Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-03-2014, 03:01 PM   #601
Recycles dryer sheets

Sumatra coffee, half inch slice off the Pancette round, turkey egg chive scramble topped by a dollop of plain Greek yogurt broke the day's fast.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-03-2014, 05:15 PM   #602
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Breakfast: strawberries, Greek yogurt and a spoonful of muesli, washed down with two mugs of coffee with milk.

Lunch: tempura box and miso soup at a local Japanese restaurant. Yummy!

Old 06-03-2014, 05:17 PM   #603
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
Some crackers, an apple, a banana, and a four-egg omelet with diced ham and jalapeno peppers, finished off with cheddar cheese.
The omelet sounds reeeeaaally good. The fruit sounds just pretty good.
Old 06-03-2014, 07:48 PM   #604
Moderator Emeritus

Found some morels at the market and made some fresh fettuccine pasta with morel sauce for dinner.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:33 AM   #605
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Met with my nutrition coach and did my weigh in. Down another 1% body fat to 17.8%. Coach declared dinner tonight an official cheat meal - I could eat whatever I wanted in a 45 minute window. I went crazy.

California Summer Harvest Salad
Bison Meatloaf
Mashed potatoes
Peas

Dessert was a chocolate milkshake, with whipped cream and a piece of chocolate cake.

It was all marvelous.

I don't have any idea how many carbs that was, but it has to be more than the total of all the carbs I've eaten in the last two weeks.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:27 PM   #606
Recycles dryer sheets

What Did You Eat Today?

Back on WeightWatchers, but I refuse to subside on solely on prepackaged frankenfood:

Breakfast: Luna Bar + 1 C Rainier Cherries + White Tea

Mid-morning Snack: 1 Kozy Shack Tapioca

Lunch: Whole Wheat Bagel with Avocado, Light Cream Cheese, Onion, and Pea Sprouts

Mid-Afternoon Snack: Raw Snap Peas

Dinner: Cesaer Salad with Shrimp (homemade)

Dessert: 1 pkg (4) Snackwells'd Creme Cookies
Old 06-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #607
Give me a forum ...

A German Brat and sauerkraut in the public market.

Ha
Old 06-28-2014, 01:12 PM   #608
Give me a forum ...

Just came back from Costco, where I got a 5-lb bag of mussels.

Moules marinières is on the menu for dinner tonight. My mouth is watering already.

PS. Oops. I do not drink much white wine, and just discover I am out of a dry white bottle, suitable for cooking this dish. Need to go out again.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #609

Crackers and cheese for a wake-up snack, later a big salad with half a chopped-up grilled chicken breast in it. Dunno about dinner yet. Maybe just more salad - it's there and easy to set out.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:34 PM   #610

Grilled up some juicy burgers & brats on the Weber charcoal grill....mmmmmm! Afterwards, wife made some homemade chocolate chip cookies, to which I added a few crushed pecans.

“Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” - Edgar Bergen
martyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:47 PM   #611
Give me a forum ...

For breakfast I made an omelette with cherry tomatoes and feta cheese, which I enjoyed with coffee. I have just visited a local market garden and now have an amazing selection of really fresh vegetables. I think I will make a kale salad with garlic and mushrooms for lunch. Tonight I am going to a party where I know there will be something good to eat!
Old 06-28-2014, 02:13 PM   #612
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
Just came back from Costco, where I got a 5-lb bag of mussels.

Moules marinières is on the menu for dinner tonight. My mouth is watering already.

PS. Oops. I do not drink much white wine, and just discover I am out of a dry white bottle, suitable for cooking this dish. Need to go out again.
Was getting ready to go out when wife found a bottle of Chardonnay in another corner of the house. Hope it's not stale. Perhaps I should open it in advance to avoid last minute rush to get a replacement.

That 5-lb bag of mussels is going to be too much for 2, so just invited my sister and her husband over for dinner. That will give her a chance to tell me a bit about their recent month long trip through Vienna, some parts of Germany, and NYC.

Life is great when the only worry one has is whether his bottle of wine is still good.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:58 PM   #613

Had some family over for a beer, boats and brisket day. So I smoked a brisket, and had a few salads, chips, baked beans, and ice cream sandwiches.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:06 PM   #614
Give me a forum ...

So, we had the 5-lb of Moules yesterday. While the other 3 ate about 1lb each, I think I ate close to 2 lbs, not wanting to have left overs. I used perhaps 1-1/2 cups of wine, which was too much because the mussels also released quite a bit of juice. Hmmm... I wonder how much meat is in 2 lbs of mussels. Anyway, I did not die from indigestion, and in fact felt fine to have dessert later on. I will not have Moules marinières for a while though.

Being as frugal as we are, my wife saved the extra juice to me to put in my clam chowder today. The pot is cooling down on the stove top, and I will have that for lunch soon.

Life is great, even if outside it is 108F (42C). In a couple of days, I will be back up to the boonies home, basking in the cool high-country air, celebrating July 4th.

Did I already say that life is great?
Old 06-29-2014, 12:22 PM   #615
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadbh View Post
For breakfast I made an omelette with cherry tomatoes and feta cheese, which I enjoyed with coffee. I have just visited a local market garden and now have an amazing selection of really fresh vegetables. I think I will make a kale salad with garlic and mushrooms for lunch. Tonight I am going to a party where I know there will be something good to eat!
The party was awesome (Friends' DS is a professional chef).

This morning's breakfast was scrambled eggs with fresh basil, sausage, garnished with fresh raspberries, washed down with rhubarb tea.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:55 PM   #616

Fried eggs for breakfast, gym two hours later, salad for lunch (and a bowl of chocolate mint ice cream) grilled chicken off the grill later.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:51 PM   #617

Glass of Kefir (liquid yogurt) and homemade blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Trout and salad for dinner.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:20 PM   #618
Give me a forum ...

I am now sitting in front of a bowl of vegetable soup and under a ceiling fan, waiting for it to cool down a bit.

My wife has been out of town, leaving me to fend for myself. I looked in the fridges, and while no grocery shopping has been done in a week, there's still so much food. I found quite a bit of veggie past its prime, hence not good for a fresh salad. So, some carrots, celery stalks, potatoes, wilted tomatoes, zucchini, a slug of olive oil, some seasoning and a bouillon cube and I've got myself a pot of soup. A pot of soup in 100F+ weather? You betcha. I like soup.

Just now, stepped on the scale. Man, I am getting so lean and mean. No wonder I have to put on a belt even inside the home, as my shorts are feeling loose.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:26 PM   #619
Give me a forum ...

For breakfast I made a two egg omelette, using free range eggs (the yolks were so yellow!) with sliced tomato, diced fresh parsley, feta cheese and pesto, and a mug of pistachio cream tea.

I am finally getting the hang of making an omelette that doesn't stick to the pan!

Old 07-12-2014, 01:40 PM   #620
Give me a forum ...

I am sweating profusely despite the ceiling fan. Yes, I am finishing up the whole pot of veggie soup.

I am going to take a shower now to cool down.