What did you do while the board was down?

If I register, do the ads go away?
It's like E-R.org. Some of the ads go away when you join. Then you can go to your UserCP and disable the right column and have a pretty streamlined interface. Lots of very nice members who love cooking!

I was "on the road" and missed the whole thing while exploring northwestern Wyoming. Now that I am back, I'll try, from now on, to be more discriminating in my timing.

I resorted to some rather bizarre analog activities - like vacuuming the dog hair up off the carpets and hardwood floors, went out to lunch, shopped for groceries and ran into 3 former cow*rkers (huge ego boost from the "you look fabulous" remarks). :D
Then I went digital and filed a Sail Plan for the weekend...:cool:
I'm reporting in, so don't call the USCG. :LOL:

I was getting ready for an arthroscopic surgical procedure on my knee that was performed on Friday. As I am now temporarily hobbled, thank you for getting this site back up and running.

Writing two papers on human motivation in the workplace and external/internal factors affecting the four functions of management. Blech!

Would have far preferred to have been writing spammer haiku with Janet.
But at least the essays worked for pregnancy prevention! :)

Writing two papers on human motivation in the workplace and external/internal factors affecting the four functions of management. Blech!

Four Functions of Management:

1)Create confusion
2)Create fear
3)Create distrust
4)Fire anyone who questions you.

But at least the essays worked for pregnancy prevention! :)

Never let sex get in the way of writing an essay for school.........:whistle::LOL:

I was "on the road" and missed the whole thing while exploring northwestern Wyoming. Now that I am back, I'll try, from now on, to be more discriminating in my timing.
Oh man! Grand Teton National Park? Yellowstone? Wasn't it all covered in snow already?!?!?

Audrey

<start plug>

You cooks and food lovers should really be part of our sister community, Discuss Cooking. Lots of great members and info for making tasty treats! If course that site was down to at the time.

</end plug>
Uh-oh! Looks like I could get in real trouble again with a whole new internet community!

Audrey

Oh man! Grand Teton National Park? Yellowstone? Wasn't it all covered in snow already?!?!?

Yes, it was. It was beautiful. The key to this type of trip is there not being any snow in the air. The weather was perfect -- upper 50's/lower 60's during the day and upper 20's at night. Makes one a Weather Channel addict.

Yes, it was. It was beautiful. The key to this type of trip is there not being any snow in the air. The weather was perfect -- upper 50's/lower 60's during the day and upper 20's at night. Makes one a Weather Channel addict.
Wow - that sounds spectacular! I am jealous.

Audrey

Wow - that sounds spectacular! I am jealous.

Yeah but... it will only slightly offset the two weeks we have to spend in the Dallas/Fort Worth area before the end of the year. I notice that last year we spent the first two weeks of December going from Denver to Salina KS, Wichita KS, Tulsa OK, Wichita Falls TX, Lubbock TX, Clovis NM, Amarillo TX and then back to Denver. That was fun... but Dallas:(

Yeah but... it will only slightly offset the two weeks we have to spend in the Dallas/Fort Worth area before the end of the year. I notice that last year we spent the first two weeks of December going from Denver to Salina KS, Wichita KS, Tulsa OK, Wichita Falls TX, Lubbock TX, Clovis NM, Amarillo TX and then back to Denver. That was fun... but Dallas:(

"Most cities have soul, but Dallas must have been at the bank when they passed it around..."

Austin Lounge Lizards

I think it is pretty hard to live in some boring flood prone, blizzard prone Midwestern City and criticize Dallas.It's likely where I would be if I were not where I am, considering taxes and cost of living etc.At least they have daytime even in winter.Ha

I think it is pretty hard to live in some boring flood prone, blizzard prone Midwestern City and criticize Dallas.It's likely where I would be if I were not where I am, considering taxes and cost of living etc.At least they have daytime even in winter.Ha

Oh, gee whiz! I didn't mean it. I take it all back.

Denver... flood prone? blizzard prone? Hmmmm. Must have missed all that, too.

Back
Top Bottom