Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFWR View Post
+1 on Derek Trucks

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum
+3
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #22

From the age of about 7 or 8, until my career as a DJ/presenter/host ended 5 years ago, I have listened to music for a minimum of 8 hours a day continuously. Some days, it was 12 hours or more. Since then, I hardly ever listen to music, despite having a large library of it. However, yesterday I was listening to a 1-hour special the company I worked for produced on the band Garbage.

This morning, I am listening to my daily ham radio net on 7268.5KHz. When that is over, the rest of the day will be spent in relative silence, broken by the occasional sound of kitty meows

Major Tom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #23
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
From the age of about 7 or 8, until my career as a DJ/presenter/host ended 5 years ago, I have listened to music for a minimum of 8 hours a day continuously. Some days, it was 12 hours or more. Since then, I hardly ever listen to music, despite having a large library of it. However, yesterday I was listening to a 1-hour special the company I worked for produced on the band Garbage.

This morning, I am listening to my daily ham radio net on 7268.5KHz. When that is over, the rest of the day will be spent in relative silence, broken by the occasional sound of kitty meows
It is definitely possible to get too much of a good thing. Hopefully you can still enjoy your favourite music in small doses!
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadbh View Post
It is definitely possible to get too much of a good thing. Hopefully you can still enjoy your favourite music in small doses!
There are still times when certain pieces, whether classical, rock, or otherwise, still send me into raptures. I will occasionally watch a documentary on a favorite musician and still experience wonder at such creativity and artistry. As a rather pragmatic person, I am in awe of the creativity I see around me!

Major Tom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Snarky Puppy! They won a grammy for "Something" with Layla Hathaway, but here's another number for your listening pleasure.
Mango1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:35 PM   #26
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I was listening to Songlines on Friday. What a coincidence!

Spotify has been a boon to my listening lately, especially the discovery tab. I like their curated playlist called "the pulse of Americana" a lot and have picked up some new favorites from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote