Old 07-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #201
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

So far...

Brkfst: 5 oz oatmeal with some raisins.
Lunch: Tomato soup with saltine crackers
Dinner: TBD

“Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” - Edgar Bergen
martyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #202
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering Creek
Left over Steak, boiled shrimp cocktail and baked potato for lunch.

Sippin a Shiner Black Lager now (is that eating?)

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx

In dire need of: faster horses, younger woman, older whiskey, more money.
mickeyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #203
Give me a forum ...

Cheese omelet for b'fast. Bratwurst and cold sauerkraut for lunch. Codfish dredged in ground chili powder and sautéed with salad and green beans for dinner.

Ha
Old 07-07-2011, 08:19 PM   #204
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
Cheese omelet for b'fast. Bratwurst and cold sauerkraut for lunch. Codfish dredged in ground chili powder and sautéed with salad and green beans for dinner.

Ha
Wouldn't dredging in chili powder completely overpower the taste of the fish? Or is it mixed with flour or something? Always looking for new ways to cook my favorite proteins.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #205
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
Wouldn't dredging in chili powder completely overpower the taste of the fish? Or is it mixed with flour or something? Always looking for new ways to cook my favorite proteins.
Well, I eat cod all the time, so kind of spicing it up sometimes is OK with me. In any case, I find it good. This was previously frozen, if it was really good looking fresh cod I would likely have just cooked it in butter with maybe some onions and garlic and parsley. I treat lots of fish with this Pennzy's medium chili powder. Especially good with tuna or mackeral. Run of the mill fish like snapper (up here this is actually rockfish) is really good this way too. I used to live out on the coast and skin/scuba dive. This same black rockfish straight out of the water is unbelievably good, but once it has found it's way here it is more mundane.

Ha
Old 07-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #206
Give me a forum ...

This was yesterday, but....

Breakfast: Greek yogurt with a few chopped strawberries and a spoon of granola, and a mug of hazelnut flavour coffee with milk.

Business lunch al fresco at a restaurant. Spinach salad with pecans, goat cheese and chicken, with raspberry vinaigrette, and a Pellegrino with lemon.

Dinner: Grilled wild salmon, grilled stuffed Portobello mushroom, steamed asparagus, slice of garlic bread, and a glass of local Pinot Gris.

All in all, delicious and healthy.
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #207

Western Omelette (big one) (ham, cheese, tomato, grilled onions, jalapenos), home fries, wheat toast w/margarine, iced tea (unsweet).

Cinnamon bun & coffee (for a snack a couple hrs after the aforementioned meal)

That's all...so far.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #208
Give me a forum ...

2 mugs of decaf coffee, 1 can of Ensure Plus, and a small bowl of freshly picked blackberries.
Dinner will be meatball subs with lots of melted mozzerella cheese. Gotta get my daily calcium intake.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #209

Nobody ate "out of date" eggs. So disappointing.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyb View Post
Western Omelette (big one) (ham, cheese, tomato, grilled onions, jalapenos), home fries, wheat toast w/margarine, iced tea (unsweet).

Cinnamon bun & coffee (for a snack a couple hrs after the aforementioned meal)

That's all...so far.
Edit: For dinner: Homemade chicken pot pie & some lima beans. Diet 7-Up.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:43 PM   #211

Today I had BBQ ribs and Ben&Jerry chocolate ice cream.
Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
obgyn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #212

DW and I put 2 Porterhouse steaks on the BBQ along with Corn on the cob. Oh yeah, DW also made a great salad. Made some soda water with my Soda Stream machine.

You guys gotta buy one of those Soda Stream Machines. Take a look at the stock SODA, what a move but as usual I didn't have any.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #213
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73ss454 View Post
DW and I put 2 Porterhouse steaks on the BBQ along with Corn on the cob. Oh yeah, DW also made a great salad. Made some soda water with my Soda Stream machine.

You guys gotta buy one of those Soda Stream Machines. Take a look at the stock SODA, what a move but as usual I didn't have any.
I've been looking at them, but I'm not sure if I want to get locked into a proprietary refill and delivery scheme. Any experiences with that part? I'd just be making soda water, no flavors.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
I've been looking at them, but I'm not sure if I want to get locked into a proprietary refill and delivery scheme. Any experiences with that part? I'd just be making soda water, no flavors.
We bought ours at the end of last year and just love it. We only use the soda water with no flavors also. It's a lot cheaper than buying soda water at the grocery store and no bottles to lug around or recycle. 15 bucks for a refill and it lasts quite a while.

I don't think you'll regret the purchase, we love ours.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #215
Give me a forum ...

I just had some flax seed meal bread soaked in DeCecco extra virgin olive oil, and it was "wow, wow" good.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #216
Give me a forum ...

Salad, king salmon and green beans.

August is when I go to the fish dept and everything looks so fat and fresh that I feel bad that I cannot eat it all.

Ha
Old 08-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #217
Moderator Emeritus

After working out at the gym, we decided to try a new restaurant that has only been open a few months. It is located in an out-of-the-way industrial area that's mostly vacant and we only discovered it by chance. Each of us ate half a sandwich, called "California Dreaming": grilled chicken, lettuce, fresh tomato, onion, alfalfa sprouts, and avocado, on a rich, heavy German bread. As a substitute for the fries that come with it, I got a cup of turtle soup. It was still early afternoon, so we both chose Diet Coke to drink.

Cost was $12 each including tip, and we each had half a sandwich to take home. We'll definitely return to this restaurant, and maybe split a sandwich between us next time. That would reduce the bill to $7 each including the tip.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #218
Give me a forum ...

Roast beef, carrots, onions, potatoes, a bit of garlic, gravy and rolls tonight. DH inhaled his supper. I love to watch people enjoy the food I cook.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #219
Moderator Emeritus

For dinner, goat cheese soufflé on a bed of greens with a slice of homemade bread and a glass of white wine. Homemade cherry clafouti for dessert.
FIREd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #220
Give me a forum ...

DH wanted salmon tonight...so salmon it is. I have it marinating in maple syrup, apple juice, soy sauce, minced garlic and onion. Gonna have some fresh asparagus and some other veggie...TBD. I'm going to eat some salmon even though I don't care for it.

I think if I drink a glass of Chardonnay before I eat, the fish will taste better.