What Did You Eat Today?

Sumatra coffee, half inch slice off the Pancette round, turkey egg chive scramble topped by a dollop of plain Greek yogurt broke the day's fast.

Last edited:
Breakfast: strawberries, Greek yogurt and a spoonful of muesli, washed down with two mugs of coffee with milk.

Lunch: tempura box and miso soup at a local Japanese restaurant. Yummy!

Some crackers, an apple, a banana, and a four-egg omelet with diced ham and jalapeno peppers, finished off with cheddar cheese.

The omelet sounds reeeeaaally good. The fruit sounds just pretty good. :D

Found some morels at the market and made some fresh fettuccine pasta with morel sauce for dinner.

Met with my nutrition coach and did my weigh in. Down another 1% body fat to 17.8%. Coach declared dinner tonight an official cheat meal - I could eat whatever I wanted in a 45 minute window. I went crazy.

California Summer Harvest Salad
Bison Meatloaf
Mashed potatoes
Peas

Dessert was a chocolate milkshake, with whipped cream and a piece of chocolate cake.

It was all marvelous.

I don't have any idea how many carbs that was, but it has to be more than the total of all the carbs I've eaten in the last two weeks.

Back on WeightWatchers, but I refuse to subside on solely on prepackaged frankenfood:

Breakfast: Luna Bar + 1 C Rainier Cherries + White Tea

Mid-morning Snack: 1 Kozy Shack Tapioca

Lunch: Whole Wheat Bagel with Avocado, Light Cream Cheese, Onion, and Pea Sprouts

Mid-Afternoon Snack: Raw Snap Peas

Dinner: Cesaer Salad with Shrimp (homemade)

Dessert: 1 pkg (4) Snackwells'd Creme Cookies

Last edited:
A German Brat and sauerkraut in the public market.

Ha

Just came back from Costco, where I got a 5-lb bag of mussels.

Moules marinières is on the menu for dinner tonight. My mouth is watering already.

PS. Oops. I do not drink much white wine, and just discover I am out of a dry white bottle, suitable for cooking this dish. Need to go out again.

Last edited:
Crackers and cheese for a wake-up snack, later a big salad with half a chopped-up grilled chicken breast in it. Dunno about dinner yet. Maybe just more salad - it's there and easy to set out.

Grilled up some juicy burgers & brats on the Weber charcoal grill....mmmmmm! Afterwards, wife made some homemade chocolate chip cookies, to which I added a few crushed pecans.

For breakfast I made an omelette with cherry tomatoes and feta cheese, which I enjoyed with coffee. I have just visited a local market garden and now have an amazing selection of really fresh vegetables. I think I will make a kale salad with garlic and mushrooms for lunch. Tonight I am going to a party where I know there will be something good to eat! :dance:

Just came back from Costco, where I got a 5-lb bag of mussels.

Moules marinières is on the menu for dinner tonight. My mouth is watering already.

PS. Oops. I do not drink much white wine, and just discover I am out of a dry white bottle, suitable for cooking this dish. Need to go out again.

Was getting ready to go out when wife found a bottle of Chardonnay in another corner of the house. Hope it's not stale. Perhaps I should open it in advance to avoid last minute rush to get a replacement.

That 5-lb bag of mussels is going to be too much for 2, so just invited my sister and her husband over for dinner. That will give her a chance to tell me a bit about their recent month long trip through Vienna, some parts of Germany, and NYC.

Life is great when the only worry one has is whether his bottle of wine is still good.

Last edited:
Had some family over for a beer, boats and brisket day. So I smoked a brisket, and had a few salads, chips, baked beans, and ice cream sandwiches.

So, we had the 5-lb of Moules yesterday. While the other 3 ate about 1lb each, I think I ate close to 2 lbs, not wanting to have left overs. I used perhaps 1-1/2 cups of wine, which was too much because the mussels also released quite a bit of juice. Hmmm... I wonder how much meat is in 2 lbs of mussels. Anyway, I did not die from indigestion, and in fact felt fine to have dessert later on. I will not have Moules marinières for a while though.

Being as frugal as we are, my wife saved the extra juice to me to put in my clam chowder today. The pot is cooling down on the stove top, and I will have that for lunch soon.

Life is great, even if outside it is 108F (42C). In a couple of days, I will be back up to the boonies home, basking in the cool high-country air, celebrating July 4th.

Did I already say that life is great?

Last edited:
For breakfast I made an omelette with cherry tomatoes and feta cheese, which I enjoyed with coffee. I have just visited a local market garden and now have an amazing selection of really fresh vegetables. I think I will make a kale salad with garlic and mushrooms for lunch. Tonight I am going to a party where I know there will be something good to eat! :dance:

The party was awesome (Friends' DS is a professional chef).

This morning's breakfast was scrambled eggs with fresh basil, sausage, garnished with fresh raspberries, washed down with rhubarb tea.

Fried eggs for breakfast, gym two hours later, salad for lunch (and a bowl of chocolate mint ice cream) grilled chicken off the grill later.

Glass of Kefir (liquid yogurt) and homemade blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Trout and salad for dinner.

I am now sitting in front of a bowl of vegetable soup and under a ceiling fan, waiting for it to cool down a bit.

My wife has been out of town, leaving me to fend for myself. I looked in the fridges, and while no grocery shopping has been done in a week, there's still so much food. I found quite a bit of veggie past its prime, hence not good for a fresh salad. So, some carrots, celery stalks, potatoes, wilted tomatoes, zucchini, a slug of olive oil, some seasoning and a bouillon cube and I've got myself a pot of soup. A pot of soup in 100F+ weather? You betcha. I like soup.

Just now, stepped on the scale. Man, I am getting so lean and mean. No wonder I have to put on a belt even inside the home, as my shorts are feeling loose.

Last edited:
For breakfast I made a two egg omelette, using free range eggs (the yolks were so yellow!) with sliced tomato, diced fresh parsley, feta cheese and pesto, and a mug of pistachio cream tea.

I am finally getting the hang of making an omelette that doesn't stick to the pan!

:dance:

I am sweating profusely despite the ceiling fan. Yes, I am finishing up the whole pot of veggie soup.

I am going to take a shower now to cool down. :p

So, out of the shower. Cool now, but still hungry! Where did those 2 quarts of soup go?

Step on the scale. It says I am now 3.5 lbs heavier than before the soup. OK. There's no calorie in the water, but how 'bout the big carrot, 1/2 of an onion, 3 stalks of celery, one potato, 2 tomatoes, one zucchini, 2 tablespoons of olive oil? Whatever it is, it is apparently not enough as I am still hungry.

I am munching on a wedge of cheese now, as something to tide me over until dinner, when I will bake that frozen fish fillet I spotted in the freezer. If this cheese doesn't do it, I will have to break open that pack of sliced salami.

Step on the scale. It says I am now 3.5 lbs heavier than before the soup. OK. There's no calorie in the water, but how 'bout the big carrot, 1/2 of an onion, 3 stalks of celery, one potato, 2 tomatoes, one zucchini, 2 tablespoons of olive oil? Whatever it is, it is apparently not enough as I am still hungry.

After all that fibre, you will soon be lighter again!

I don't think all that fiber by itself weighs much at all. It's all the water that I add to the pot as well as what's in the veggie. That water will not stay in the body long, certainly not in this dry heat. :)

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1405201594.666538.jpgImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1405201605.449642.jpgImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1405201616.847409.jpgImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1405201625.841550.jpg

I went to Brazilian restaurant with friends, one retired recently. I started with a pomegranate mojito. I'll be full for quite awhile!

Last edited:
Three eggs, fried this morning. A large bowl of salad with half a grilled chicken breast chopped. Oh, and some jalapeno pepper and two Chile de arbol chile peppers finely chopped. Local stores don't carry it so I bought some when we were in an area that has a higher Hispanic population. Yeah, I like spicy stuff.

And a bowl of chocolate mint ice cream.

Back
Top Bottom