Join Early Retirement Today

Old 07-30-2014, 07:07 AM   #681
Full time employment: Posting here.

Bacon, three eggs over easy, half of an avocado, almond milk - my typical breakfast but sometimes the avocado is replaced with other fruit/veggies. Gave up coffee about 6 weeks ago and don't miss it at all but that might change during the cool weather months.
Lakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #682
Moderator Emeritus

I made some pizza for dinner (pancetta, arugula, goat cheese):
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4401.jpg (638.7 KB, 27 views)
FIREd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:33 PM   #683
Recycles dryer sheets

Goat cheese? *shudder*

Other than that, looks delicious!
Sea Kayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 10:27 PM   #684
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Goat cheese, aragula? Mmm, must try this!
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
What Did You Eat Today?
Old 09-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #685
Give me a forum ...

What Did You Eat Today?

Please ignore. I posted an Eagles tune in the wrong thread.

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 06:14 AM   #686
Full time employment: Posting here.

Taking a break from my diet, so everything deep fried.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Moscyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 05:39 PM   #687
Give me a forum ...

coffee and a fiber pill

banana, half a granola bar and milk

salad with grilled chicken, grated Parmesan, spinach, kale, tomato, egg, olives, cucumbers and cilantro.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:29 PM   #688

Breakfast was an orange and a banana. Then off to the gym & other errands.

Then came the evil diet. Baked potato, flooded with butter, melted shredded cheddar cheese, and a huge amount of cream cheese on top. If I'd had them I would have put bacon bits on too but we're out.

I don't get to do that often but some days ya just have to.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #689
Give me a forum ...

T minus 5 minutes until Mr B and I sink our fangs into this beauty.

Sausage and pepperoni pizza with lots of olive oil and basil sprinkled over it, thin crust. I use frozen pizza dough that comes in 12 inch rounds fron a local bakery. Sprinkle both sides with flour, and allow it to defrost for 1.5 hours with the plastic bag over top of it.

Authentic NY style pizza !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PizzaDec2014.jpg (555.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 12-09-2014, 07:52 PM   #690
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyman View Post
Please ignore. I posted an Eagles tune in the wrong thread.

Is there ever a wrong thread for an Eagles tune?
Old 12-09-2014, 08:05 PM   #691
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

For lunch, I went to a little, hole-in-the-wall cantina for some awesome home-made enchiladas and some freshly roasted poblano peppers. And munched on some crispy, dried red chili peppers while I waited. Delicioso!!!

Then, before I left for lunch, I started a big batch of my home-made chili in the Crockpot for supper tonight. And I baked a pan of cornbread this afternoon to go with it.

My taste buds have been having a day-long fiesta!!!
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 07:03 PM   #692
Give me a forum ...

We just had some mahogany steamed clams for dinner.

A local grocery store had these clams on sale, and I brought home a 5-lb bag thinking that it was plenty for 2 of us. Wrong! It's the first time I have these clams, and their shell is so thick and heavy that I think we got perhaps 0.5-lb of meat out of them.

So, being not filled up and seeing that the clams released quite a bit of juice - we put them in the pot without any liquid and end up with more than 2 cups of juice - I decide to make a chowder with that juice. Of course I will have to "fortify" that with some canned clams, which I happen to have in my pantry.

The 2nd course of dinner will resume in an hour.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:49 PM   #693
Give me a forum ...

Went into town and visited the local fishmonger. Scored some local oysters for grilling tonight, and get this, some sturgeon fillet! I have had sturgeon only one time, and that was in a restaurant in downtown Portland many years ago. It was the best fish I ever had. So my eyes lit up when I spotted that fresh piece of sturgeon in the glass case.

I do not have my usual assortment of herb and spices here as I do at home, but will try not to mess this up cooking it tonight at this timeshare. It's going to be good.

"Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities Can Make You Commit Atrocities" - Voltaire (1694-1778)
Old 08-17-2015, 07:18 PM   #694
Give me a forum ...

I just finished grilling some pork chops Portuguese style, and am letting them rest.

I am too lazy to take my own photos, so here's a photo found on the Web to link in. Mine look just like that. I am eating it with rice and a side salad. Yummy!

Old 08-29-2015, 05:03 PM   #695
Give me a forum ...

My wife asks earlier "What you'd like for dinner?".

Me, "I dunno. What meat do we have?".

Well, we have lots of meat that she squirrels in the freezer. What I mean to ask is what looks oldest.

Out comes a big beef roast. Looks a bit freezer burn. I guess a stew would be good. Beef bourguignon? Well, no pearl onion, no mushroom.

Thought about driving to the grocery store, but in this 107F heat? Nah. Let's call it beef stew with red wine. The carrot and celery will have to substitute for the mushroom.

The whole house smells good. Dinner in about 2 hours. Eating stew in this heat? Sure. Just have the fan on a higher speed.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:11 PM   #696
Recycles dryer sheets

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1440889850.978836.jpg

Having a cold plate here. The meat pictured looks so good NW.
Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 05:43 PM   #697
Give me a forum ...

The salad is certainly lower calorie than my meal. But at a BMI of 23.5, I can still chow down on heavy stuff.

Yes, the Portuguese grilled pork looks very appetizing because of the paprika. The visual appeal was what first turned me on to this dish. And the lemon in the marinade makes your mouth water when you bite into it.

There are many ways to do pork chops; life is short so I always look out for new ways to do the same cut of meat. Here's the youtube video where I learned this dish. The difference is I marinade the meat in the sauce overnight in the fridge before grilling. Everybody to whom I serve this likes it.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:46 PM   #698
Moderator Emeritus

Seeing I am on a low carb diet, I had a bacon ranch salad at Mickey D'd with DD and a water. Nice seeing DD on a Saturday afternoon.

Tonight? I'm not sure but maybe grilled chicken and steamed broccoli. Water with meals, no booze, potatoes, chocolate cake, ice cream, other goodies.

15 more pounds to go to get back to my fighting weight. Will need all new clothes or maybe dig deep in the closet.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:59 PM   #699
Recycles dryer sheets

Too hot and muggy tonight. No way we were turning on oven or even stove top. Made salads with 3 diff types of lettuce, hard boiled eggs, avacodo, shredded chicken from fridge, peppers and tomatoes from the garden, carrots, dried cherries, walnuts, cucumbers from farm mkt, and goat cheese with a cherry balsamic vinegar dressing.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
twolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:46 PM   #700
Give me a forum ...

I recommend the Prime Rib Cobb Salad at Denny's. Yes, Denny's.

We split this today, and we've had it 3-4 times in the past. The prime rib pieces are hot, tender, and well spiced.

This sounds like a spam post, but I'm TromboneAl, and I approved this message.