What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

DW came up with a framing job for me, a poster print that was her grandfather's. So in addition to a custom 19x30 frame from Craig Frames I ordered Krylon Preserve it spray, which is supposed to help with the acid burn (makes it turn brown) Linco Document cleaning pad, blades for the circle/oval mat cutter, 60 yds, Scotch acid-free ATG tape (used in double mats) the book The Digital Print: Preparing Images in Lighroom and Photoshop for Printing, and vacuum cleaner bags.

We'll see how attempting to restore this poster works out. If nothing else I do have some good photos to work from and perhaps with several day's work in Photoshop I can do it digitally and reprint it.

Attachments

• train_poster-1.jpg
    train_poster-1.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 11
  • train_poster-2.jpg
    train_poster-2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 10
  • train_poster-3.jpg
    train_poster-3.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 10
Military dog tags with emergency contact numbers for wearing while cycling

Ok so I'm a dog :p

replacement batteries for our uniden cordless phone handsets. Bought 1 at radio shack for 18.49. bought 2 from amazon for about 6 bucks a piece.

I am a substitute teacher for Middle Grades Math. I wish the sixth (and 7th and 8th) graders I interact with were semi-competent in ANY operation involving fractions!
I am becoming quite concerned over what is being taught lately. I was in a local bakery and ordered a half dozen doughnuts. The young person behind the counter had to ask how many that was. I find that very sad.

A new red SanDisk mp3 player, to replace the one I washed and ruined 4-5 years ago. I decided it was time to stop punishing myself for that and to just fork over the money for a new one that is just like my old one, more or less. I had been using my iPhone meanwhile, but prefer a dedicated mp3 player and tomorrow I will have one (again).

Amazingly, it was $34.99 yesterday when I ordered it, almost $10 cheaper than it is today.

The nightlight I ordered a few days ago has been fabulous - - better than I had even imagined. It's just bright enough without being too bright. I am sleeping much better now because I can sleep in total darkness.

Last edited:
An extra-strength lint roller. And that one came right out of the cats' allowance.;)

--coconut oil
--rechargeable AA batteries (for wireless trackpad and keyboard, camera, LED flashlight)

Major retailers seem to have stopped selling replacement cutter and foil parts for electric razors so I had to buy them on line at Amazon.

I am becoming quite concerned over what is being taught lately. I was in a local bakery and ordered a half dozen doughnuts. The young person behind the counter had to ask how many that was. I find that very sad.

Perfect opportunity for you to create a baker's half dozen.

"Half dozen? Sure, it's about 9 or 10, give or take."

A 24" monitor for my DS as a birthday gift.

Amazon offered a $60 gift card during check-out if I applied for their credit card. I saved $60 on the purchase and have another credit card that I really don't want or need. But it's hard to pass on easy money.

Today was an expensive day. I paid my kids for their labor on the driveway.

Older son was motivated and put in a lot of hard-working hours - his goal was a "super gaming computer he'd build himself.". He found a guy who does reference designs in different price lists then ran the designs past me. I helped him update/refine some of the items - and $850 later on Amazon, he'll get the various pieces of his new super-gaming computer on Monday.

Younger son pretty much stopped putting in hours when he'd earned enough for his goal - an Xbox 360. (He had no interest in working enough to get an Xbox One.) Ordered him a bundled unit with a couple games - plus 2 more games, an extra console, and a charger/batteries for the 2 consoles. Came out to about $360.

It was an expensive day.

As Freebird mentioned above - Amazon has a charity program where if you go through smile.amazon.com, and have a selected 501(c)(3) charity designated, some small portion of the sale goes to the charity. I was treasurer of a 501(c)(3) when this first came online about 2 months ago - when I handed over the books to the new treasurer a few weeks ago we had not received any of the money yet. I have no idea what percentage goes to the charity - but the prices are the same on Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more and smile.amazon.com.

A battery for my cell phone (Droid Pro). It is advertised as "new" but have doubts since it was $3.85 with free shipping (not Prime though). For such a low price it was worth taking a chance on getting a good battery.

Last edited:
Since so many people raved about it I tried a free month of Amazon Prime . It was convenient always getting free shipping so I actually impulse shopped more than usual not a good thing . I also streamed videos . Most of the titles available were older so-so movies . I then tried the kindle library option . Very poor selection and only a few books that interested me . I am glad I tried it but I will not be subscribing . Most of the items I buy from Amazon are either kindle books which load free or presents for my grandchildren and they always total more than $35.

Do yourself a favor and don't ask them how many inches or feet in a yard or how many ounces in a pound. Their responses will frighten you! :facepalm:

Last purchase was a CANZ 808 bluetooth speaker which I sent to Seattle for upcoming Girls (Week-long) Weekend. Great sound out of a little speaker.

One of these beauties:

Zoeller M53 Mighty-mate Submersible Sump Pump, 1/3 Hp
51Z3SF1ROBL.jpg

I've been doing a decent amount of crawling through muck underneath my house and honing my plumbing skills lately. It's kind of like work (the crawling through muck and getting my hands dirty part). I also know way more about sump pumps than I could have imagined. I went with the plastic+glass+steel impeller instead of the cast iron impeller. The old one worked for 14 years, so I'm replacing it with the same model. At $120, it wasn't much cheaper than the el cheapos at home depot or Harbor Freight. Hope to get another 14 years out of it (and may call the plumber next time it fails!).

Last edited:
A new red SanDisk mp3 player, to replace the one I washed and ruined 4-5 years ago. I decided it was time to stop punishing myself for that and to just fork over the money for a new one that is just like my old one, more or less. I had been using my iPhone meanwhile, but prefer a dedicated mp3 player and tomorrow I will have one (again).

Amazingly, it was $34.99 yesterday when I ordered it, almost $10 cheaper than it is today.

That's a great little player. I've had one for several years (black and 2GB internal at the time), and use it quite a bit. It has a micro-SD slot, so I bought some cheap 4 and 8 GB cards, and I can have different mixes of music on each card. It even handles the open source formats like .ogg and .flac (lossless).

I just wish they made one with a larger display and a few more buttons so you don't need to go through so many menus. But it seems the next steps up do much more (that I don't need), and get much more $ fast.

-ERD50

That's a great little player. I've had one for several years (black and 2GB internal at the time), and use it quite a bit. It has a micro-SD slot, so I bought some cheap 4 and 8 GB cards, and I can have different mixes of music on each card. It even handles the open source formats like .ogg and .flac (lossless).

I just wish they made one with a larger display and a few more buttons so you don't need to go through so many menus. But it seems the next steps up do much more (that I don't need), and get much more $ fast.

-ERD50

All I wish is that it would survive a bout with my washing machine, but no chance of that, I'm sure! :2funny: Hopefully that will not happen again. Otherwise I am happy with it as is.

I ordered Adobe Photoshop CC for Photographers by Evening.

Amazon did a piss-poor job of packing the book and it arrived damaged twice (and we sent it back each time). The the third copy came today (from a different location) and was okay (had a small ding but not too bad).

The company is ruthless about efficiency so I can only assume the poor packing job was intentional. In fact, if hadn't been FIRED I might have kept the second one as it is a pain returning it. Probably they count on this.

I ordered Adobe Photoshop CC for Photographers by Evening.

Despite the travails of finally having the intact book in your hands you're going to enjoy the book. The most detailed books I've ever read on Photoshop and Lightroom software were written by him.

Just ordered two of these: A cooler for boxed wines

51DecHWYzKL._AA160_.jpg

I got one about a week ago and it turns out to be a very well built product. The cost with shipping was about $18. However the cost with two was only $30. Only $5 shipping for two. I am not sure about the company that makes these. Thew are/were out of Atlanta. I found reference to a website, but it appears it does not exist anymore. When I received the first one I went back to Amazon to order the others as gifts, and it said something to the effect Out and don't know if it will be in stock. Today they showed up again.

This thing takes 5 ltrs of boxed wine with room for a frozen block on top. Great for the boat or a picnic.

Despite the travails of finally having the intact book in your hands you're going to enjoy the book. The most detailed books I've ever read on Photoshop and Lightroom software were written by him.

Yeah I'm looking forward to reading it (all 700 pages of goodness). Now that I'm fired, I actually have some time to read something non-work related.

Back
Top Bottom