Join Early Retirement Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2015, 05:38 PM   #821
Administrator
W2R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 35,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
I ordered some misc stuff on Aug 7th, ~ 11AM. A mix of small items,
I have that exact same Amazon Basics wired computer mouse, and like it a lot. It's very comfortable (for me), and reliable.
__________________

__________________
"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." - - - C. Columbus
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #822
Administrator
W2R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 35,208
I got a privacy screen to put in front of the leaded beveled glass front door here at my dream home. I think the door is very beautiful but previously it allowed anybody going down the street to see throughout my whole house, not something I could tolerate! With a little furniture moving I was finally able to get the screen to fit in front of the door with enough extra space to get around it. OK, that problem is solved.

__________________

__________________
"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." - - - C. Columbus
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #823
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
easysurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I have that exact same Amazon Basics wired computer mouse, and like it a lot. It's very comfortable (for me), and reliable.
The Amazon Basics wired and wireless mouse look like great value purchases.

I have a love/hate relationship with my wireless computer mouse and keyboard. They are both washable (the love). I just wash them in a sink or under a faucet and they look and feel like new. But the don't perform as well as other keyboards and mice I've had in the past. The mouse, for example, uses 2 AA batteries and though overall it is responsive, the AA batteries do add noticeable weight.
__________________
Have you ever seen a headstone with these words
"If only I had spent more time at work" ... from "Busy Man" sung by Billy Ray Cyrus
easysurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 08:33 PM   #824
Administrator
W2R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 35,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by easysurfer View Post
The Amazon Basics wired and wireless mouse look like great value purchases.

I have a love/hate relationship with my wireless computer mouse and keyboard. They are both washable (the love). I just wash them in a sink or under a faucet and they look and feel like new. But the don't perform as well as other keyboards and mice I've had in the past. The mouse, for example, uses 2 AA batteries and though overall it is responsive, the AA batteries do add noticeable weight.
I got tired of changing the batteries in my wireless mouse every month or two. The cost can add up. Plus, I admit it, I'm insanely awkward and drop my mouse on the floor a lot. The wire acts like a tether, so when I drop it I don't have to search for it under the furniture.
__________________
"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." - - - C. Columbus
W2R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:25 PM   #825
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Northern IL
Posts: 16,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I have that exact same Amazon Basics wired computer mouse, and like it a lot. It's very comfortable (for me), and reliable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I got tired of changing the batteries in my wireless mouse every month or two. The cost can add up. Plus, I admit it, I'm insanely awkward and drop my mouse on the floor a lot. The wire acts like a tether, so when I drop it I don't have to search for it under the furniture.
I've only used it for an hour or so, but so far I like it. Scroll wheel seems smooth, which was my main concern. Sure fits the 'first world problem' category, but I scroll a lot, and a wheel that takes a lot of force or is noisy ends up being a pain.

I'm in the 'keep it simple' camp for things like keyboards and mice. I don't want to futz with batteries, or drivers, this stuff should just work. Previously, I bought a few Logitech basic mice that worked well for me, but one of them had a bouncy button, so I really needed a replacement. A basic mouse should be cheap, and this seems to meet the requirements. The optical sensor is more sensitive (more dpi resolution), so I did have to adjust the speed and accel in my preferences, but that's easy.

-ERD50
__________________
ERD50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:06 AM   #826
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 257
An anti-bark collar for my dog


Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
__________________
iac1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:02 AM   #827
Moderator
aja8888's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Woodlands
Posts: 5,637
Luna mattress cover for our new king size foam mattress we bought from Brooklyn Bedding in NY.
__________________
......."Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." -- philosopher Mike Tyson.
aja8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:48 PM   #828
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Bikerdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,901
Bicycle frame bag.
__________________
“I guess I should warn you, if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” Alan Greenspan
Bikerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:26 PM   #829
Full time employment: Posting here.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 711
Sugru.

Time to repair and enhance a few things around the place. You can see ideas in the www.sugru.com gallery here: https://sugru.com/gallery
__________________
spncity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:55 PM   #830
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by spncity View Post
Sugru.

Time to repair and enhance a few things around the place. You can see ideas in the www.sugru.com gallery here: https://sugru.com/gallery
Wow, pretty cool product.
__________________
splitwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:17 PM   #831
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
freebird5825's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: East Nowhere, 43N Latitude, NY
Posts: 9,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by spncity View Post
Sugru.

Time to repair and enhance a few things around the place. You can see ideas in the www.sugru.com gallery here: https://sugru.com/gallery
I just put that on my WishList at Amazon. I have an antique lamp with a broken semi-porous base that has defied any other type of repair effort.
TY for the info
__________________
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
freebird5825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:47 PM   #832
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,776
I've been on a bit of a household gadgets spree this summer.

First, a steamer to clean my upholstered furniture. Just tried it for the first time on an ottoman, with excellent results. It can be used to clean all sorts of things as well as getting wrinkles out of clothes. I think this will get a lot of use.

DB-Tech Multi-Purpose Pressurized Steam Cleaning and Sanitizing System with Attachments - Great Handheld Steam Cleaner For Bed Bug Treatment - Indoors, Outdoor, Kitchen, Bathroom, Shower, Closet, Patio, Garage and Car: Amazon.ca: Home & Kitchen


Second, I ordered a Roku 1, to extend the useful life of my 18 year old non HDMI TV, which has been sitting idle for 3 years since I dropped cable. I can now watch Netflix on it. thank you hnzw_rui!

Roku 1 Streaming Media Player - Canada: Amazon.ca: Electronics


Third, this silicone baking mold.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003...ilpage_o02_s00


Finally, I ordered this handheld vacuum to use in my car, as I park in a communal parking garage and have no access to outlets there.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B006...ilpage_o01_s01
__________________
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:19 PM   #833
Dryer sheet aficionado
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Henderson
Posts: 36
A camera and some accessories for it. Canon PowerShot ELPH
__________________
Ted_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:36 PM   #834
Recycles dryer sheets
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wildwood
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadbh View Post
I've been on a bit of a household gadgets spree this summer.

