Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-04-2017, 09:32 AM   #221
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Breakfast was steel cut oats with banana, blueberries and strawberries.

We went out for lunch. I had a lamb gyro and DW fish and chips. A little odd, but most of the restaurants in town use salmon for the fish. Surprisingly good!

Dinner was a spatchcocked chicken. A little potato with roasted garlic. We'll have chicken salad for lunches for a while.
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2017, 11:25 AM   #222
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

After Mass, went to the bakery. I picked up 3 large Napoleons. Instead of a Kcup coffee, these things were screaming for a pot of coffee. So far 2 Napoleons about 4 mugs of coffee(1 sugar, and half and half). Its 125 PM and it doesn't look like lunch will be happening today, Mom is not happy, Ill stay on the couch with her..
Withdrawal Rate currently zero, Pension 137 % of our spending, Wasted 5 years of my prime working extra for a safe withdrawal rate. I can live like a King for a year, or a Prince for the rest of my life. I will stay on topic, I will stay on topic, I will stay on topic
Blue Collar Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:15 PM   #223

Breakfast was a bowl of frozen berries nuked for a few minutes to warm them up and then a squirt of whipped cream. Okay, I buried them in whipped cream. A few hours later a half dozen or so Doritos. Those things are evil. Lunch was a salad with Italian dressing, some chopped chicken and ham and grated cheddar cheese. There was a little of the green stuff peeking out from the ham and cheese.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:40 PM   #224

Didn't roll out of bed till noon, my son and his girlfriend were making deep fried Twinkie's and Oreo's. So a mug of coffee and deep fried stuff for breakfast.
No, this is not a regular occurrence but sometimes you need to go with the flow.
Just_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
........ Lunch was a salad with Italian dressing, some chopped chicken and ham and grated cheddar cheese. There was a little of the green stuff peeking out from the ham and cheese.
Thats my kind of salad. I think the first time I ever ate a chefs salad I was about 35 years old. I didnt know what is was. But we were in a diner and everyone was eating light. So I ordered a chefs salad-a large one. with blue cheese dressing. Well It came out in a bowl the size of a soup tureen, it must have had a pound of cold cuts & meats, another few ounces of cheeses. I was in my glory. Now thats a salad.
Withdrawal Rate currently zero, Pension 137 % of our spending, Wasted 5 years of my prime working extra for a safe withdrawal rate. I can live like a King for a year, or a Prince for the rest of my life. I will stay on topic, I will stay on topic, I will stay on topic
Old 09-04-2017, 12:47 PM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Collar Guy View Post
Thats my kind of salad. I think the first time I ever ate a chefs salad I was about 35 years old. I didnt know what is was. But we were in a diner and everyone was eating light. So I ordered a chefs salad-a large one. with blue cheese dressing. Well It came out in a bowl the size of a soup tureen, it must have had a pound of cold cuts & meats, another few ounces of cheeses. I was in my glory. Now thats a salad.
euro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:57 PM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Collar Guy View Post
So I ordered a chefs salad-a large one. with blue cheese dressing. Well It came out in a bowl the size of a soup tureen, it must have had a pound of cold cuts & meats, another few ounces of cheeses. I was in my glory. Now thats a salad.
Yes indeedy!

Normally I don't like traffic, big cities, and crowded places but you make it sound like a trip to NYC might be worth the hassle for a salad like that!
Old 09-04-2017, 01:26 PM   #228
Give me a forum ...

Heading out to sushi bar for lunch, making bacon wrapped large sea scallops on the barbee for supper.

It's Labor Day and one must grill something on Labor Day -
RobbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:25 PM   #229
Give me a forum ...

One cup of coffee with sugar free creamer for breakfast.

Lunch was a cup of tomato basil soup, which came with a piece of Texas toast on the side. Just water to drink.

That wasn't very filling but that's life. Haven't decided what to have for dinner.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 02:56 PM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
One cup of coffee with sugar free creamer for breakfast.

Lunch was a cup of tomato basil soup, which came with a piece of Texas toast on the side. Just water to drink.

