What is one of your interesting quotes?

Some real gems here. Thanks.

And here is a small sampling from my own collection...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers

"For every complex problem there is a simple solution. And it's always wrong." - H. L. Mencken

"My rule is a simple one: Do the best you can, with what you have, and do it now." - Theodore Roosevelt

"Whenever I find a man full of religious cant and pallaver I presently suspect him of being a knave. Religion is indeed the principal thing, but too much of it is worse than none at all." - Benjamin Franklin (at age 17 as "Silence Dogood")

"I figured any young person who's dumb enough to smoke is too dumb to work at CNN or TBS." - Ted Turner

"Martinis are my favorite, but just two at the most, three I'm under the table, and four I'm under the host!" - Dorothy Parker

"Annual income twenty pounds; annual expenditure nineteen, nineteen, six -- result happiness.
Annual income twenty pounds; annual expenditure twenty pounds naught six -- result misery." - Charles Dickens in David Copperfield

Sorry. I see that the request was for only one quote, but I could just go on and on... :-[

8)
"Beyond rightdoing and wrongdoing, there is a field.
I'll meet you there."

Rumi, 13th Century mystic

A surgeon friend of mine says, "Better is the enemy of good."

The moral... know when good is good enough!

If things don't turn out like you planned, you didn't plan well enough.

My dad.

That has to be the most intelligent thing ever spoken
by Mike Tyson.

John Galt

''On their deathbed, nobody has ever turned to their nearest and dearest and said 'I wish I had spent more time at the office'.

My Dad, also an ER.

"Sometimes you've got to call the baby ugly."

Never really thougth about it in the literal sense. It's kid of like calling a spade a spade.

I was recently in a meeting with the Unit Commander and he was asking questions trying to get to the root of an issue. No one was really laying it on the line for some reason.

Out of the corner of his eye he could see me beginning to shake my head that no one was ponying up the truth. So eventually he called on me. I started my comments with this phrase and just laid it out for him. Either he liked it or he didn't. This week I was relocated to the front office with direct reporting to the boss and a much greater work load. Maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut :)

This could be on my headstone::

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions".

John Galt

Redd Fox "Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clear to the bone".

I don't know who the author is, but it certainly describes the 'planning to execution' process in the corporate world so well depicted by Dilbert:

"Measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a grease pencil, cut it with an axe"

REW

"I spent half my money on women, drink and fast cars..............the other half I just wasted." - George Best.

OK, I haven't played yet. My favorite when I FIREd
-------------------------------------
The trouble with being in the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat - Lily Tomlin

arrete

''Money makes money. And the money that money makes, makes money.'' Ben Franklin

''Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.'' Warren Buffet

''A journey of a 1000 miles begins with a single step.''

''Be nice to your kids. They will choose your nursing home one day.''

Back
Top Bottom