What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Three pairs of cheap readers for $9.99.

If it's not too complicated, could you tell us (me) how you inserted these glasses into your post? Feel free to start at the Amazon page where you found these glasses. Thanks. (Hope your surgery goes well).

If it's not too complicated, could you tell us (me) how you inserted these glasses into your post? Feel free to start at the Amazon page where you found these glasses. Thanks. (Hope your surgery goes well).

I'll send you a PM. :)

I ordered Two Step Verification for my Amazon account.

It is now available under:

Advanced Security Settings:
Manage how and when you receive security codes

You can use phone numbers, text, voice and authorization apps. You can also have safe computers so you don't need the code every time you order from Amazon.

I ordered Two Step Verification for my Amazon account.

It is now available under:

Advanced Security Settings:
Manage how and when you receive security codes

You can use phone numbers, text, voice and authorization apps. You can also have safe computers so you don't need the code every time you order from Amazon.

Thanks for the tip. A got my computer set up to not have to enter the code each time and since I don't have a smartphone, I selected voice as the backup.

Bought a nice sturdy suitcase to travel in style. At first blush, I thought this is overkill but then seeing a video on how easy a thief can jimmy a popular zippered suitcase, maybe the purchase isn't overkill at all.

But the irony is that the most expensive thing I'll bring along is the suitcase itself :(.

Attachments

• samsonite-scure-28-hardside-spinner-luggage-dark-blue-samsonite-hardside-luggage.jpg
    samsonite-scure-28-hardside-spinner-luggage-dark-blue-samsonite-hardside-luggage.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 218
Oh that's a lovely suitcase! Very nice!

We usually travel with carry -on, but if checking, we have old backpacks that we slip into old school army duffel bags to keep the straps from getting torn off in transit. I think they look so hobo that no thief would take the time to investigate beyond the exterior!

I just ordered some saws, a plane, and assorted woodworking items. It's great having UPS or USPS coming up the driveway knowing that I'm getting a toy delivery.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Oh that's a lovely suitcase! Very nice!

We usually travel with carry -on, but if checking, we have old backpacks that we slip into old school army duffel bags to keep the straps from getting torn off in transit. I think they look so hobo that no thief would take the time to investigate beyond the exterior!

Thanks. Haven't received the suitcase yet, just ordered one. Now I worry from reading that thieves target the nicer suitcases expecting something nice inside. I'm sure there is some truth to that. My biggest concern is not that much a walk off thief (though I'm sure that happens) but more a baggage handler thief while loading onto the plane.

I ordered batteries for my keypad deadbolts on all four exterior doors, since I intend to change out the batteries on January 1st of every year. Also I ordered Turbotax and some plain black Easy Spirit (comfie) dress flats to wear to holiday parties.

Last edited:
cheap electronic metronome. The kids hid/lost the old one and the piano teacher requested we get one back in use for practice. My younger son, especially, tends to rush songs and speed up/slow down randomly.

An Iphone6 case for the son. Stocking stuffer. Ordered on Friday and USPS dropped it off this am.

A replacement lockset for my roll top desk. The previous owner lost the key and I would like to have the ability to lock it.

I purchased a nifty little bluetooth speaker on a cyber Monday deal (TaoTronics TT-SK02). It had good reviews so I figured it was worth a try for $25.

Me likey! It has very nice sound. I'm streaming the Dave Matthews channel on Pandora as I type this.

Ed to add: looks like Amazon doesn't carry this now, oh well.

Attachments

• btspeakers.JPG
    btspeakers.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 10
I forgot to mention that since my cataract surgery was so successful, and I don't need prescription glasses any more, I finally caved and used rewards points to purchase my first pair of Ray-Bans in my entire life:

Definitely a luxury but they are really nice and baby my eyes when driving.

One of these:

Attachments

• cleaning jg.jpg
    cleaning jg.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Your new sunglasses are way cool! Now you need a fashion scarf and a convertible to go with!! :)

Wish I had the scarf and convertible in this photo, from many years ago! :LOL: I'm the one in the yellow scarf. Actually the scarf was borrowed from my aunt, for the photo in her convertible Jeepster. I didn't have any sunglasses back then, but I do now. :D

Attachments

• scarf.jpg.jpg
    scarf.jpg.jpg
    505.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
We have similar tastes. They look nearly identical to the Bolle sunglasses I recently bought.

Nice! :) Mine are listed on Amazon as "unisex" so I guess you guys can wear that style too. :D I especially love the lens quality, because I can see so much better now when driving.

Back
Top Bottom