Join Early Retirement Today

What are y'all doing this w.e.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

What are y'all doing this w.e.

Gimme some ideas...

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2008, 09:45 AM   #2
Give me a forum ...

Tomorrow I will be in our local Thanksgiving Parade. We decorate my buddy's utility trailer, and collect non-perishable food items in boxes during the parade for the local food pantry.

After the parade, they have a Christmas tree lighting ceremony at Village Hall, where you can buy hot chocolate, food, holiday gifts, and of course booze for the adult crowd.......

This Thread is USELESS without pics.........:)
FinanceDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
Give me a forum ...

mch. My sholder S stil bn rehabbed so, XRcZ S ot. Im planin 2 do sum hiking. mayB a cpl of lunches W F? n wndw shpg. h.a u? wotU planin 2 do?

Translate your txt messages to and from texting\chat language and use the translater to put into plain english those messages written in code eg computer jargon, legalese ,Spanglish and anything that looks like gobbledygook to you
Old 11-14-2008, 09:49 AM   #4
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
Gimme some ideas...
Well, what I hoped to be doing this weekend got shot down. I could mention my substitute activity, but you can probably do a lot better on your own.

Ha
Old 11-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

I dunno, the most fun thing I can think of is completing my short story..."A Man and His Ball". Of course a shot or two of JD being consumed while writing makes the story really funny....
Old 11-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Rough draft for term paper is due 11:55 p.m. Sunday. But being that I'm 62 years old, I don't take it too seriously. It's an art history class, wrote some b.s. this morning, will add some quotes and photos and let it go at that.

Tonight meeting the gang for College Night at the Museum. Need to take another look at one of the paintings, what is that blurry thing in the middle left side? Free night for students but the wine is $5.00/glass.

Will take care of the after effects at the coffee shop on Saturday.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:33 AM   #7

Today I'm off to a sawmill
Tomorrow I'll hunker down at a Barnes and Noble while DW is getting a facial
Sunday I'll watch the Bears, do some woodworking, and fertilize the lawn weather permitting
Plus I have to replace the gas line on my gas grill that a critter chewed through
Old 11-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #8
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Saving the world from the forces of evil.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #9
Recycles dryer sheets

Mandatory fun run....
Old 11-14-2008, 11:16 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Pretty much what we do every day. A little surfing, a little home improvement, a few chores, some reading & computer work, perhaps a little napping. Maybe some other activities while our kid is at a women's-only taekwondo clinic and we grownups are home alone. A neighborhood walk after dinner.

Laying low until Monday after rush hour, when it's safe to go out in public again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyboard Ninja View Post
Mandatory fun run....
Gosh I miss the high-stress socializing. NOT.

The book written on E-R.org, "The Military Guide to Financial Independence and Retirement", on sale now! For more info see "About Me" in my profile.
I don't spend much time here anymore, so please send me a PM. Thanks.
Nords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Rake leaves... for the third time this week.
Watch some college football.
Play Wii Ski.
Get started on Xmas gift list.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #12

We happen to have a really fun weekend planned out. We traveled to DH's hometown to take in a concert and a football game. We are in Kansas City, MO. Last night we went to see Cold Play at the Sprint Center (awesome show!) and then went out dancing in the Power and Light district (Power & Light District). Who knew KC's downtown could be so cool? What a blast!

Tonight we will be playing poker at SIL's house and then going out to play pool at a local bar. Tomorrow just chilling out with family then out again in the eve to a nightclub for more dancing. Sunday we have tix to see the Chiefs on the 50 yd line...not expecting to win but looking forward to tailgaiting!

Back home Monday a.m. and back to w*rk!

(49, married; DH 53. I am fully retired as of 2015 (well ok, I still work part-time but only because I love the job and have complete freedom to call off if I want to travel with hubby for work), DH hopes to fully retire 2018 when he turns 55 to access 401K penalty-free...although he may decide to do part-time consulting)
simple girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #13
Recycles dryer sheets

College Football, clean basement, put out a few Ebay auctions, eat my wife's pea soup while it's 35 and raining.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:12 PM   #14

Tomorrow, we are meeting some friends and enjoying some activities at our local college, WVU, for Mountaineer Week. We are going to an Arts and Craft show, having dinner (ghost stories are supposed to be told during dinner) and then going to the Fiddler Contest. We have tickets to the WVU basketball game, but decided not to go since DH wanted to go to Fiddler's Contest. Sunday, we are early morning ushers at church and then I will be helping to cook and clean up for the Thanksgiving dinner at our church. Our college ministry is doing the dinner, but they needed help.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #15
Give me a forum ...

Gym first thing then Gator football .
Old 11-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #16
Full time employment: Posting here.

Same thing I do every weekend: attempt to recover from yet another soul-sucking work week.

I'll be taking a Hapkido class tonight and a Tae Kwon Do class tomorrow morning. Sunday I'll watch the Eagles/Bengals game. I need to make a deposit at the bank. I really should get new loafers for work, since the old ones have a bunch of holes in them. If I'm really ambitious, I might consider thinking about getting a new washer/dryer, since the dryer is nearly dead. I'll watch some movies and a couple of this week's TV shows.

Pretty much as little as possible.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #17
Recycles dryer sheets

I'm teaching a bunch of geezers to mix concrete and make decorative molds. Also, being in Vegas, the knowledge of concrete does come in handy for "extra work"

jug.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Khan
Installing a new desktop (Vista, shudder).
Old 11-14-2008, 05:48 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
Gym first thing then Gator football .
Tebow is something else eh! Not sure what kind a pro he will be but dang that kid can power run.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
Installing a new desktop (Vista, shudder).
Running 32 bit Vista on one comp and 64 bit on the other. Not any problems I can think of regarding the OS. Ive heard the horror stories. So far knock on wood with me