Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbamI View Post
No saki?
Well, I prefer to eat my calories, not drink them

Sometimes saki, but not often

ta,
mew

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2009, 11:53 AM   #62
Recycles dryer sheets

It's funny that several of you have mentioned Whole Foods as a splurge item.
When I was deployed one day I was sitting around with another guy just BS'g. I mentioned how I like Whole Foods in Colorado Springs, and he called it "Whole Paycheck." But man - that's the nicest Whole Foods around. I've never been to another that nice. When I was living there, that was definitely a place that I went to splurge - I'd rather go there and get some things and take them home than eat out!

Old 07-25-2009, 12:33 PM   #63
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginia View Post
It's funny that several of you have mentioned Whole Foods as a splurge item.
When I was deployed one day I was sitting around with another guy just BS'g. I mentioned how I like Whole Foods in Colorado Springs, and he called it "Whole Paycheck." But man - that's the nicest Whole Foods around. I've never been to another that nice. When I was living there, that was definitely a place that I went to splurge - I'd rather go there and get some things and take them home than eat out!
If you are ever in Austin, visit their flagship store at 6th and Lamar. More than a grocery store, it is a cultural event. I love going there, and often go twice a day.

There was a time when Austinites referred to Whole Foods as Whole Floods. They got more than four feet of water in their original store during a spring flood in the early 80s and had the waterline prominently (and whimsically) painted at the entrance.

At the time, there was a Volkswagon dealership and a music store near them. When the waters receded, there were grand pianos and Volkswagons piled again bridge abutments downstream.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #64
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndependentlyPoor View Post
If you are ever in Austin, visit their flagship store at 6th and Lamar. More than a grocery store, it is a cultural event. I love going there, and often go twice a day.
I'm beginning to understand the source of your user name...

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #65
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisinthru View Post
I would say travel is our big expenditure. We take several trips a year. We are off tomorrow for two weeks in NM to escape the heat in TX. We spent a week in New Orleans in June, didn't manage to escape the heat there....In September we are off to Europe for three weeks. We have four cruises planned to the caribean in Jan. and Feb. to escape the cold.

We live very cheaply when at home. We don't eat out a bunch or buy a lot of consumer goods. My husband is in to photography so he buys camera equipment. I don't spend much on clothing, but I do buy good clothing when I make a purchase.
I think your life might be much cheaper if you lived somewhere that didn't require so many esapes.

Ha
Old 07-25-2009, 12:55 PM   #66
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

You tell 'em, Ha!

When I hit 70, it hit back

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension
REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #67
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Judging from my normal credit card statement, I spend my money in the following order: sizeable grocery bills(for one person, I must be a glutton), gas, gym membership, bookstore, clothes, liquor store. I carry cash for restaurant meals and hairdresser.