What Countries Would Have Us As Permanent Guests?

Re: What Countries Would Be Happy To Have Us As Permanent Guests?

REWahoo! said:
I'm beginning to think CFB may be right about the long-term effect of spending months inside a metal penis... ;)

By the way, that whole thing was completely taken the wrong way and I didnt really see fit to correct it until now.

My point was intended to mean that spending decades surging through the oceans in a giant metal penis sort of gave one a compounded manliness expenditure allowance that helped one agree to have their balls snipped loose from ones weener.

Not that he was exposed to a lot of nuclear radiation, trapped gasses, improper line voltages and so forth.

Not that theres anything wrong with THAT either...

REWahoo! said:
Nords, kindly re-read my post:

I'm beginning to think CFB may be right about the long-term effect of spending months inside a metal penis... ;)

ReWahoo:  Agree with you 100% on your statement, and also agree that Nords was mis-interpreting your point.

Mr. Nords is, without a doubt, one of the most helpful and thourough posters on this forum.

But I also notice, on occassions, that when given the opportunity to be witty, or right, he chooses the former.  In this case, he chose the wrong one.

Of course, I'm handicapped by the fact that my golf course is currently underwater, and have plenty of time to actually read posts, and interpret their meanings.

Looking forward to clear weather, and a break from "umpire" duties.

REWahoo! said:
I live here, you and brewer do not.  So when I tell you it is an unreal third world hell-hole, I would think you would defer to someone with first hand experience. :-\

Oh boy, I hate to comment, but here it comes.

Yes, I "lived" in Texas.  Actually, I was stationed at (no longer there) Reese AFB in Lubbock (home of tornados, dust storms, heat, cold, etc <all in the same 24 hr period>)

I volunteered to go to Turkey (the country, not the bird  8).  As you can see by my signature notes, I would up "somewhere else"  :D

As for Texas, we had a saying (and please, don't take offense, whatever your orgin):

"The definition of a Texan...   :mad:
    is a Mexican that didn't make it to Oklahoma  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:"

"Been there - done that...  ;)"

- Ron

rs0460a said:
As for Texas, we had a saying (and please, don't take offense, whatever your orgin):

"The definition of a Texan... :mad:
is a Mexican that didn't make it to Oklahoma :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:"

Why on earth would anyone be offended by such a sweet, innocuous, racial sentiment like that?

Still interested if anyone wants to talk about foreign countries that are not apart of the US that would have me as their guest. :D
I've been to NJ and Texas and the OK state and even though they deserve to be recognized as their own countries/planets - I don't want to go there if you know what I mean. ;)

DanTien said:
Still interested if anyone wants to talk about foreign countries that are not apart of the US that would have me as their guest. :D
I've been to NJ and Texas and even though they deserve to be recognized as their own countries/planets - I don't want to go there if you know what I mean.  ;)

Dan: That's just plain rude. We're bull----ing here. ;)

Jarhead* said:
Dan: That's just plain rude. We're bull----ing here. ;)
Sorry Jar,
I dearly love the Texan people. They deserve to have their own country and I predict they someday will. ;)

DanTien said:
about us just living there and would be happy to have us as permanent guests?  :)

I'm not sure any country permits permanant guests.
Many will allow us to acquire residency if we meet the financial and other requirements. This requires income, cash and legal work.

As stated Panama will give residency if you can prove a pension of $600 a month or so. Other countries are more. But suppose you got a buyout and don't have a pension. Then you need to come up with cash.
Panama needs you to put $200,000 in one of their banks to apply for residency. Costa Rica $60,000.

I believe some countries may only require the legal work for residency since they figure we will spend our US dollars in their country anyway.

But as far a being a guest, I don't think many will allow it for more than 90 days or so.

I don't know the immigration rules, as that takes the kind of research that someone would only do if you had a personal interest in immigrating.

But I have known several ERs who moved to Thailand, one who moved to Bali, and one who moved to Switzerland (and RVed around Europe about half time), and have corresponded to ERs who moved to Mexico, Costa Rica, and other places already mentioned in earlier messages.

The community library in our residential "camp" in Saudi carried a newsletter called International Living, that seemed to focus on such issues -- their website is http://www.internationalliving.com/ (and I suspect that if you get any of their info, you'll get a new friend in the international real estate business as a bonus).

brewer12345 said:
I the interest of never having to do so in order to find out, I happily accept your assessment as a resident of TX.  Would you please reclaim your idiot?  Lost and found is at the White House.

ROFLOL!

Cute n' Fuzzy Bunny said:
My point was intended to mean that spending decades surging through the oceans in a giant metal penis sort of gave one a compounded manliness expenditure allowance that helped one agree to have their balls snipped loose from ones weener.

Not that he was exposed to a lot of nuclear radiation, trapped gasses, improper line voltages and so forth.
Boy, I'm gonna sleep good tonight.  Although I was probably personally responsible for creating half of that stuff under the guise of "training".  Yes, TH, I'm referring to the second sentence, not the first!

I wonder what the statute of limitations is on those VA disability claims.

Jarhead* said:
But I also notice, on occassions, that when given the opportunity to be witty, or right, he chooses the former. In this case, he chose the wrong one.
If going for the punchline is wrong, I don' wanna be right...

But I can see that I should quit while I'm behind!

I read that if you have a parent or grandparent who was born in Ireland then you are an Irish citizen and the door is open to you.

I, too, have lived, loved and worked in Baja Oklahoma (AKA Tejas to y'all damyankees). I remember it best for the record-winning cockroaches, air-conditioning bills bigger than my mortgage, the Westheimer Festival, life-threatening trips on the 610 loop, NASA and the pool in my back yard. Did you know you can sweat in a pool? I remember removing frogs and a snake--very dead, I am happy to say-- from the filter basket from time to time.

Oh, yes. Countries that would be happy to have us. Panama is your best bet. With regard to Belize, the best way to have a million dollars in Belize is to come in with two million.

You want to speak English there? Someone wrote here very recently about Gozo in Malta. It looked pretty good to me, except it is cheaper to live in Panama.

Later.

El Gitano

Have a look at the Malaysia My Second Home program http://mm2h.motour.gov.my/

Simple application; provisional approval within 30 days; requires initial US$75,000 placed on fixed deposit for 12 months in a bank in Malaysia; gives 10 year social visit visa ie cannot work but can stay as long as you like. Climate, costs, food similar to Thailand but big advantage is that you can manage and run your life (ie Govt forms, utilities, banking, renting, buying) yourself entirely with spoken and written English.

Back
Top Bottom