Join Early Retirement Today

Old 10-10-2018, 08:36 PM   #41
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I only eat two meals a day so breakfast is usually brunch and I might have an egg salad wrap or a salad with tuna fish .

Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2018, 09:41 PM   #42
Recycles dryer sheets

I heard a new recipe I want to try for brunch this year after Thanksgiving.

Take leftover stuffing from Thanksgiving dinner and compact it a bit with hands then press into a waffle iron. Leave in iron just enough to warm it thoroughly.

Serve with a hot poached egg on top.

I love stuffing so I can't wait to try this next month!

gretah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:56 PM   #43
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffithee View Post
I drop two or three vacuum sealed steaks into the sous vide bin in the morning at 130 degrees F. Around 1300, I either sear them in a cast iron or broil them on high for some color. If I do hamburgers, I will throw those on the grill as well. If DW, wants to eat steak or burgers, I make her one. If not (she's not a crazy carnivore like me) then I throw whats leftover into the refer to microwave for later. Occasionally, I will just throw a couple of pounds of ground beef in the skillet and brown it up to set in the refer. If wife wants spaghetti, I take a portion and warm it up in skillet with italian seasonings, bay leaves, tomato paste and water. If she wants tacos, I take a portion of ground beef, throw it in skillet add some salt, pepper, red pepper, cumin, and cilantro. Meal prep and shopping is way easy. I spend more time planning what DW and DS will eat than myself. My little six year old still eats a lot of garbage. Chips, goldfish, muffins, yogurt snacks, cheese snacks, etc. For me, I just buy steaks and ground beef on sale. Get home, vacuum seal and stick in the refer/ freezer. Wake up next day to same routine. No muss, no fuss. When I finally get them both converted to strictly carnivore, we will just be buying meat. Of course, that is challenging.
Thanks, I enjoy hearing how others eat.

Being a carnivore seems easy for shopping, I hate shopping. Since I shop and do all the cooking I'll suggest this to DW. What could go wrong?
MRG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #44
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Orange juice , wheat toast , coffee. Got to have energy to start the day right.
Lakewood90712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:30 PM   #45
Recycles dryer sheets

1 cup Silk Cashew Almond Protein milk, 1 scoop vegan pea protein vanilla flavor, 1 scoop brown rice vanilla protein powder, blueberries, banana; peach, nectarine or strawberries and a sprinkle on top of Kashi Go Lean cereal. 5 grams of sugar total, 50+ grams of protein. Occasionally add a handful of walnuts. That, plus a French press carafe of coffee and Iím done for 6 hours.

Sanstar is offline   Reply With Quote