Join Early Retirement Today
Old 03-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #21
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If they are loaded with Harvard MBAs, most likely a megacorp.

There must be moderation in everything, including moderation.
ls99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2011, 06:41 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.
megac*rps will embark on "safety" crusades in which they photograph a piece of pizza on an employee's desk, ensuring to capture a picture of the employee on the desk so everyone will know who it is. they then send out a note to the entire department to let everyone know it is not "safe" to leave their "lunch" out on their desk and that everyone should "keep food in the refrigerator."

when the employee states they feel parts of their private life were exposed which they do not wish to share or have their co-workers know about, they are told they "are reading too much into it." and that they shouldn't bother the "manager" about his safety crusade.

anyone need a petroleum engineer?

ronocnikral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:45 PM   #23
I have been employed by a Megacorp only once. They were actually in negotiations to sell the company around the time I was hired.
The company was finally sold within the year, they came in sucked our brains for months, the corporate offices were moved elsewhere and then we were all fired.
FreeAtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:31 PM   #24
Think "Dilbert". If you need a definition of "Megacorp", you probaby never worked for one.
JakeBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:58 PM   #25
Originally Posted by RockyMtn View Post
Is Megacorp bad?

Let me think....great salary, yearly bonus, stock options, pension, 401k match, early retirement medical benefits, on going consulting agreement.

Allowed me to amass enough wealth to very comfortably retire at 51.

Me thinks they not so bad after all!!!
I also agree with the comments by RockyMtn.
I know I have been fortunate to w**k for a MegaCorp. 33.5 years non-stop with no regrets. I have been called lucky but I know that I "made my own luck". Now I am 22 days from leaving it all behind and I still like all of the people there and the MegaCorp is still going strong and treating the employees well with good benefits and salary and safe working conditions.
I'm the Anomaly and I recognize that.

Officially retired........Class of 2011
dessert is offline   Reply With Quote