock's opening monologue laid an egg. Bring back Billy Crystal.

Grumpy

I did not enjoy the opening, did enjoy Chris Rock's monologue & did not watch the rest of the show. I did watch a show on Saturday about video editors which was very good. Splicing frames & sound together with timing & a theme to make a movie is a real talent. I heard that stunt performers have been trying unsuccessfully for an award.

Back
Top Bottom