Join Early Retirement Today

Old 12-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #501
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemick View Post
Amazon - cheap earmuffs cause winter is here and I still like to wear my Stetson.

And Savoie's Dark Roux - cause they do it way better than me who 'ain't' a patient cook.

heh heh heh -
Wow, I didn't know you could buy roux. I can manage a light and medium-light, maybe even medium, but dark takes some skill. It's a real shame to almost have it, and then burn it and have to start over.

-ERD50

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2014, 09:31 AM   #502
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

So far in the past month.....three orders with Amazon, two orders with Costco online, and an order with Indigo on line.

Much easier to shop on line. We have been able to get exactly what we want at the right price. Why trudge around the shops and wait in line to be served or to pay? In our case, the gifts have been delivered directly to the gift recipient. No need to wrap and post them.

I do not like shopping centres at the best of times. Completely avoid them in December. Parking lots are a zoo. Why bother? Expect to finish our shopping this week..... on the web.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:28 AM   #503
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
I took the bait.

Just bought an Amazon Fire TV cyber Monday deal for $69 which is $30 off the regular price.

I was contemplating getting a refurbished one for $79.

Good things come to those who wait.
Quite happy with the Amazon Fire TV device I got on Cyber Monday. I'm impressed with the voice search on titles and actors. It's a hoot to just say the name to the remote and have the search bring up selections.

The selection of included movies with Amazon Prime isn't the best though. I did a search on "Contact" (with Jodie Foster) but that's available for rent/buy only so I settled on 'Sharknado" instead
Old 12-04-2014, 10:50 AM   #504
Recycles dryer sheets

Ordered most of my Christmas gifts online yesterday, which included a $100 REI Gift Card (DD needs new rock climbing equipment), $100 Ruth's Chris Steakhouse Gift Card for the parents of our new GD (includes free babysitting too , of course ), and from Amazon, a princess popup tent and a Frozen-themed slumber bag for our princess-crazy 4 year old step-GD. Can't wait to see her face when she comes down and sees it all assembled and ready for make believe play.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tent.jpg (66.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #505
Recycles dryer sheets

I've been considering a Windows tablet to supplement my old Playbook, for the last few months. When I saw that the HP Stream 8 includes (200 MB/month of) free 4G for the lifetime of the device I just had to have one. I was in gotta-have-it-now mode though, so I cancelled my order and went round to the local Microsoft store and picked it up. Configuring and learning as we speak!
Old 12-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #506
Give me a forum ...

Thai brown jasmine rice.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:00 PM   #507

Just got a Nest thermostat. I got tired of not being able to read the numbers on the old one. Now I can just use my iPhone to set it! So far so good!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Old 12-07-2014, 08:48 AM   #508
Give me a forum ...

Got rechargeable batteries to fix my old Norelco shaver.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The battery died a long time ago (the shaver is about 20 years old) but the shaver still works as a plug in shaver.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:27 AM   #509

easysurfer:

I might have missed it, but did you ever decide on a call blocker?
Old 12-07-2014, 10:11 AM   #510
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
easysurfer:

I might have missed it, but did you ever decide on a call blocker?
Redduck,

I ended up getting the Sentry Call Blocker 1.0.

Amazon.com: SENTRY Dual Mode Call Blocker. Block 100% Robo Calls. Stop All Junk Calls, Election Calls, Survey Calls. 9999 Number Capacity: Electronics

Overall, I'm quite happy with it. But the final decision took longer than anticipated as shortly after getting that, the manufacturer came out with a newer version (one that allows to add numbers directly from the device) so I got the newer model, but that has reliability issues and got taken off the market for further testing. So I ended up going back to the 1.0 version.

The blocker has been working like a charm for me so far.

p.s. I did manage to spoof (using free trial spoof sites) my own phone to add numbers to the call blocker sooner than having to wait for folks to call me.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:41 AM   #511

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
I just ordered one this morning. Thanks for the info and the link.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #512
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redduck View Post
I just ordered one this morning. Thanks for the info and the link.
You're welcome. Looking forward to see how you like the call blocker once you have it set up.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:29 AM   #513
Give me a forum ...

Got myself a soldering station recently but the stand that came with is nothing to write home about. So hopefully, this stand will do the trick. It is made mostly with metal, an oddity in today's world .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg solder stand.jpg (45.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 12-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #514
Give me a forum ...

Presents for Mr B

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon.com : Redi-Tag Divider Sticky Notes 60 Ruled Notes, 4 x 6 Inches, Assorted Neon Colors (29500) : Sticky Note Pads : Office Products

Amazon.com : Delacre Prestige Luxury Belgian Chocolate Biscuit Assortment 49.4 Ounce Holiday Gift Tin Assortment : Gourmet Baked Goods Gifts : Grocery & Gourmet Food

and something for me to get the free shipping deal

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 01-06-2015, 11:19 AM   #515
Give me a forum ...

Got myself an 8-bay battery charger. I didn't really need it as I have two other chargers (4 bays at a time), but it will be convenient (and fun) to have fresh batteries on standby.

Amazon.com: Tenergy TN162 8-Bay Smart AA/AAA NiMH/NiCd Battery Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tenergy charger.jpg (24.3 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-06-2015, 01:39 PM   #516
Administrator

In January, I often buy myself some belated holiday presents now that I can afford to do so.

Yesterday's delivery was these battery operated motion sensing nightlights. I'll use them in my hallway (where there are no electrical outlets), so that I don't fall or stumble on my way back to the bedroom at bedtime. They are not as bright as the plug-in nightlight in my bedroom, but they are good enough to keep me from harm.

Today's delivery is going to be this wastebasket. I love the fact that it is designed to use old grocery bags as liners.

Tomorrow's delivery will be this USB charger, that I plan to use for charging my iPhone, iPad, Kindle, and some other devices.

I admit it - - I must be a Luddite at heart. After years of using a wireless mouse, I miss my old wired mouse. I especially miss it when the wireless one gets dropped and rolls under the furniture, or when I have to go search for fresh batteries for it. So, for just $6.99 I ordered this one and I love it:

Old 01-06-2015, 02:58 PM   #517
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
In January, I often buy myself some belated holiday presents now that I can afford to do so.

Yesterday's delivery was these battery operated motion sensing nightlights. I'll use them in my hallway (where there are no electrical outlets), so that I don't fall or stumble on my way back to the bedroom at bedtime. They are not as bright as the plug-in nightlight in my bedroom, but they are good enough to keep me from harm.

Today's delivery is going to be this wastebasket. I love the fact that it is designed to use old grocery bags as liners.

Tomorrow's delivery will be this USB charger, that I plan to use for charging my iPhone, iPad, Kindle, and some other devices.

I admit it - - I must be a Luddite at heart. After years of using a wireless mouse, I miss my old wired mouse. I especially miss it when the wireless one gets dropped and rolls under the furniture, or when I have to go search for fresh batteries for it. So, for just $6.99 I ordered this one and I love it:

W2R, how can you be a Luddite if you have a 5-slot USB charger!? 😉
Old 01-06-2015, 07:26 PM   #518

Ordered a Hario slim burr grinder which arrived today. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow morning

Old 01-06-2015, 07:41 PM   #519
Give me a forum ...

2 audio CDs full of Crystal Gayle music...1 new, 1 used
Old 01-06-2015, 07:45 PM   #520
Recycles dryer sheets

A new battery for my laptop (that plus the new SSD I just installed means I practically have a new laptop for only $100), a 63 liter backpacking pack, and dog shampoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum