What Are You Drinking Right Now?

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We just opened a bottle of Columbia-Crest Shiraz - on sale $5.99! :D
My frugal soul loves it...

I am concerned that their vineyard is down wind from the Nuclear facilities around Hanford Washington, but hey the price!

The dregs of a 32oz coke I bought home from sams club that came with a hot dog attached. Which by the time I added onions, relish, sauerkraut and mustard in heroic proportions weighed about 9 pounds.

Cute 'n' Fuzzy Bunny said:
The dregs of a 32oz coke I bought home from sams club that came with a hot dog attached. Which by the time I added onions, relish, sauerkraut and mustard in heroic proportions weighed about 9 pounds.
That's a well balanced meal really

I think so. Some bread, a lot of vegetation, some (probably) meat product. Lots of water. Some sugar.

A glass of Czech Pilzner, made in the kitchen using beermachine.com's gizmo.

IMHO, better beer than at the store, and ballpark 1/3 to 1/2 the price per glass.

dory36 said:

IMHO, better beer than at the store, and ballpark 1/3 to 1/2 the price per glass.
Wooohooo!!! We got another budding homebrewer! That's great, dory. If it gets to be a real sickness, you can start drooling over the stuff they sell at www.morebeer.com

I'm sipping brandy.

Remy Martin VSOP. Mikey don't fool when it comes to beverages.

HaHa said:
Remy Martin VSOP. Mikey don't fool when it comes to beverages.

I really like Remy Martin (cordon bleu is the bomb), but it is generally too rich for my blood. I mostly end up buying alternatives that deliver lots of yumminess without quite the price. Drinking E&J Gallo (gulp) XO, which is pretty decent for the price.

I'm sipping on a Calfornia red wine. Taste pretty good after a nice dinner and a pretty day on the golf course.  8)

dory36 said:

Sounds tasty. I love Pilsner Urquell.
I used to brew also, a noble and tasty hobby!

brewer12345 said:
Wooohooo!!!  We got another budding homebrewer!  That's great, dory.  If it gets to be a real sickness, you can start drooling over the stuff they sell at www.morebeer.com

I'm sipping brandy.
It's is good, but I am WAY too lazy to do it the hard way. This approach is disdained by those really into brewing, just as cake mix cakes are disdained by bakers.

But it tastes good, it's cheaper than recycled dryer sheets, and it's about 5-10 minutes work for about a case, drinkable in about 2 weeks. Since getting the kit for Christmas, I've tried several varieties, and like the Irish stout the best.

hic!

dory36

dory36 said:
It's is good, but I am WAY too lazy to do it the hard way. This approach is disdained by those really into brewing, just as cake mix cakes are disdained by bakers.

But it tastes good, it's cheaper than recycled dryer sheets, and it's about 5-10 minutes work for about a case, drinkable in about 2 weeks. Since getting the kit for Christmas, I've tried several varieties, and like the Irish stout the best.

hic!

dory36
Dory -
what do you think your method costs per 12oz/22oz bottle?

Gatorade now. Made from powder in a can that I think is at least 3 years old (and therefore aged to a lovely urine yellow) and fine filtered water from a vintage 2005 whirlpool refrigerator.

Gatorade now. Made from powder in a can that I think is at least 3 years old (and therefore aged to a lovely urine yellow) and fine filtered water from a vintage 2005 whirlpool refrigerator.
You're sick

Thanks, I really appreciate it when someone recognizes the effort.
No, you really are sick.

DiSarrono (more expensive cousin to Amaretto) and pineapple juice over ice in a big-assed water goblet. It plays hell on the diabetes, but damn is it good!!!!

3 of these makes one a mellow fellow!!!!!!!!!!

The Professor

Professor said:
DiSarrono (more expensive cousin to Amaretto) and pineapple juice over ice in a big-assed water goblet. It plays hell on the diabetes, but damn is it good!!!!

3 of these makes one a mellow fellow!!!!!!!!!!

The Professor
I'm intrigued! What is this DiSarrono you speak of? Distilled by monks in some hidden european retreat?

Hi Dan--

It is from almonds and I do think somewhere down the line monks did have something to do with it. (Clever religious types with too much time on their hands!!! ;) ) It is a type of after dinner liquer. Check out your local bottle shop. These establishments often have it on sale. I think it is smoother (hence a bit more expensive) than Amaretto. As the kids say:
with pineapple juice it's DA BOMB!!!!!!!!!!! Try it and let me know what you think. To me, it's almost addictive--it's that good.

The Professor

Professor said:
Hi Dan--

It is from almonds and I do think somewhere down the line monks did have something to do with it. (Clever religious types with too much time on their hands!!! ;) ) It is a type of after dinner liquer. Check out your local bottle shop. These establishments often have it on sale. I think it is smoother (hence a bit more expensive) than Amaretto. As the kids say:
with pineapple juice it's DA BOMB!!!!!!!!!!! Try it and let me know what you think. To me, it's almost addictive--it's that good.

The Professor
Thanks Professor, I like things that are almost addictive! Will put on my must do list for further study..

I'm having a glass of '04 Conifer Creek Cabernet--not bad!
It's pretty hard to get though, in fact ya gotta know somebody since we make in my buddy's basement!
This was our first effort (made about 12 cases) and we plan to triple that next year since it's surprisingly drinkable.
Cheers!
wm

Wagemonkey--

you start making spaghetti sauce and salad dressings and we'll know you are really Paul Newman in disguise come to grace our ER forum!!!!

The Professor

Water with lemon juice from the backyard tree.

Still working on the same 12-pack of Corona that we bought last Hallowe'en. One drink of anything alcoholic pretty much hammers me into a snooze, and I think of all the stuff that I want to work on that afternoon or after dinner, and I just don't get around to it.

DanTien said:
I am concerned that their vineyard is down wind from the Nuclear facilities around Hanford Washington, but hey the price!
Nah, no pressurized vessels at Hanford, just lifetime employment for retired Navy nukes. The waste is all in lead-shielded containers or underwater. So you should be worried about what water table those grapes are sucking on...

You don't want to hear the stories about Hanford's field mice and their radioactive droppings, or what the mice diet did to Hanford's owls.

I think so. Some bread, a lot of vegetation, some (probably) meat product. Lots of water. Some sugar.

Some jive.

Back
Top Bottom