What Broadband and Web Browser do you use??

ATT/YAHOO DSL
firefox

occasionally: Netscape and IE7

(edited to add DSL)

What, no poll?

fixed wireless from a local ISP. $29 / month ( I don't have cable TV, DSL either not availabale or not a good deal or I just did not want to deal with a 'phone company', or all of the above - I don't remember)

CNET speed test: 1021.3 Kbps

FireFox on a Mac.

-ERD50

At home, DSL & Safari. At work, well, I work for NASA and lets just say its fast being on a backbone connection, optical 3 line to my computer, and use Firefox browser.

Is Firefox that good?

I have ATT DSL and use the SBC Yahoo browser. I did an update a few days ago that they kept bugging me about every day, and now my Norton's utilities program has to be disabled or I can't log into e-mail. They have yet to find a solution, and want me to disable Norton and use their anti-virus so it will work.............. :p

If I switch to Firefox, will I need a new e-mail address for home?

Firefox is a great browser. Much better and less susceptible to viruses than Internet Explorer. Since it is open source, many interesting custom add-ons have been developed.

As far as email goes, you would want the Firefox companion product, Thunderbird. And you shouldn't have to change your email address.

Both Firefox and Thunderbird can be downloaded free from the Mozilla website. http://www.mozilla.org/

Qwest DSL 1.5Kb
at w#rk we use IE 6.0
at home I use IE 7.0 and firefox depending on what im doing
videos work better with IE- ive found
general browsing works better on firefox

Covad DSL, Firefox

Gumby said:
Firefox is a great browser. Much better and less susceptible to viruses than Internet Explorer. Since it is open source, many interesting custom add-ons have been developed.

As far as email goes, you would want the Firefox companion product, Thunderbird. And you shouldn't have to change your email address.
If you are using Yahoo Web Mail now, you can access it with Firefox. You need Thunderbird if you have a need for a full mail client - but most home users don't. Browser based email is fine for most users.

cable and opera (lightning speed).
occasionally k-meleon

SuddenLink cable (was Cox Communications) and IE 6.0. I installed IE 7 & didn't like it, so I went back to IE 6.

Earthlink DSL (6.0 Mbps)

Firefox (ocassionally HAVE to use IE, because some website isn't designed for anything else)

Verizon Broadband or National Access (depending on location). This is a mobile/cellular internet.

Safari

Audrey

Back
Top Bottom