Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #821
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
I ordered some misc stuff on Aug 7th, ~ 11AM. A mix of small items,
I have that exact same Amazon Basics wired computer mouse, and like it a lot. It's very comfortable (for me), and reliable.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #822
Administrator

I got a privacy screen to put in front of the leaded beveled glass front door here at my dream home. I think the door is very beautiful but previously it allowed anybody going down the street to see throughout my whole house, not something I could tolerate! With a little furniture moving I was finally able to get the screen to fit in front of the door with enough extra space to get around it. OK, that problem is solved.

Old 08-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #823
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I have that exact same Amazon Basics wired computer mouse, and like it a lot. It's very comfortable (for me), and reliable.
The Amazon Basics wired and wireless mouse look like great value purchases.

I have a love/hate relationship with my wireless computer mouse and keyboard. They are both washable (the love). I just wash them in a sink or under a faucet and they look and feel like new. But the don't perform as well as other keyboards and mice I've had in the past. The mouse, for example, uses 2 AA batteries and though overall it is responsive, the AA batteries do add noticeable weight.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:33 PM   #824
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
The Amazon Basics wired and wireless mouse look like great value purchases.

I have a love/hate relationship with my wireless computer mouse and keyboard. They are both washable (the love). I just wash them in a sink or under a faucet and they look and feel like new. But the don't perform as well as other keyboards and mice I've had in the past. The mouse, for example, uses 2 AA batteries and though overall it is responsive, the AA batteries do add noticeable weight.
I got tired of changing the batteries in my wireless mouse every month or two. The cost can add up. Plus, I admit it, I'm insanely awkward and drop my mouse on the floor a lot. The wire acts like a tether, so when I drop it I don't have to search for it under the furniture.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:25 PM   #825
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Quote:
I got tired of changing the batteries in my wireless mouse every month or two. The cost can add up. Plus, I admit it, I'm insanely awkward and drop my mouse on the floor a lot. The wire acts like a tether, so when I drop it I don't have to search for it under the furniture.
I've only used it for an hour or so, but so far I like it. Scroll wheel seems smooth, which was my main concern. Sure fits the 'first world problem' category, but I scroll a lot, and a wheel that takes a lot of force or is noisy ends up being a pain.

I'm in the 'keep it simple' camp for things like keyboards and mice. I don't want to futz with batteries, or drivers, this stuff should just work. Previously, I bought a few Logitech basic mice that worked well for me, but one of them had a bouncy button, so I really needed a replacement. A basic mouse should be cheap, and this seems to meet the requirements. The optical sensor is more sensitive (more dpi resolution), so I did have to adjust the speed and accel in my preferences, but that's easy.

-ERD50
Old 08-12-2015, 12:06 AM   #826
Recycles dryer sheets

An anti-bark collar for my dog

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Old 08-12-2015, 10:02 AM   #827

Luna mattress cover for our new king size foam mattress we bought from Brooklyn Bedding in NY.
Old 08-13-2015, 08:48 PM   #828
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Bicycle frame bag.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #829
Full time employment: Posting here.

Sugru.

Time to repair and enhance a few things around the place. You can see ideas in the www.sugru.com gallery here: https://sugru.com/gallery
Old 08-14-2015, 12:55 PM   #830

Quote:
Originally Posted by spncity View Post
Sugru.

Time to repair and enhance a few things around the place. You can see ideas in the www.sugru.com gallery here: https://sugru.com/gallery
Wow, pretty cool product.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:17 PM   #831
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spncity View Post
Sugru.

I just put that on my WishList at Amazon. I have an antique lamp with a broken semi-porous base that has defied any other type of repair effort.
TY for the info
Old 08-21-2015, 02:47 PM   #832
Give me a forum ...

I've been on a bit of a household gadgets spree this summer.

First, a steamer to clean my upholstered furniture. Just tried it for the first time on an ottoman, with excellent results. It can be used to clean all sorts of things as well as getting wrinkles out of clothes. I think this will get a lot of use.

DB-Tech Multi-Purpose Pressurized Steam Cleaning and Sanitizing System with Attachments - Great Handheld Steam Cleaner For Bed Bug Treatment - Indoors, Outdoor, Kitchen, Bathroom, Shower, Closet, Patio, Garage and Car: Amazon.ca: Home & Kitchen

Second, I ordered a Roku 1, to extend the useful life of my 18 year old non HDMI TV, which has been sitting idle for 3 years since I dropped cable. I can now watch Netflix on it. thank you hnzw_rui!

Roku 1 Streaming Media Player - Canada: Amazon.ca: Electronics

Third, this silicone baking mold.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003...ilpage_o02_s00

Finally, I ordered this handheld vacuum to use in my car, as I park in a communal parking garage and have no access to outlets there.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B006...ilpage_o01_s01
Old 08-21-2015, 04:19 PM   #833
Dryer sheet aficionado

A camera and some accessories for it. Canon PowerShot ELPH
Old 08-21-2015, 04:36 PM   #834
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadbh View Post
I've been on a bit of a household gadgets spree this summer.

First, a steamer to clean my upholstered furniture. Just tried it for the first time on an ottoman, with excellent results. It can be used to clean all sorts of things as well as getting wrinkles out of clothes. I think this will get a lot of use.

DB-Tech Multi-Purpose Pressurized Steam Cleaning and Sanitizing System with Attachments - Great Handheld Steam Cleaner For Bed Bug Treatment - Indoors, Outdoor, Kitchen, Bathroom, Shower, Closet, Patio, Garage and Car: Amazon.ca: Home & Kitchen

Second, I ordered a Roku 1, to extend the useful life of my 18 year old non HDMI TV, which has been sitting idle for 3 years since I dropped cable. I can now watch Netflix on it. thank you hnzw_rui!

Roku 1 Streaming Media Player - Canada: Amazon.ca: Electronics

Third, this silicone baking mold.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003...ilpage_o02_s00

Finally, I ordered this handheld vacuum to use in my car, as I park in a communal parking garage and have no access to outlets there.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B006...ilpage_o01_s01

Just looked at the steam cleaner, maybe I'm dense today but how do you use it on upholstery? The pictures and description that I read seemed to indicate it was for windows, car tires, showers, things like that.

Wild Irish Rogue
Old 08-21-2015, 06:16 PM   #835
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgal View Post
Just looked at the steam cleaner, maybe I'm dense today but how do you use it on upholstery? The pictures and description that I read seemed to indicate it was for windows, car tires, showers, things like that.

Wild Irish Rogue
Here is an extract from the text. Also see the customer reviews.

Features
* 3 Minute warm-up time
* holds 6 ounces of water
* 210 Degree Tip Temperature
* 9 Foot Power Cord For Easy Mobility
* Effective on Mites, Scabies, Bed Bugs, Lice Mange and other insect infestations.
* Excellent for cleaning cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, garden equipment, workshops, etc.
* Remove stains from bedding, carpets, blankets, headboard sand upholstery.
* Quickly and easily clean furniture, table tops and counters
* Clean tile, grout and shower doors with steam instead of harmful chemicals
* Easily reaches cracks and crevices other cleaning methods cannot reach.
* Remove chewing gum and candle wax easily and quickly.
* Clean blinds, drapes and curtains
Old 08-21-2015, 06:21 PM   #836

Ordered an inexpensive "Mamba" pool vacuum for our house that we will be selling. Current cleaner is going to the new house.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:06 PM   #837

I was looking for an inexpensive solution to DHs old eyes and need for sunglasses and found some nifty little bifocal stickers that he can put on his existing sunglasses to be able to read his GPS while flying.

Hydrotac Stick-on Bifocal Lenses (OPTX 20/20)- +2.50 Diopter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GHRIW6E..._R5N3vb0HPTH4N

He seems to think they'll do the trick.

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?
Old 08-26-2015, 10:10 PM   #838
Give me a forum ...

What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
I was looking for an inexpensive solution to DHs old eyes and need for sunglasses and found some nifty little bifocal stickers that he can put on his existing sunglasses to be able to read his GPS while flying.

Hydrotac Stick-on Bifocal Lenses (OPTX 20/20)- +2.50 Diopter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GHRIW6E..._R5N3vb0HPTH4N

He seems to think they'll do the trick.

That is interesting. I have looked into buying sunglass readers but they are over $100 and I would not use them much. But we are at the pool in Vegas a few times a year. My eyes have become so pitiful reading wise, I had to put my readers on with sunglasses on top of them. What a nerd fest look that was!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2015, 10:31 PM   #839
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
That is interesting. I have looked into buying sunglass readers but they are over $100 and I would not use them much. But we are at the pool in Vegas a few times a year. My eyes have become so pitiful reading wise, I had to put my readers on with sunglasses on top of them. What a nerd fest look that was!

This is my solution.

Cocoons Eyewear - Fitover Sunglasses and Low Vision UV Filters

Some years ago I bought similar sunglasses by Protekt and really liked them, but I can't find them now, so perhaps they are not being made any more.

PROTEKT - Reviews & Brand Information - 20/20 Marketing Ltd. Maple Ridge, B.C. V2X 0T4 , - Serial Number: 75006891
Old 08-27-2015, 01:02 AM   #840

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post

My mom bought a 2 pack of sunglass readers at Sam's or Bj's for $20-25. Don't recall the name brand but she did say they worked well in the sun.