What is a failure ?

;)

ok, while we're doing the oldies.. this one might not be available at google proper right now:

French Military Victories

Edit: oh, it's still the first result.. so you can just google "French Military Victories" and hit I'm Feeling Lucky.

Google search returns Bush, then #2 is Carter, #3 is Michael Moore. Interesting...

My favorite is the google ad -

"Failure
Looking for Failure?
Find exactly what you want today.
www.eBay.com"

wtf...

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Guess the google guys are demo's.

I don't think the Google guys had anything to do with this. There was a campaign on lefty blogs to create links with the text "miserable failure" to the GW Bush web site. That causes search engines to associate that text with the Bush page even if the words don't appear on the linked page. Righty blogs countered with links to Michael Moore.

How Jimmy Carter got there is beyond me.

SC

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Yeah I know about google bombing. Just making a joke. Poorly.

D'oh. Should have guessed that. :-[

Cool Dood: I'm actually a big fan of Jimmy. He's done a lot of great things in his lifetime.

SC

Michael Moore sucks. Michael Moore is a miserable failure.

(what, me google bomb? :D )

sc said:
D'oh. Should have guessed that.  :-[

Cool Dood: I'm actually a big fan of Jimmy.  He's done a lot of great things in his lifetime.

SC

He is good as a volunteer homebuilder. He probably grows a pretty good peanut too. But he was laughable as a president.

Ha

So Google wants to pin the "failure" label on Geo. Bush, huh? While I may well agree with them, I guess they never heard "let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70081-0.html?tw=wn_tophead_6

SAN FRANCISCO -- Online search engine leader Google has agreed to censor its results in China, adhering to the country's free-speech restrictions in return for better access in the internet's fastest growing market.

...Google agreed to omit web content that the country's government finds objectionable. Google will base its censorship decisions on guidance provided by Chinese government officials.

Although China has loosened some of its controls in recent years, some topics, such as Taiwan's independence and 1989's Tiananmen Square massacre, remain forbidden subjects.

"This is a real shame," said Julien Pain, head of Reporters Without Borders' internet desk. "When a search engine collaborates with the government like this, it makes it much easier for the Chinese government to control what is being said on the internet."

On the other hand...

I love this quote from Winston Churchill (whose mother, by the way, was an American):

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."

Back
Top Bottom