What do you audiophiles think about Pono music?

Hello ERD50,

I actually hear the difference almost every week. I really enjoy listening to music in my theater room that was built by the designer with me in mind, meaning, he listened to my music quite a bit before he started designing it and then he kept me in mind when picking out all the equipment. I can play the same cd that I purchased on sacd and I am still amazed at the difference. Remember, there are additional speakers that are being used on the sacd that don't even exist on the cd. They are not overpowering, just enough to really fill out the room.

Hello ERD50,

I actually hear the difference almost every week. I really enjoy listening to music in my theater room that was built by the designer with me in mind, meaning, he listened to my music quite a bit before he started designing it and then he kept me in mind when picking out all the equipment. I can play the same cd that I purchased on sacd and I am still amazed at the difference. Remember, there are additional speakers that are being used on the sacd that don't even exist on the cd. They are not overpowering, just enough to really fill out the room.

Ahhh, if you are comparing multi-channel SACD to 2 channel CD, then I don't doubt that you (or I) would hear a difference. I was really focused on the higher bit depth/rate, as in the PONO player, and 2-channel versus 2-channel.

-ERD50

Ah....and I do agree with you regarding 2 channel CD vs. 2 channel SACD, you have to really know the music you are listening to in order to hear a slight difference...

I can hear the sscd vs cd difference in my system. It isnt very subtle. Tho not as freakin' obvious as the step from high quality mp3 to cd.

I noticed in the early 90s that CD sound seemed to be worse than earlier CDs. I have an excellent McIntosh stereo with a very good Thorens turntable so I have, as much as possible, stayed with analog sound. I love the fact that vinyl is coming back. My 42 year old amplifier and pre-amp have been worked over by McIntosh and brought back to original specs. Also had the speakers re-foamed.

I noticed in the early 90s that CD sound seemed to be worse than earlier CDs. I have an excellent McIntosh stereo with a very good Thorens turntable so I have, as much as possible, stayed with analog sound. I love the fact that vinyl is coming back. My 42 year old amplifier and pre-amp have been worked over by McIntosh and brought back to original specs. Also had the speakers re-foamed.

I had MC 2105, C-28, MR 78, JBL L65 and or JBL L100, Thorens but don't remember the model number. My brother was working at a stereo shop, bought them at discount. Do you frequent audioaficionado.org? They love McIntosh there.

Gigaom just did a review on a new Sony Walkman, the guy seems to like it a lot, it can play high resolution 24/192 in addition to 16/44.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I had MC 2105, C-28, MR 78, JBL L65 and or JBL L100, Thorens but don't remember the model number. My brother was working at a stereo shop, bought them at discount. Do you frequent audioaficionado.org? They love McIntosh there.

Gigaom just did a review on a new Sony Walkman, the guy seems to like it a lot, it can play high resolution 24/192 in addition to 16/44.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
I have Mc2100 amp, C-28 preamp and ML-1C speakers. The whole setup cost $1500 in 1972. Also use a SACD CD player, a Grace Internet tuner, and an Audio Control equalizer. I do occasionally go to the audio aficionado web site but not very often.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom