What do you think of artificial beef?

Didn't we have another thread just like this?

A dead cloned clown lies in the desert. One vulture says to the other "Does this taste funny to you?"

good comments and lots of laughs. glad to see we still have a sense of humor.

I'm going to clone myself, and have the clone eat the cloned beef, and see what it does to him.

If you fear a risk, it is most likely your clone will just say "Hey, you go first!".

...being genetically identical might actually enhance food safety since people have already eaten the clones' forbears without ill effects.

I would want to do an A/B test to see if the two steaks taste any different. Give me both for the price of one, and I would gladly take the offer.

Last edited:
I would want to do an A/B test to see if the two steaks taste any different. Give me both for the price of one, and I would gladly take the offer.

"I'll gladly pay you Twos-day for a cloneburger today"?

:hide:

-ERD50

I saw on tv last night, some researchers were going to clone beef. I saw that they had different people on there saying how they would and wouldn't eat man made beef. What do you think of the idea? what's next?

This is what's next:

Test-Tube meat could replace farm grown beef

A Dutch scientist is using stem cells from cattle muscle tissue to create a burger in a lab.

From the link posted by T-Al:

A Dutch scientist is using stem cells from cattle muscle tissue to create a burger in a lab.
And he told a conference of the American Association for the Advancement of Science he aims to unveil the first one by October.
The scientist estimates the first burger will cost $330,000 to make.

I dunno. Not a cheap burger. Besides it may not taste that good, and may look too scary to eat.

I would be more excited about researchers trying to grow new human organs, like kidneys, livers, etc... I can use a tooth or two myself, if they can get them to grow right from my jaw.

There are 2 different things.

What the OP first discussed was cloning of an animal. I believe that the embryo would be grown as a fetus, then raised as any normal animal after birth.

The article that T-Al posted talked of growing beef tissue from a Petri dish using stem cells. This beef tissue is not connected to any animal.

Last edited:
What was that sci fi story in which everyone was fed from this big mass of chicken tissue (called Chicken Little)?

If it tasted good and looked ok, I'd eat it.

Sure, it sounds a little gross. But the idea of throwing a bunch of animal left overs into a hot dog sounds a little gross too, and I eat those now and then. Just a matter of familiarity I think.

I am not a big fan of artificial/cloned beef. I think that eventually it will be detrimental to us because it is unnatural.

Fascinating comment. What does it mean?

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom