What Exercise Did (Are) You Do(ing) Today

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm coming out of my Minnesota burrow today - 50's!
Getting the bike prepped and taking off on my first ride of the year - bright sunny day, wind blowing through where my hair was, fresh air...I feel like doing a snoopy goofy dance...

Considering that 1) Baby is 4 days past its due date; and 2) I can barely bend over to tie my shoes :( ...I'm doing nothing but putting my feet up! :-*

I plan on doing the horizontal trot later on today. :)

Just got back from a 'Life Fit' class led by a physical therapist. No hip-hop or knee pounding moves, more like yoga and pilates. Been doing this 2-3 times a week for a couple months, family says they can see a difference in my flexability, posture and strength.

Participants are typically older adults or folks with a history of knee, back problems.

I did my 1.5 mile swim this morning. I do this three times a week in the indoor pool here in our community. I do the swim as a continuous freestyle with flip turns. Takes me about 50 minutes. Yesterday I walked four miles on the nature path/walking/biking trail here (weather was sunny & 65 degrees). This takes me just over 1 hour. I try to walk three days a week (weather permitting). We have nice treadmills in the fitness center here but I find them too boring. I have been doing the swimming for nearly 30 years. Used to compete in Masters swim meets but now I just swim for the exercise. I started walking when my back problems forced me to give up riding my bike about 10 years ago. Until then I was biking 125 miles a week. I really miss the bike.

Grumpy

cube_rat said:
I plan on doing the horizontal trot later on today.  :)

Can't say I plan to, but I definitely hope to.  :)

Ha

exercise this afternoon was digging about 20 holes while i continue to plant a 35 foot tall bamboo hedge to protect against encroaching minimansions. tonight swim laps either at gym or swimming hall of fame, probably i should shower first. i don't do flip turns because they make me sea sick. i can do them in a race but then i have to throw up. so i can do an old fashioned roller coaster but any amusement ride that turns me upside down, um, you don't wanna be near that.

also i enjoy the road bike, mountain bike and working out. i'm single. i have to.

Normally I do an exercise class but once a week I take the 'blow out the pipes' approach and run on the treadmill for 3 miles, do some elliptical cross-country-ski style machine for 15 minutes and then go stretch out in the sauna for 15 minutes. Sweat buckets and just have to remember to drink Gatorade or something after that to keep from getting dehydrated. (plain water won't cut it -- end up with a headache at 3 pm for lack of electrolytes).

Saw a surprisingly large number of Dads down there at the Y today... :D

Started a new project to paint the exterior trim on the house. Only worked a couple of hours since I didn't get started until around 1:00 and the temp. was in the mid-90's. :(

Gives an entirely new meaning to the term "brush stroke". :p

Went to the gym after dropping off jr at pre-k. Today was "leg day" so I did some squats, leg presses, calf raises and 20 minutes on the treadmill. I'm gonna pay for that tomorrow.  :p

50 minute walk that includes lots of hills! No weights today (that was yesterday) and yoga is tomorrow.

Today was weekend mode. Walk dog for 1 mile (all the vet will let him walk because of arthritis), then back to the house to drop him off and finish with 2 mile run. If it's raining or winter it's 3 to 4 miles on the treadmill. Three days a week it's another 45 min on the Bowflex. In nice weather I might go for a bike ride later on or another walk with my neighbors dog.

Week days is a 2 to 3 mile run (treadmill in winter) after work and then work on the Bowflex if it's scheduled for that day. Once a week I try to mix that up with a 10 mile bike ride or rollerblading.

I also go for walks around Boston on my lunch hour, sometimes walk the Esplanade and I bowl once a week.

I figure when I retire I'll join a gym but right now I don't want to give up that time at home.

I have a routine I do 5 days a week, but on Mon, Wed, Fri I do some extra stuff too. The daily stuff includes some stretching exercises, I use an ab roller and do 150 crunches in various configurations, 30 push-ups, several isometric exercises and then walk out to the canals, run a mile and walk back (2 miles round trip). Because it's Friday, I augment this with several spring exercises and I'll take a 5 mile hike this evening. :)

Okay, tomorrow I start my weekend with 90 minutes of straight cardio. A 5 mile run on the treadmill with a 2.5 on the ellipitical machine or spinning. Then it's weights. Little muscles, big muscles. During the work week.. running on my treadmill at home for 50-60 minutes along with light weight training. Rinse, later, repeat... :p

I am getting fat and lazy but thanks, Dan Tien because when I saw this thread, I started doing kegels.   ::)  They're all I have the energy for today.  :yawn:

flipstress said:
I am getting fat and lazy but thanks, Dan Tien because when I saw this thread, I started doing kegels. ::) They're all I have the energy for today. :yawn:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Now this answer wins the funniest response today! Nords Van Halen post in Freaky Friday Music is a close second!

None

Started some yard work - but luckily it's begun to rain. 10 lbs overweight(from the cruise) - eating beans and rice with French Bread and lots of butter.

Perhaps someday. Not today.

flipstress said:
I am getting fat and lazy but thanks, Dan Tien because when I saw this thread, I started doing kegels. ::) They're all I have the energy for today. :yawn:
as I remember this is very good to do with a partner and to be on the receiving end is a terrific workout also 8)

I walk 4.1 miles in an hour on a treadmill, five days a week.  Then shoot the basketball about 15-20 mins.  Twice a week, lift some weights, nothing heavy, and ride an exercise bike.  I hate the weightlifting, but it's gotta be done.  I jogged for 20+ years; knees, feet and back say enough!

Every day I try to do something.  The big difference between working and retired is I can take my time now.  I'm not in a hurry, I socialize with the regulars, and I enjoy it more.  

Thank god that the wife came home or I wouldn't been able to ask her to bring the remote over from the other sofa.

I pressed some buttons on the remote control. Thumbsersize

Long walk on beach with visiting sister this morning.

I generally exercise every other day -- if over 50, exercising every day doesn't give the muscles enough chance to rebuild themselves.  That's my story, anyway, and I'm sticking to it.

Exercises are either: 30 min on rowing machine, 2.5 miles on treadmill, or 2 hours of splitting wood.

30 minutes at Curves (ladies gym if you can call it a gym) this morning.

My bike ride was 1 hour. Made dinner, then my wife took me and Lily the basset out for a 30 minute walk.I'm hoping to participate in some kegels later

Back
Top Bottom