What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

I ordered a Pizza Peel. We're tired of the local pizza places, so it's home made pizza from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I ordered a Pizza Peel. We're tired of the local pizza places, so it's home made pizza from now on.

May I ask which peel you ordered?

The worst decisions are made when angry or impatient.

Almost ordered a pair of sports earphones, trying to log in, forgot password. Then got sidetracked. By the time I got around to resetting it, I lost interest.

Staples. A box of 5000 Duo-Fast wide-crown staples for my ol' reliable Craftsman staple gun (passed down to me from my dad). I couldn't find them at HD or Lowes.

I'm continually amazed that low-value, heavy and moderately bulky stuff can be bought and delivered (to my door) at lower prices than I can get at high-volume B&M retailers.

May I ask which peel you ordered?

The worst decisions are made when angry or impatient.

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1452654062.363647.jpg

A 10' x 13' green screen. Eldest son is having fun editing/doing goofy stuff with video editing. He's now mad at me because I said it couldn't be hanging in the front window full time... only when in use. 15 year olds!

I ordered, but haven't received, Falcone's annisette toast. I usually order Stella D'ora annisette toast for the Italian Cream Cake recipe, but it wasn't prime and wouldn't arrive till next week. DH's birthday is this weekend, and that's the cake he requested. It is not available at local stores - not even the Italian specialty ones.

I bought a Cage Cutout Bralette Padded Seamless Sports Bra Bustier Crop Top (Black).
(I will not be entertaining questions at this time).

Who ever would have imagined this would be such an enduring thread :confused:

I bought a Cage Cutout Bralette Padded Seamless Sports Bra Bustier Crop Top (Black).
(I will not be entertaining questions at this time).

This thread is useless without pictures. :D

Bubba 20 oz mug classic orange for me & Bubba 20 oz mug classic green for DW. Just to ensure our refreshments stay cool on our upcoming Punta Cana trip.

Attachments

• bubba orange.jpg
    bubba orange.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 193
  • bubba green.jpg
    bubba green.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 187
A $15 case for the new gold iPad Air 2 that I received yesterday, from elsewhere. :D I am loving my new iPad. Anyway, back on topic, here's the case:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OKSMA6A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

It is being sent via Prime shipping, and was originally supposed to arrive today. But they sent it via USPS, so it will arrive tomorrow. Not that it matters, I suppose.

In the same package I'll be getting some more push-on quick connect adaptors, to replace the order above that was cancelled on me.

A set of four LED light tubes to replace the 3' T-12 fluorescent bulbs in our under-counter kitchen light fixtures. I replaced the ballasts in these fixtures a few years ago but once again they've started humming so loudly that it is irritating. Instructions say I'll have to remove/wire around the ballasts so that the LED lights get 110v, but that can't be any more difficult than replacing the ballasts a second time.

It is being sent via Prime shipping, and was originally supposed to arrive today. But they sent it via USPS, so it will arrive tomorrow. Not that it matters, I suppose.

In the "general humor/funny jokes" department....

I just noticed that right now Amazon tracking shows it as arriving tomorrow, and also says on the same page that it is "out for delivery". :LOL:

This thread is useless without pictures. :D

Omg....it actually does exist! I assumed it was a made up name. :facepalm:

Yes, it does. And, now you have viewed it thanks to Midpack posting an image of it.

Meadbh, since you have shown an interest in the Punkiss® Cage Cutout Bralette Padded Seamless Sports Bra Bustier Crop Top you should know that it comes in black, pink, baby pink and white, one size fit all (really?) and costs $14.99.

edit to add: And I really did purchase one (in black).

Last edited:
Bully sticks for the fur kid. If you're not familiar what they're made of, Google it. ;) I work from home and am fairly certain I am the only person in my company who has a bully stick in my pencil cup.

A set of four LED light tubes to replace the 3' T-12 fluorescent bulbs in our under-counter kitchen light fixtures. I replaced the ballasts in these fixtures a few years ago but once again they've started humming so loudly that it is irritating. Instructions say I'll have to remove/wire around the ballasts so that the LED lights get 110v, but that can't be any more difficult than replacing the ballasts a second time.
Not a bad price. I have 2 fluorescent ceiling fixtures than need new ballast. Maybe an opportunity to switch. How complicated is installation?

How complicated is installation?

UPS delivered them shortly after I posted. Simple instructions, took less than 15 minutes to install the first one:

- remove three screws to get access to the ballast, remove the 110 wires from the ballast and wire one directly to each end of the bulb clips, disconnect and secure all the wires from the clips to the ballast (I left the ballast in place) and re-assemble. Insert new LED bulb, replace the cover and you're done.

Works great - and dead silent.

UPS delivered them shortly after I posted. Simple instructions, took less than 15 minutes to install the first one:

- remove three screws to get access to the ballast, remove the 110 wires from the ballast and wire one directly to each end of the bulb clips, disconnect and secure all the wires from the clips to the ballast (I left the ballast in place) and re-assemble. Insert new LED bulb, replace the cover and you're done.

Works great - and dead silent.
Thanks, I'm going to look into this. I guess it helps if you know what you're doing. I need to see it done on youtube first.

Thanks, I'm going to look into this. I guess it helps if you know what you're doing. I need to see it done on youtube first.

It is really simple. What you end up with is one 110 wire running to one end of the tube socket and the other 110 wire running to the socket on the other end - plus a ground wire to the metal fixture. Everything else is disconnected.

I recently purchased a Bosch 4100 table saw so yesterday I ordered from Amazon a left side support extension, a rear outfeed support extension and a dust collector bag. The extensions will be really handy when I start cutting 4X8 sheets of plywood to line my new garage.

My local Costco carries these LED florescent replacement tubes.

Back
Top Bottom