Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-09-2018, 03:26 PM   #2081
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Container, 42-Piece Set, Red

I decided it was time to replace my old Rubbermaid food storage containers which were a wedding present oh these 26 years ago. Pretty darn good deal at $15, plus they stack and store much easier than the old design.
GalaxyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2018, 03:40 PM   #2082
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyBoy View Post

I decided it was time to replace my old Rubbermaid food storage containers which were a wedding present oh these 26 years ago. Pretty darn good deal at $15, plus they stack and store much easier than the old design.
Those are great, and that's a great price.

I got so tired of DW's collection of random pieces over the years, and trying to find a top to match from the pile of different sizes and shapes. And then she bought a new set, and I told her those will never last - they have 'flip' latching covers, and the plastic bends ~ 90° every open/close, and yep, in a short time the flaps were cracking.

So a few years ago, after reading reviews I bought a set of these, and 6 months later, another larger set. Was able to toss a bunch of the old ones, or use the bottom in my workshop to hold screws and stuff. It's easy to find a top out of the 3 distinct sizes. One less minor frustration through out the day.

-ERD50
ERD50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:17 PM   #2083
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyBoy View Post

I bought the same ones at the end of last year. I like that they are nice and sturdy, unlike Ziploc containers. Yep, the stacking (or more like sticking) of lids is nice too. I finally got rid of all the old ones from years ago, but not 26 years ago
tmm99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 05:26 AM   #2084

A new board game for the family called "Exploding Kittens" and some small bottles with lids.
I make homemade artisan Vanilla so I'll bottle it up and give to friends.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:15 AM   #2085

Well, poo, they are $19 for this Prime customer.
Tadpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:46 AM   #2086

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadpole View Post
Looks like the sale ended yesterday. Still a good deal, IMO. I put them away this morning and saved an entire shelf in the cabinet vs. the old piles of mismatched lids and containers.

Ah, the things that excite me in ER!
GalaxyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 08:48 AM   #2087
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
I have learned you have to watch the vendors, when Amazon is out for example, someone else with a higher price shows up in the search.

Use camelcamecamel.com to track your price and get notified.

I bought mine last fall at that lower price and the set is great!
bizlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:12 PM   #2088

I'll keep an eye out. Thanks.
Tadpole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:36 PM   #2089

Quote:
I'll keep an eye out. Thanks.
They have that too.

https://www.amazon.com/Design-Whites...rds=glass+eyes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eyeball.jpg (27.5 KB, 37 views)
Old 01-14-2018, 07:40 PM   #2090
Moderator Emeritus

I bought some no-tie shoelaces for a total of $7.03 after promotional discounts.

I admit that the only reason I bought them, is that I am DYING of curiousity to see if they work, and how, and if they really keep my shoes on, and if (as claimed) they really turn any shoes into slip-ons.

If I like them, then maybe I'll get some for Frank.

OK, I didn't really need them at all so I'm not being frugal. But hey! The Dow is almost 26,000 so I thought I'd go wild. Blow that dough!

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:13 PM   #2091

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I bought some no-tie shoelaces for a total of $7.03 after promotional discounts.

I admit that the only reason I bought them, is that I am DYING of curiousity to see if they work, and how, and if they really keep my shoes on, and if (as claimed) they really turn any shoes into slip-ons.

If I like them, then maybe I'll get some for Frank.

OK, I didn't really need them at all so I'm not being frugal. But hey! The Dow is almost 26,000 so I thought I'd go wild. Blow that dough!
I'm intrigued, let us know how they work out.
Just_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:51 PM   #2092
Moderator Emeritus

Raspberry pi computer, ipazzport mini wireless keyboard, 7” touchscreen monitor, and charger for my Garmin watch
Ronstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:19 AM   #2093

Ambient weather station and a springform pan to try cheesecake in our instant pot.
davemartin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:24 AM   #2094

The huge set of the Rubbermaid food storage containers someone referenced above. Thanks for the tip! It is quite the deal for $19.00. Plus gel toe separators as I have a "listing" big toe.
I'm ridiculously excited to get the storage containers today! Small pleasures for those who like organization.
Marita40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:36 AM   #2095
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Steve View Post
I'm intrigued, let us know how they work out.
I was so disappointed! The holes for the laces in my New Balance running shoes are very small, with no grommets (just punched). I couldn't get the elastic laces to go through them because the holes were not big enough.

So, I gave them to Frank who had expressed a strong interest in such laces. He is going to try to get them through the holes in his shoes, and has several tools in mind to try using in the process if he has trouble doing it.

From the reviews on Amazon, I gather that if you can get them installed, they are great. Many of the unhappy reviews are due to the same problem I had.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:54 AM   #2096

I must be the only person on earth that has never bought anything on Amazon, ever! About 20 years ago I once bought a dell computer not sure if it was online or over the telephone.
NYEXPAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:20 AM   #2097

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I was so disappointed! The holes for the laces in my New Balance running shoes are very small, with no grommets (just punched). I couldn't get the elastic laces to go through them because the holes were not big enough.

So, I gave them to Frank who had expressed a strong interest in such laces. He is going to try to get them through the holes in his shoes, and has several tools in mind to try using in the process if he has trouble doing it.

From the reviews on Amazon, I gather that if you can get them installed, they are great. Many of the unhappy reviews are due to the same problem I had.
Thank you for update.
Just_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:09 AM   #2098
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEXPAT View Post
I must be the only person on earth that has never bought anything on Amazon, ever!

I guess that means a Prime membership is out of the question?
dasranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Paint
Old 01-19-2018, 04:24 AM   #2099

Paint

A tube of touch-up paint for my car. I have a small scratch to fix. I was having trouble finding it anywhere else, including the dealership. Of course Amazon had it!
WestUniversity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:37 PM   #2100
Recycles dryer sheets

Picked this up the other day. It was a lightning deal for about $8 and it seems to work fine. Plugged it in and connected to it with my phone and can read info and codes and reset a CEL with it.

OBD2 Scanner Bluetooth Scan Tool Adapter, Car Code Reader for Android & Windows Devices, OBD Scanner Wirelessly Feeds Your Cars Data To Your Phone! Check Engine Light Eliminator for All Cars! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C6CZ0SQ..._JWPyAbHBYR50C
SteveNU is offline   Reply With Quote