First, a steamer to clean my upholstered furniture. Just tried it for the first time on an ottoman, with excellent results. It can be used to clean all sorts of things as well as getting wrinkles out of clothes. I think this will get a lot of use.

DB-Tech Multi-Purpose Pressurized Steam Cleaning and Sanitizing System with Attachments - Great Handheld Steam Cleaner For Bed Bug Treatment - Indoors, Outdoor, Kitchen, Bathroom, Shower, Closet, Patio, Garage and Car: Amazon.ca: Home & Kitchen


Second, I ordered a Roku 1, to extend the useful life of my 18 year old non HDMI TV, which has been sitting idle for 3 years since I dropped cable. I can now watch Netflix on it. thank you hnzw_rui!

Roku 1 Streaming Media Player - Canada: Amazon.ca: Electronics


Third, this silicone baking mold.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003...ilpage_o02_s00


Finally, I ordered this handheld vacuum to use in my car, as I park in a communal parking garage and have no access to outlets there.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B006...ilpage_o01_s01

Just looked at the steam cleaner, maybe I'm dense today but how do you use it on upholstery? The pictures and description that I read seemed to indicate it was for windows, car tires, showers, things like that.


Wild Irish Rogue
__________________
irishgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:16 PM   #835
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgal View Post
Just looked at the steam cleaner, maybe I'm dense today but how do you use it on upholstery? The pictures and description that I read seemed to indicate it was for windows, car tires, showers, things like that.


Wild Irish Rogue
Here is an extract from the text. Also see the customer reviews.

Features
* 3 Minute warm-up time
* holds 6 ounces of water
* 210 Degree Tip Temperature
* 9 Foot Power Cord For Easy Mobility
* Effective on Mites, Scabies, Bed Bugs, Lice Mange and other insect infestations.
* Excellent for cleaning cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, garden equipment, workshops, etc.
* Remove stains from bedding, carpets, blankets, headboard sand upholstery.
* Quickly and easily clean furniture, table tops and counters
* Clean tile, grout and shower doors with steam instead of harmful chemicals
* Easily reaches cracks and crevices other cleaning methods cannot reach.
* Remove chewing gum and candle wax easily and quickly.
* Clean blinds, drapes and curtains
__________________
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:21 PM   #836
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
RockyMtn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Scottsdale
Posts: 1,077
Ordered an inexpensive "Mamba" pool vacuum for our house that we will be selling. Current cleaner is going to the new house.
__________________
FIRE'D in July 2009 at 51...Never look back!
RockyMtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:06 PM   #837
Moderator
Sarah in SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 13,412
I was looking for an inexpensive solution to DHs old eyes and need for sunglasses and found some nifty little bifocal stickers that he can put on his existing sunglasses to be able to read his GPS while flying.

Hydrotac Stick-on Bifocal Lenses (OPTX 20/20)- +2.50 Diopter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GHRIW6E..._R5N3vb0HPTH4N

He seems to think they'll do the trick.
__________________
“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.”
Gerard Arthur Way

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?
Old 08-26-2015, 10:10 PM   #838
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Mulligan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,704
What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
I was looking for an inexpensive solution to DHs old eyes and need for sunglasses and found some nifty little bifocal stickers that he can put on his existing sunglasses to be able to read his GPS while flying.

Hydrotac Stick-on Bifocal Lenses (OPTX 20/20)- +2.50 Diopter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GHRIW6E..._R5N3vb0HPTH4N

He seems to think they'll do the trick.

That is interesting. I have looked into buying sunglass readers but they are over $100 and I would not use them much. But we are at the pool in Vegas a few times a year. My eyes have become so pitiful reading wise, I had to put my readers on with sunglasses on top of them. What a nerd fest look that was!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:31 PM   #839
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
That is interesting. I have looked into buying sunglass readers but they are over $100 and I would not use them much. But we are at the pool in Vegas a few times a year. My eyes have become so pitiful reading wise, I had to put my readers on with sunglasses on top of them. What a nerd fest look that was!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is my solution.

Cocoons Eyewear - Fitover Sunglasses and Low Vision UV Filters

Some years ago I bought similar sunglasses by Protekt and really liked them, but I can't find them now, so perhaps they are not being made any more.

PROTEKT - Reviews & Brand Information - 20/20 Marketing Ltd. Maple Ridge, B.C. V2X 0T4 , - Serial Number: 75006891
__________________
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 01:02 AM   #840
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
That is interesting. I have looked into buying sunglass readers but they are over $100 and I would not use them much. But we are at the pool in Vegas a few times a year. My eyes have become so pitiful reading wise, I had to put my readers on with sunglasses on top of them. What a nerd fest look that was!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My mom bought a 2 pack of sunglass readers at Sam's or Bj's for $20-25. Don't recall the name brand but she did say they worked well in the sun.
__________________

__________________
splitwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Only Thing I Don't Like About Amazon Prime easysurfer Other topics 12 03-11-2014 12:55 PM
He Was Ordered to Give Half of Everything to His Divorcing Wife; He Did haha Other topics 16 04-03-2008 08:49 PM
Anyone ordered canadian drugs? brewer12345 Other topics 7 04-10-2006 04:04 PM
Wal-Mart Ordered to Provide Morning-After Pill haha Other topics 6 02-18-2006 02:05 PM
See @ Last, See @ Last, Thank God I Can See @ Last Beachbumz Other topics 24 02-18-2005 08:16 PM

 

 
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:29 PM.
 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.