What Are You Drinking Right Now?

Laurence said:
Hey, at least it wasn't the moonshine still! :LOL: Nice story...and you have quite a post on the Academy thread, what, is surf down right now? ;)
Same submarine, different crew, the guys swore they were working on a source of alternative fuel based on the citric-acid content of mess-decks oranges. But that's another story which might offend the delicate sensibilities of ballistic missile fire control technicians. To say nothing of the feelings of the taxpayers who are paying for those guys to put their fingers on the triggers of nuclear missiles.

Surf sucks right now. We're in our 50th straight day of rain with some faint hope that conditions will clear by the middle of next week. I've had not one not two but THREE e-mails from you guys asking whether it's gonna be safe to come to Hawaii this year. E komo mai, everyone, it'll be safe soon.

Yesterday a 42-inch rain-clogged sewage main on Waikiki burst (Laurence and Saver, you've both been there) and it had to be dumped into the Ala Wai Canal while repairs progressed. (Divers with 30 cubic yards of concrete.) It was dissipating slowly out to sea, much to the delight of the local aquatic life ("Dude, is that a fin?") but 20 million gallons later the conditions changed and pushed it back onto Waikiki Beach. It's the first time the beach has been closed in recent memory, although it's probably going to be reopened today.

But at least I have plenty of quality time to work on our tax returns, which is why I'm spending so much of it on this board.

The funny thing is, my systems lead was Chief of the watch(?) on a sub, so between the two of you I'll be able to fake some one into thinking I served in a couple years! He just said, "Oh, angles and dangles! I usually tried to be in my bunk for that!"

I could use another trip to Hawaii about now...

Laurence said:
I could use another trip to Hawaii about now...
Thunder, lightning, & horizontal rain at this moment.

Better give it another week or two...

Nords said:
Thunder, lightning, & horizontal rain at this moment.

And I'm getting it, used, about 2 days later.

We're going to go from 60-something and pissing it down to 80-something, convection bake on. In about 2 weeks. :p

Soooo...who thought it was a good idea to put the 8000 gallon urn of coffee in the same room with all the electrics anyhow?

But back to topic, REAL hot chocolate, made with shaved chocolate and primarily half and half.

Gabe wasnt quite sure what to do with it at first, having never had a hot beverage, but after a few dubious looks and funny facial expressions, it cant be separated from his lips.

Sr. Senor Cute 'n' Fuzzy Bunny said:
Soooo...who thought it was a good idea to put the 8000 gallon urn of coffee in the same room with all the electrics anyhow?
I think the chief petty officers declared that it seemed like a good idea at the time.  Of course they were also hustling to fix the damage before we had to start groveling for help, so everything worked out OK.  I didn't even have enough reaction time to need to wash out my coveralls.

Funny how while the old boomers were dealing with flotsam & jetsam, the LOS ANGELES class was the first submarine class with "according to plan" specifications.  If it wasn't in the NAVSEA-approved plans, you couldn't have it.  Period, no excuses or bribery.  So when I reported to my second submarine, an LA-class, you had to go forward to the mess decks for coffee.  There was no whining; an attack submarine took large angles routinely with no warning and no coffeepot would have survived the engineroom.

I eventually realized that the boomer force was coddled and rather whiny compared to the "real" submarine world.  When the Cold War ended I don't know how they maintained the will to live...

Sr. Senor Cute 'n' Fuzzy Bunny said:
But back to topic, REAL hot chocolate, made with shaved chocolate...
Yummy, same here! It comes out of a big can labeled "Hershey"...

Once that caffeine hits my cerebral cortex (ooooooh, here it is!) I'm off for some more Kona coffee.

Us recreational boaters use gimbals...

Drinking milk right now. I like milk. I have some friends that think milk is bad for you and won't touch it.

At the moment, a great "Smith and Kerns."  If you are not a bartender or spent time in a few bars in the northern tier of states you will probably need to google this one.  It's worth it  :D

Queen Martha said:
Drinking milk right now.  I like milk.   I have some friends that think milk is bad for you and won't touch it.

Queeny,

Milk is good for you as long as it's Skim Milk.

dory36 said:
Us recreational boaters use gimbals...
Yeah, I've wondered about that. I think it's a combination of being built by the low-cost bidder and an irresistable urge to dictate that they have to be inspected monthly & greased quarterly.

The gimbals, not the bidders.

Probably the taxpayers being greased... :p

Milk is an excellent beverage, for cereal, coffee, and White Russians... 8)

Coffee's ready!

Neighbor's are heading out tuna fishing today. With luck we'll have yellow fin steaks for dinner. Hmmmm...... what to drink with that?

A Hugel Gewürztraminer, kinda rolls off the tongue don't it?...Shredder

Is it true that rolling a Hugel Gewürztraminer off the tongue prevents breast cancer?

Back
Top Bottom