That wasn't very filling but that's life. Haven't decided what to have for dinner.
I lost a pound just reading about this lack of calories.
Old 09-04-2017, 06:25 PM   #231

Yesterday when I picked up the BD cake for mom at Sam's, they had a food vendor with sushi. Wow, if I didn't have shrimp and filet planned for the afternoon, I could have eaten their sushi selections all day. I shall return......
Winemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:32 PM   #232
Full time employment: Posting here.

Breakfast was a Coffee Nip. DH had one of his awesome smoothies.

Lunch: salad (spring mix greens, grilled rib eye steak and onion, bleu cheese, yellow tomatoes)

Supper: a NY Times recipe: salmon with cilantro sauce, side of rice/green peas.
We do not plan to repeat the recipe. I think the garlic clove I used was a tad too large.
ohyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 07:51 PM   #233
Moderator Emeritus

Breakfast: buttered toast + tea
Lunch: grilled chicken, roasted potatoes, stir fried zucchini, then key lime pie
Dinner: fruit smoothie
FIREd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:33 PM   #234
Give me a forum ...

Today was fun.

Breakfast was Steel cut oatmeal, banana, blueberries, and strawberries.

After lifting at the gym we went to a little hole in the wall Mexican place. I had green pork chille. DW a beef burrito.(I'm still teaching her)

Both were amazingly good.

Tonight I made red chille! Haha. Spicy red beef and pork chille with spicy beans!

Tomorrow may be fun?
MRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:29 PM   #235

Breakfast: coffee, crackers, and cheese

Lunch: oatmeal, dried fruit, orange juice

Snack: sherbet

Dinner: pasta fortified with tofu and cheese

Snack: homemade granola bites
gayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:05 AM   #236
Give me a forum ...

Last night I had a fridge clearout. I made a curry with assorted vegetables, quinoa and shrimp, and homemade vegetable stock. I toasted my spices first. Made things up as I went along. Fish sauce? Why not? Coconut milk? Sounds good! Taste and adjust. The result was awesome! Cost about $5 and there are leftovers for tonight's dinner.

For breakfast, I threw a few leftover shrimp into a pan and made a shrimp and basil omelette. It was to die for! I enjoyed it with a slice of "best ever" banana bread (with a few chunks of chocolate in the batter). And coffee, of course. Organic coffee beans.
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 08:45 PM   #237
Give me a forum ...

This morning I made pumpkin scones with cranberries. They turned out great! I had two with my coffee. I skipped lunch. For dinner, I improvised and made a kidney beans and rice casserole with jalapeņo and sweet peppers, prosciutto, tomatoes, onions, garlic, beef stock, cilantro, basil and various other things. It’s awesome! Several dinners covered. Very LBYM too. But I will probably be farting all night.
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:17 PM   #238

We had scrambled eggs and sausage for breakfast,
leftover fried chicken and potato salad for lunch,
and for dinner- well, I had planned one of our occasional "Friday night happy hours" We live in the middle of nowhere, and there is nowhere to get together with our friends so every once in a while we invite everyone over. Tonight we served salami and cheese and crackers, grilled steak, shrimp, and sausage, salad, loaded mashed potatoes, and pineapple upside down cake. We don't normally serve everyone dinner- usually everyone stays for an hour or two and goes home to their own dinner, but we hadn't had it in a while so...
Old 09-29-2017, 09:23 PM   #239
Give me a forum ...

Beef & veggie Lumpia for lunch and Calamari Dore for supper.
RobbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:34 PM   #240
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugeauxgirl View Post
We had scrambled eggs and sausage for breakfast,
leftover fried chicken and potato salad for lunch,
and for dinner- well, I had planned one of our occasional "Friday night happy hours" We live in the middle of nowhere, and there is nowhere to get together with our friends so every once in a while we invite everyone over. Tonight we served salami and cheese and crackers, grilled steak, shrimp, and sausage, salad, loaded mashed potatoes, and pineapple upside down cake. We don't normally serve everyone dinner- usually everyone stays for an hour or two and goes home to their own dinner, but we hadn't had it in a while so...
That sounds like you had a great time! Nothing like getting together with friends!