What Did You Eat Today?

Breakfast: Cream of Rice with raspberries. This is what does not work: Do not put cream of rice in microwave for 60 seconds, add a handful of frozen raspberries and then zap another 30 sec. Apparently raspberries have too much water? Cream of rice was not cooked. One of our least favorite breakfasts. Ever.

Lunch: pan fried flounder with almonds and sauteed spinach with onions and mushrooms

Dinner: salad and beer (Cheap Beer Night at local pizza joint)

Breakfast: fruits, Greek yogurt, and a cappuccino.

Delightful lunch with Rich_by_the_Bay: chef salad

Dinner: cream of zucchini soup with croutons

Bread and jam with coffee for breakfast, pizza and a salad for late lunch, a cup of oatmeal with cranberries and biscuits for supper. Hopefully I won't get too hungry later and can fall asleep soon. If not, may have a late night snack!

Brunch...PB&J on 8 grain bread with 2 large cups of coffee.
Dinner....grilled chicken with couscous and green beans almondine

Two glasses of blender green drink made of spinach, lettuce, oranges, bananas, flax seeds.

Handful of raw walnuts/almonds

What do you use to make your drinks? My Nutri Bullet just died after only a few months and I ordered a VitaMix last night... hopes it better!

I managed to find a log buyer that sells fresh Morrell mushrooms for 3+ months in the spring, this is his last week this year. I got skunked on my own and had to pay for them.

Fresh Morrells battered and fried in butter, does not get much better, than that!

MRG

I've had two vanilla wafers so far today. Just haven't been hungry.

But tonight, we'll polish off the rest of the bbq chicken. Prolly have a twice baked potato to go with it. For dessert, I made banana pudding (pudding made from scratch). Here's a pic of it.....before it's violated. :D

Attachments

• DSC04656.jpg
    DSC04656.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 16
Midday dinner was homemade all lamb souvlaki, marinated raw and frozen back in summer of last year. I had some marouk bread from a local Lebanese deli in the freezer and some fresh babaganoush from the same deli. Some crumbled Feta cheese sprinkled over a small piece of marouk wrapped around a chunk of souvlaki, then dipped into the cooked marinade juice made for some delicious finger food.

I had a small dish of homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream for dessert. :D

Baked cod with tomato sauce and melted cheese and broccoli. I bought it in the public market this afternoon. Many people see that fish market as a tourist attraction, which it certainly is, but the guys who work there are very knowledgeable and the fish is always fresh.

If I have time I'll go to Chinatown and Uwajimaya, as it is as good or better but cheaper.

Ha

I've had two vanilla wafers so far today. Just haven't been hungry.

But tonight, we'll polish off the rest of the bbq chicken. Prolly have a twice baked potato to go with it. For dessert, I made banana pudding (pudding made from scratch). Here's a pic of it.....before it's violated. :D

Gorgeous meringue on that pudding--hope it's been well violated by now :)

No breakfast. Aint got time for dat.

Lunch was an overpriced calzone and a coke at an establishment which I shall not be revisiting as their service was slow and my food was cold.

Dinner was skipped because I wanted to drink beer after work, which I did. Now Im hungry again.

I just finished a salami and cheese sandwich some almonds and some beef jerky.

Getting ready for bed.

I really didnt think my diet was as bad as it is until I wrote it out. sheesh. :(

I've been busy today, so far I've had a cranberry muffin and a cup of coffee.

We'll be having battered fried green tomatoes, battered fried okra, sauteed acorn squash, yellow squash and onion for supper.

I'm thinking about frying a few pieces of bacon and then fry cornbread fritters in the bacon grease. Grandpa would be proud! :D

Last edited:
Decided to take a pic of DH's plate. I made everything I intended to make except for the cornbread fritters. I didn't have any place to put them. :LOL:

Attachments

• DSC04666.jpg
    DSC04666.jpg
    594.1 KB · Views: 11
Part of my dinner. Taters and collard greens coming up.

Attachments

• image-1599691424.jpg
    image-1599691424.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 6
My dinner: Panzanella with roasted vegetables

Last edited:
What's this...has no one eaten lately? :angel:

Drank three cups o' coffee for breakfast.
Ate a bowl of cereal for lunch.
For supper, I sliced sweet potatoes, leeks, carrots, celery and sauteed them in olive oil...added a few sprinkles of bbq dry rub (I know this sounds like a weird combo, but it was great). Then sauteed jumbo Gulf shrimp in olive oil, garlic and white wine. It was a very pretty dish...I would have taken a pic but I was famished. :p

The next time I think I'll try eggplant, leeks and carrots. I'll add some angel hair pasta and parmesan cheese. :)

Some leftovers and an avocado.

OK, I'll play, but this is yesterday's menu. It wasn't Thanksgiving where I live!

Breakfast: Muesli, coffee

Lunch: Salad of aragula, Brie, croutons and pomegranate dressing

Dinner:
Grilled wild salmon fillet, drizzled with lemon juice
Sauteed mushrooms
Fresh steamed asparagus
Parmesan cheese sauce
Glass of Gewürztraminer

Today, so far…..

Skipped breakfast

Lunch: Caesar-ish salad with aragula, croutons, grated Parmesan, lemon juice and a dash of asparagus and asiago dip
Two thin slices of fat free ham
Toasted whole wheat bread dipped in olive oil and white wine vinegar

Dinner (what I'm planning):
Grilled peppercorn steak
Fresh steamed asparagus
Another vegetable TBA (could be sweet potato, spinach, etc…..

Last edited:
LOTS - Last Of Turkey Sandwich.

MRG

Dr. Seuss breakfast (green eggs and ham).

Back
Top Bottom