Join Early Retirement Today

Old 02-20-2015, 09:35 AM   #581
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
Please do post how that turns out. I have had to be on a gluten-free diet for going on 25 years now and I'm always interested in gluten-free options.
I will as soon as my wobbling teeth, one with a small abscess, situation gets fixed. Extraction is the outcome for at least one of them. Argh.

The 10 grain bread mix contains wheat, along with 9 other grain flours, and gluten. I bought it as a substitute for all purpose flour. I miss eating bread, so I figured I would get a better flour for making flatbread.

The pasta looks like ordinary pasta. Ingredients are corn flour, rice flour mono and diglycerides. Brand name is Heartland, product of Italy.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2015, 10:48 AM   #582
Give me a forum ...

Amazon.com: Nite Ize DoohicKey SkullKey, Stainless: Home Improvement

Quote:
This product features a file, a #2 flat-head screwdriver, a scoring point, a serrated edge, and a bottle opener.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:05 PM   #583
Moderator Emeritus

I just ordered a Lamy Safari fountain pen.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:57 PM   #584
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
I just got one of these Amazon.com: [New] TROND G5 SMART Desktop USB Wall Charger / Portable Travel Charging Station (40W / 8.0A, 5 Port, 5ft Power Cord), for Apple iPad Air / Air 2, iPad Mini Retina 2, 3; iPhone 6 Plus 5s 5c 5 4S; Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 2 3 4; Googl

It's so compact! I really needed a little USB multi port charging station on my nightstand, and this is very nice!

5 ft power cord, and no brick! It also is a surge protector.
Related to this, a while back I bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just ~ $10, it gives me feedback on if/how-fast the device is charging. I had a tablet that seemed a little iffy if it went into fast charge mode or not, this allows me to know. I also use it when charging my little RC quad-coptors, and anything else that doesn't provide much feedback.

Also, with the short cord and two outlets, it is convenient to charge two things from one charger port.

-ERD50
Old 03-01-2015, 11:05 AM   #585
Full time employment: Posting here.

It took a couple practices, but this bag sealer works great! I just cut the bags down to size as I use contents, and reseal as I use.
http://www.amazon.com/iTouchless-BR0...+%282-Packs%29
Old 03-01-2015, 11:32 AM   #586
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

breathe right extra nasal strips. Better prices than the local drug store.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:38 AM   #587
Administrator

I pre-ordered a clear plastic protective cover for my new handheld video game console. It has a beautiful cherry red glossy finish, but consequently it is a "fingerprint magnet". This protector should eliminate the fingerprint problem while displaying the pretty red color, as well as make the device very comfortable to hold.

Release date for the protector is Tuesday.

Old 03-01-2015, 12:02 PM   #588

San Francisco Bay Fog Chaser:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

41temJCpEmL.jpg
Old 03-03-2015, 04:49 PM   #589
Give me a forum ...

I ordered a Hamilton Beach food processor, a Choetech multi port USB charger, and a pair of Cocoons sunglasses. Delivery date guaranteed today, March 3rd, so I made sure I could be home. No sign of the package by noon, so I investigated and discovered that UPS tried to deliver yesterday when I was out. AARGH! So I had to go to the UPS store to pick up two boxes. All unpacked now, and I have more brown packing paper and boxes than I can use in my remaining lifetime, but I am not finding this home delivery to be that convenient either. I think it is best reserved for things I cannot find locally, and smaller objects. I guess I have to know how to keep on top of a delivery. "Guaranteed delivery Date X" seems to mean "guaranteed delivery on or before Date X".
Old 03-03-2015, 05:04 PM   #590
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

A replacement rear view mirror. DW borrowed my car and somehow managed to break it off while she was reaching for something. The little steel plate is still firmly glued to the windshield but the mirror mount is cracked in half.

I have no idea how she managed to do it...

Retired in 2005 at age 58, no pension

REWahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:05 PM   #591
Recycles dryer sheets

2 sets of:

Grand Piano Caster Cups - Set of 3 - Brown
Old 03-03-2015, 05:12 PM   #592
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by REWahoo View Post
A replacement rear view mirror. DW borrowed my car and somehow managed to break it off while she was reaching for something. The little steel plate is still firmly glued to the windshield but the mirror mount is cracked in half.

I have no idea how she managed to do it...
Especially in the wintertime! In the summer in Texas, my rear view mirror kept falling off due to the heat melting the glue.

(That has never happened to me here in Louisiana, not even once. Maybe it is yet another addition for your list of reasons not to move to Texas? )
Old 03-03-2015, 08:50 PM   #593
Give me a forum ...

I got a Tracfone 1 Year of Service & 400 Minutes card.

Love those prepaid minutes
Old 03-04-2015, 06:58 AM   #594
Recycles dryer sheets

My new grocery store (Albertson's) does not stock decent syrup.

Coombs Family Farm Grade B Maple Syrup Glass

Old 03-04-2015, 07:25 AM   #595
Recycles dryer sheets

TMG - too many gadgets

TotalMount - Roku Mounting System

Old 03-10-2015, 03:34 PM   #596

Two books:

The Unthinkable: Who Survives When Disaster Strikes - And Why by Amanda Ripley

The Copyright Zone: a Legal Guide for Photographers and Artists in the Digital World 2nd Edition by Edward C. Greenberg, J.D. and Jack Reznicki

The first was admittedly a bit of an impulse purchase - I'm always curious about why people perform extremely well or poorly.

The second was on my wish list for quite a while and the book was recently released - it's an interesting subject for me and there's a lot of misinformation and misunderstandings out there about it.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:37 PM   #597
Recycles dryer sheets

Love this in coffee: Now Foods Stevia Extract Liquid, Dark Chocolate, 2 Ounce Bottle
Old 03-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #598
Administrator

Today I ordered a used copy of the "Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy" video game, that I had had my eye on:

I have never played a rhythm video game before, so this will be fun. I think that within the game you try to move in coordination with the rhythm of the music, but I'll find out.

A new copy was only $19.99, but I had $19 in Amazon Visa rewards so I chose the used copy from Amazon Warehouse for $17.89. OK, I admit it, paying nothing is pretty cool.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:08 PM   #599
Give me a forum ...

Yeah - I paid 0.27 for something the other day.

Congrats on enjoying your Amazon Rewards card. It's the 3% of all purchases rewards - including from other vendors through amazing - that is sweet, sweet, sweet!!

Our family knows to give us Amazon gift cards for Xmas, LOL!
Old 03-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #600
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I ordered the soundtrack to the movie The Lion In Winter, which I saw over the weekend after not having seen it since going with my family shortly after its release. I was too young to appreciate that fine film at the time, but the score (composed by John Barry) never left me.

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote