What Did You Eat Today?

The other day I made nut butters out of some nuts we haven't been eating. I made peanut butter, almond butter, and pecan butter. They all had different strengths, so I mixed them all together. Not bad.

You just put the nuts in the food processor and turn it on, and after a while drizzle in some vegetable oil.

I used 10 slices of prosciutto and coated one side with grated Gruyere cheese, sprinkled a dash of cayenne and rolled them up. Baked them in the oven atop some cubed potatoes.

Then stood the prosciutto up on a plate where I had made a layer of Hoisin covered with a layer of maple syrup.

Dumped the potatoes beside my eggs over easy, and thick Texas toast dripping butter.

Not a bad snack.

So far, just a cup of coffee first thing this morning, then a salad at lunch time, washed down with about 1/2 a diet Dr. Pepper. Gonna oven-bake a big chicken breast for dinner. I'm down about 9 lbs right now. Woo hoo...only 41 lbs to go!

Breakfast: strawberries blueberries nuts yogurt
Lunch: broccoli and cauliflower
Supper: not sure - bacon mushroom omelet

Breakfast: oat cereal, banana, "whole" milk
Lunch: green salad with chicken, blue cheese dressing, milk
Snack: orange
[-]Supper[/-] Dinner: two hotdogs with a slice of jalapeno cheese, some dill relish, onion, and mustard; handful of tortilla chips, milk

Prepped lunch for the next few days: grass-fed Italian meatballs, with a tomato, pepper, onion, mushroom, garlic, thyme, oregano sauce thingy. Steamed asparagus.

Breakfast: oat cereal, banana, "whole" milk
Lunch: green salad with chicken, blue cheese dressing, milk
Snack: orange
[-]Supper[/-] Dinner: two hotdogs with a slice of jalapeno cheese, some dill relish, onion, and mustard; handful of tortilla chips, milk

Prepped lunch for the next few days: grass-fed Italian meatballs, with a tomato, pepper, onion, mushroom, garlic, thyme, oregano sauce thingy. Steamed asparagus.

Who woulda thunk Italian meatballs feed on grass? :confused:

I used 10 slices of prosciutto and coated one side with grated Gruyere cheese, sprinkled a dash of cayenne and rolled them up. Baked them in the oven atop some cubed potatoes.

Then stood the prosciutto up on a plate where I had made a layer of Hoisin covered with a layer of maple syrup.

Dumped the potatoes beside my eggs over easy, and thick Texas toast dripping butter.

Not a bad snack.
I tried to imagine the taste of prosciutto and Gruyere with Hoisin sauce and maple syrup, but just couldn't. I guess I would have to try this combination myself if I want to know what it tastes like.

Breakfast: 7-11 hot dogs 2 for $2.22 with Super Big Gulf
Lunch: Roast Beef sandwich from Roach-Coach truck
Dinner: Chicken wings and 5 bottles of beer at the pub

This is exactly my diet while in college. USC, 1973-75 for Masters in some engineering stuff, oh yeah, aerospace. Just the perfect diet for studying.

Just another one of you elitist pencil-necked organic food eating vegans. :)

Ha

Breakfast: freshly juiced fruits & vegetables
Lunch: homemade watercress soup
Dinner: probably braised pork with steamed potatoes.

DH...(while running in and out of the house).....I need another plate...
smiley-scared002.gif
....I have to make sure the potatoes aren't burning...
smiley-scared002.gif
....I need an oven mitt..
smiley-scared002.gif
....I'm thirsty.....
smiley-scared002.gif
....the pan is too hot, I need another oven mitt...
smiley-scared002.gif
.....open the door for me, it's ready!...
smiley-scared002.gif

We sat down and began to eat. I didn't mention the potatoes were on the crunchy side, but he did see my expression when I took a bite of the fish. It wasn't cooked thoroughly... Fortunately he took a bite and agreed. Then the process started all over again....:LOL:

Ahhh....but supper ended up being good after all.....:)

Your emoticons remind me of my DW in the kitchen.............:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Kitchen remodel in progress, countertop, backsplash, floors. Takeout Pizza.

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs & 1/2 of a diet Cherry Dr. Pepper

Lunch: Meatballs simmered in pasta sauce & a few jalapeno slices. Turns out I used too many jalapeno slices.

Dinner: Gonna oven bake some chicken drumsticks with Tony Cachere's, & some boiled cabbage, I think.

lol,,,you're eating like I did until recently. Got to make some serious changes now, though. You're really making me hungry....:angel:

Breakfast boiled egg
Lunch - Checker's hot dog mustard only ( my real weakness )
Dinner - Boneless pork in a lemon thyme sauce with sauteed zucchini .

I have been trying recipes from Glorious One Pot Meals, a book full of recipes for quick cook, Dutch-oven meals. Chicken Satay a week ago was great, tonight was chicken with red curry and coconut milk and that was so so.

Who woulda thunk Italian meatballs feed on grass? :confused:

You jest, but they were scrumptious, grass-fed notwithstanding. :cool:

One pound of ground beef, one egg, 0.5c bread crumbs, seasoned with garlic and onion powder, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix, and form into [fat pitch] balls. [/fat pitch]

For sauce, saute some onion, bell pepper, garlic, onion, and mushrooms in olive oil, until translucent. Add canned, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, then add the meatballs, simmering and turning until the meatballs are done.

Grass optional...

BKFST: Strawberry banana yogurt with whipped cream on top :D
SNACK 1: 6 small chocolate covered pretzels from the Mennonite Country Kitchen in Lairdsville NY, visited on the monthly low cost high quality cold cut and cheese stock-up run
SNACK 2: 3 pints of Coors Lite at the Legion :LOL:
DINNER: 1 of the last 2 servings of frozen homemade lasagna (circa Nov 2010) and sauce, half of a small sub roll toasted as garlic bread.
DESSERT: 1 nice cold bottle of St Pauli Girl brewski

One pound of ground beef, one egg, 0.5c bread crumbs, seasoned with garlic and onion powder, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix, and form into [fat pitch] balls. [/fat pitch]

For sauce, saute some onion, bell pepper, garlic, onion, and mushrooms in olive oil, until translucent. Add canned, diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, then add the meatballs, simmering and turning until the meatballs are done.

Grass optional...

Well, my meatballs feed on corn, I believe.;) They get baked or fried before taking a swim in the sauce.

Grass optional...
Meat.

Balls.

Count me in.

:cool:

Well, my meatballs feed on corn, I believe.;) They get baked or fried before taking a swim in the sauce.

I skipped that step [-]because I'm lazy[/-] to save time, and to impart some meatball goodness into the sauce.

Meat.

Balls.

Count me in.

:cool:

It's a f***ing home run! (Bonus points: Name that movie)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom