Join Early Retirement Today

Old 05-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #61

A large format scanner for scanning conventional paper scrapbooks and converting them to digital books (I use Blurb to print them - beautiful!) and an Oontz XL bluetooth speaker to listen to content from our i-devices. Both ordered in February. Hmmm...uh oh....I feel the urge to shop.

Haven't started looking at buying non-perishable grocery type items there but several posts mentioned it so I may look into that.

MBAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #62
Full time employment: Posting here.

A USB modem for the call filtering/blocking software that runs on one of my PC desktops.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:49 PM   #63
Recycles dryer sheets

3 wall cabinets and floor epoxy paint for the garage
Screws for my Kregg Jig kit
Levis 559
St. John's Worth capsules because I was told I haven't been upbeat lately...don't think the supplement is helping though lol
Old 05-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #64
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

We are Primers: buy everything from Prime (toiletries, gifts, etc.). Last purchase was a 50 foot training lead for our pup, and eye drops.
Now I'm gonna live in a world like that!" - World Like That, O.A.R.
nash031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 06:49 PM   #65
Recycles dryer sheets

Last thing I personally ordered was labelmaker tape. Kids order also, so there are more recent orders for grooming products and underwear. 90 orders placed in the last six months according to Amazon. 171 in 2013. Average of an order every two days. Sounds right. Prime customers for years.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:01 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
I also recently bought a GPS recently through Amazon (from PC Nation). A factory refurbished nuvi unit containing both Europe and North America maps for $105! (It's discontinued, but a brand new one retails for $230 from Garmin). I bought this older unit because it has twice the battery life of the current model. I plan to use it as a pedestrian and public transport user in Europe and needed something slim and light (it's only 5 oz) to carry around in my purse.

Then I bought the Europe lifetime map upgrades through Amazon as they were $10 cheaper than buying identical product directly from Garmin.

Everything got registered, downloaded and worked. Had fun browsing Europe on the GPS (nice simulate mode) and marking some personal points of interest in the unit, including my brother's address.

Sorry to hear about the credit card compromise. I have one cc I only use on Amazon and it has never been compromised (fingers crossed).

Good to know. Even more important to have direction in another country.

It's good to see that I am almost caught up to the level of dogs in technological prowess.
I think it is great that dogs are using gps and will no longer get lost.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #67

batteries for my 3 VTech Phones.... Walmart $12.99 each,
Amazon 3/$10.69 plus $4.50 S&H
Old 05-19-2014, 07:03 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
Just thought this might be fun for those of us who occasionally succumb to the allure of consumerism...
You could hardly call my most recent Amazon purchase a subjugation to the temptations of consumerism, as it was 2 spare batteries for my camera and a 40lb box of cat litter. I needed to find something extra to buy so that the shipping on the batteries was free. I found that cat litter cost about the same as it does in the store, and it saves me from carrying it back home on my bicycle, so I ordered it.

Batteries and cat litter doesn't sound too lavish does it?
Old 05-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #69
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Tom View Post
...........Batteries and cat litter doesn't sound too lavish does it?
I don't know. Was it fancy cat litter?
Old 05-19-2014, 07:21 PM   #70
Give me a forum ...

How do they make any money with the shipping cost of 40 lbs of cat litter? Good grief!

Does Amazon carry bricks, cinder blocks, gravel, and mortar too? I should start ordering them so I do not have to lug them home from Home Depot.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #71
Recycles dryer sheets

The Original MuckBoots Daily Garden Shoe

But, sadly, these are not like the original pair I bought about 15 years ago that finally cracked beyond repair. This version is much too thick and heavy. I returned them.

I love Amazon, you can get almost anything there, and their customer service is great.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #72
Full time employment: Posting here.

We found the dry dog food mine eat. It was one dollar more than the store and delivered free. They were 40lb bags.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:01 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan View Post
Breville Smart Oven.
A few weeks ago.
I got the same oven and I love it.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:49 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
I don't know. Was it fancy cat litter?
Heh! Funny you mention that, because I had new pedals installed on my bicycle a couple of days ago. While at the bike shop, I was thinking how wonderful it is to own only a bicycle for transport, as even a major overhaul costs peanuts compared to major work on an automobile. The bike guy was showing me the various pedals. The cheapie plastic ones cost $27 a pair installed, and the well-made metal ones with sealed bearings were a whopping $45 installed (including tax).

I went for the $45 ones. I love the kind of luxury I can afford!

The cat litter? Well, it was the regular old Arm & Hammer stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
How do they make any money with the shipping cost of 40 lbs of cat litter? Good grief!
I was wondering the same thing too, but after ordering the cat litter from Amazon, I discovered there was a promotion on, and it was even cheaper in brick and mortar stores that particular week. Mind you, when I'm already getting a good deal, I don't get bent out of shape if I find that I could have saved a bit more somewhere else. There's frugal, and there's the kind of nickel-and-diming that isn't good for the soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-Bound View Post
Does Amazon carry bricks, cinder blocks, gravel, and mortar too? I should start ordering them so I do not have to lug them home from Home Depot.
Makes you wonder doesn't it?
Old 05-19-2014, 09:07 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Pine View Post
We found the dry dog food mine eat. It was one dollar more than the store and delivered free. They were 40lb bags.
Fantastic. Why haul it from the store when you can have someone haul it for you for just one dollar extra?
Old 05-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #76
Give me a forum ...

A few months ago, Bezos was talking about Amazon using UAV for home delivery. Yeah right!

It was just a PR stunt, but if he knew what his company was selling with "free delivery", he should have demonstrated something like this.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:31 PM   #77

Wife ordered a book to read on her Kindle this afternoon. Mostly, she just gets the free ones, because we have Amazon Prime. Today though, she ordered one that cost 2.99. I of course firmly chastised her for being such a spendthrift.....lol. Other Amazon orders of recent past include a new water filter for the refrigerator, a replacement garage door opener remote, a Roku...that's all that pops up at the moment, but there are some others. Just can't think of them right now. Oh...I just ordered a replacement cell phone case from eBay about 10 minutes ago. Not Amazon, but similar.

“Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?” - Edgar Bergen
martyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:43 PM   #78
Recycles dryer sheets

3 Playtex Women's Comfort Lace Wire-Free Bras and Hanes boys socks.

I love Amazon prime.
Old 05-19-2014, 09:45 PM   #79
Give me a forum ...

Illy coffee for a British store. It was the best price and actually shipped from the UK.

Sent from somewhere in the world with whatever device I can get my hands on.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #80
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre1969 View Post
Either condoms or my grandmother's eye drops, can't remember which...
"Uhhh, grandma, don't open that box with the smile on the side of it. I left the wrong box for you. I have your eyedrops here at the house. And definitely don't open that box in front of grandpa or he may have his last coronary event of his life."