What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I could never live with myself if I gave any business to amazon.

Brutal Conditions In Amazon's Warehouses - Business Insider

Amazon.com's Workers Are Low-Paid, Overworked And Unhappy; Is This The New Employee Model For The Internet Age?

FYI: I'm a capitalist in every sense of the word, but if this is what amazon employees have to go through for me to save a little money, I say, no thanks.

I'll pay a little more elsewhere & have a clean conscience.

Yikes.. Will have to take a look at those links. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I could never live with myself if I gave any business to amazon.

Brutal Conditions In Amazon's Warehouses - Business Insider

Amazon.com's Workers Are Low-Paid, Overworked And Unhappy; Is This The New Employee Model For The Internet Age?

FYI: I'm a capitalist in every sense of the word, but if this is what amazon employees have to go through for me to save a little money, I say, no thanks.

I'll pay a little more elsewhere & have a clean conscience.
I hope you never buy anything made in a developing country because the Amazon job probably looks like Nirvana to those workers.

Come on, this is a thread about stuff we buy. Let's not go down that road, it'll ruin the thread for everyone. :)

Reactions: W2R
I hope you never buy anything made in a developing country because the Amazon job probably looks like Nirvana to those workers.

So you justify workers being treated badly in the US, by pointing out that conditions are worse for workers in developing countries ?

Come on, this is a thread about stuff we buy. Let's not go down that road, it'll ruin the thread for everyone. :)

That sounds a little selfish.
I love this ER forum & therefore don't want to make too many waves, but I've known people who work in these distribution centers & it's as bad as the articles point out. (*Amazon is not the only retailer with these issues* )

BTW: Did you read the contend in the links ?

Folks, please keep it on on topic and don't go down that road. This is a lighthearted thread and we all know what will happen if it goes political/social institutional justice and all that. There are other venues for those discussions.

I ordered 14 financial calculators for our client conference the end of the week. I should have also ordered coffee to help them stay awake for the time value of money lessons!! :)

73" double vanity top. (for bathroom remodel)
Fiori di Sicilia (an extract I need for these really good almond cookies.)
Almond paste (for the same cookies)

A little LED keychain flashlight, and a video game are both on their way to me.

I was interested in this one for storing a house key. BUT watching the video from the first Amazon review turned me off:
There is only one big problem with the key combination mechanism and that is you can actually find very easy the code. Watch this video.
edited out the URL link
Sounds like an eastern European accent in the video. I watched it and indeed the guy opened the lock with a tool that he showed. I removed the link here as it might be a security issue. :(

Last edited:
I was interested in this one for storing a house key. BUT watching the video from the first Amazon review turned me off:
Sounds like an eastern European accent in the video. I watched it and indeed the guy opened the lock with a tool that he showed. I removed the link here as it might be a security issue. :(

Holy crap :facepalm: . Thanks for the info. I need the size of thet key lock box as the one I was using is too small for my large car key.

I went ahead and watched that video. At least he didn't get the lock box opened on the first try.

I had been using a common lock made by Master Lock

Amazon.com: Master Lock 5400D Select Access Key Storage Box with Set-Your-Own Combination Lock, 1-Pack: Home Improvement

But a little searching on youtube, and see the Master Lock can be picked by the same method.

Last edited:

Someone who wants to rob us can just break the glass on the door or a nearby window and bingo, there they are.

We have a thermometer near our back door that slides up to reveal the key storage place. It was handy for our kids when they were teenagers, and our kids' friends and their friends :LOL:

Re recent Amazon order, we are waiting new Fitbit Flex wristbands-- nothing wrong with the old ones, just different colors for DH and me--and a bathtub overflow drain stopper upper, due here today.

Someone who wants to rob us can just break the glass on the door or a nearby window and bingo, there they are...

I guess the moral of the story is to remember that security like padlocks and bicycle cables and even standard door locks act as a deterrent and isn't thief proof.

I know the strategy for bicycle locking is to make it secure enough so a bike thief moves on to the next bicycle :).

I didn't get my HP12C until I retirees from the Air Force. I wish I had learned to use one sooner! Of course it took a room the size of a house to do what it does, in 1966😀

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I got tired of drinking too-warm red wine in the summer and forgetting to put the white in the fridge early enough in the day. Finally figured out that I had a perfect place for a small wine fridge in the dining room. So I ordered one last week:
http://www.amazon.com/Haier-18-Bottle-Curved-Smoked-Cellar/dp/B00DNSO41M

So far so good - the reds really are warmer than the whites and both are good drinking temps.

How much power does it draw? I didn;t see any specs at the site.

Those thermo-electric chillers are neat, no noisy compressor (still needs a fan), but not very energy efficient, compared to a compressor.

-ERD50

Someone who wants to rob us can just break the glass on the door or a nearby window and bingo, there they are....

A robber doesn't even need to break the glass on the door. :facepalm:

Have you checked the quality of your locks recently? :(

Last edited:
All the wet weather lately reminded me that I've always wanted Teva sandals. So, these are on their way to me from Amazon.

I love my new Teva sandals! They are very comfortable and I'll be wearing them even when it doesn't rain.

Like many, I just got a tax refund. Keep coming with your most recent purchase from Amazon to give us ideas!

Last edited:
I wanted some clothes hangers that are sturdy. These also have a design that lets one take off something like a knit item without stretching out the neck opening and also don't have those pointy shoulder edges:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HA019J4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

33op7v6.jpg

How much power does it draw? 100 watts / 1.4 amps I didn;t see any specs at the site.

Those thermo-electric chillers are neat, no noisy compressor (still needs a fan), but not very energy efficient, compared to a compressor.

-ERD50

Definitely quiet - I can barely hear it at all when I'm at my desk less than 25' away.

Back
Top Bottom