Join Early Retirement Today

Old 03-12-2016, 07:56 PM   #1121
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Well I have had my Roomba a few weeks and it was a great purchase . It really does a decent job . It sails over my tile floors onto my hardwood floors with area rugs and even over bathroom rugs with ease . It is like having a cleaning lady .Best amazon purchase this year !

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2016, 08:27 PM   #1122
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

4 oscilloscope probes.

Old 03-13-2016, 05:51 AM   #1123
Full time employment: Posting here.

Last thing was The Division Bell by Pink Floyd, with free shipping.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:03 PM   #1124

I've got to decide tomorrow whether to re-up prime again. I really hate paying that much, but we get a lot out of it, including the free and fast shipping and the streaming (we also have Netflix) of shows we can't watch elsewhere.
Just ordered a cat tower for Roscoe--he loves it! ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1457920996.055402.jpg

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:57 PM   #1125
Recycles dryer sheets

I bought this book:

Trump: The Deals and the Downfall

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006...ilpage_o00_s00

Unfortunately, it's out of print, so availability is limited. I bought my copy for $3.95, but the after that, the least expensive copy on Amazon is $129.50.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:36 PM   #1126

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
Zero is not close to $99. I'm almost never in a rush for any of this stuff, 2 days versus 5-7 days is not a hardship for me. I have not paid extra in shipping charges. And some items I've bought were not Prime-eligible anyhow.
I was frustrating trying to find things I *need* to fill up the $50 free shipping. I hate "savings" that make you spend more than you would... So I was paying shipping rather than buying stuff I didn't need.

I agree about comparison shopping between prime, non prime, and non-amazon vendors.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:38 PM   #1127
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow But Steady View Post
I bought this book:

Trump: The Deals and the Downfall

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006...ilpage_o00_s00

Unfortunately, it's out of print, so availability is limited. I bought my copy for $3.95, but the after that, the least expensive copy on Amazon is $129.50.
The used books are great deals!!!! You can often find something in decent condition.

I was taking advantage for a while, but then I got into ebooks and stopped liking paper.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:38 PM   #1128
Give me a forum ...

I am visiting my Mom and the brakes on her walker failed so I just purchased a new rolling walker from Amazon .It was so much cheaper than medical supply stores.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:14 PM   #1129
Give me a forum ...

Just ordered a larger TV set (currently have a tiny 21 inch screen).

With the bigger tv, when baseball season starts, I can actually see the ball .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 27 inch tv.jpg (107.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-27-2016, 08:15 PM   #1130
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
I've got to decide tomorrow whether to re-up prime again. I really hate paying that much, but we get a lot out of it, including the free and fast shipping and the streaming (we also have Netflix) of shows we can't watch elsewhere.
Just ordered a cat tower for Roscoe--he loves it! Attachment 23446
Roscoe is a handsome cat.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:19 AM   #1131
Give me a forum ...

Spring in SWFL means the live oaks are shedding their leaves. We use a blower nearly every day to clear leaves out of our driveway and front entrance. Dealing with the extension cord has been pain, because no matter how carefully I roll it up, it always tangles when we're pulling it along, and then I have to carefully roll it back up. So I got one of the Green Leaf WW-1 Wonder Winder Hand Crank Extension Cord Winder, and it works like a charm. I'm going to get another one when we get back to MD.
Old 03-28-2016, 12:53 PM   #1132
Recycles dryer sheets

I just ordered some aerosol Fluid Film, a lanolin-based rust preventive, after reading some good reviews. It is supposed to creep into cracks and crevices. Gonna give it a try.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:08 PM   #1133
Full time employment: Posting here.

Sand bottle for the golf cart...

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Old 03-28-2016, 06:32 PM   #1134
Recycles dryer sheets

I ordered some picture hangers last summer with a $10 gift card that someone gave me the Christmas before. I guess I am not a big online shopper at all.

DH buys some stuff online and does prime, mostly because he actually uses it to watch a lot of movies. I don't object because the last thing he needs is more DVD's laying around the house ..... trying to get him to get rid of a lot of that kind of stuff!
Old 03-28-2016, 07:19 PM   #1135
Recycles dryer sheets

Some marmite and vegemite. I've always been curious, ever since that Men at Work video, but it's so expensive from those boutique stores. Only $6.50 for three jars, direct shipped to my mailbox via Royal Mail.

For the record, I didn't love it. Too salty. Very savory though.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:25 PM   #1136
Give me a forum ...

Cheap waterproof watch. I can't go snorkeling wearing my Apple Watch!
Old 03-29-2016, 01:24 AM   #1137

Frostfire solar LED lights for my deck steps. I can bring them in during the winter or the occasional severe weather. I bought 5 boxes, 3 in each. They just sit on the side edge of the steps under the rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Old 03-29-2016, 09:54 AM   #1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by KmmFIdreamer View Post
I ordered some picture hangers last summer with a $10 gift card that someone gave me the Christmas before. I guess I am not a big online shopper at all.

DH buys some stuff online and does prime, mostly because he actually uses it to watch a lot of movies. I don't object because the last thing he needs is more DVD's laying around the house ..... trying to get him to get rid of a lot of that kind of stuff!
I'm hoping there are a lot of folks in your shoes. I have a friend who works at the local Good Will. I have asked her to start buying DVDs for me. They are $2 when they go on sale. My satellite internet is too slow for movies and I only get mail when I go to town so NetFlix wouldn't work either. I am putting a very nice home theater in the house I am building so I need a selection of movies. Keep that flow of DVDs to Good Will going!
Old 03-29-2016, 11:03 AM   #1139

Bought a cell phone case for my new lumia 640.
Was about $6
It's really nice 3 piece one, silicon wrap for the phone, a hard plastic that wraps over the silicone and has a stand, then another hard plastic shell that has a good clip on it for the belt.
This way I can wear it clipped to the belt or pocket as needed.

I don't like carrying it my pants pockets as I'll sit on it.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:13 PM   #1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooch96 View Post
Some marmite and vegemite. I've always been curious, ever since that Men at Work video, but it's so expensive from those boutique stores. Only $6.50 for three jars, direct shipped to my mailbox via Royal Mail.

For the record, I didn't love it. Too salty. Very savory though.
Haha, I wanted to try it for the same reason, and got the same result!

On another, slightly related note, Colin Hay, the lead singer, has some amazingly good acoustic-type stuff out now. Worth a listen. Next Year People is his album from last year, and Man at Work, from 2003, is the good acoustic listen, with a few reworked Men at Work songs in the mix.

Oh, and I just ordered some XL Sticky Paws furniture protector sheets. Basically giant sheets of double sticky tape for the "new to me" couch I got over the weekend. Roscoe loves his cat tower, but still seems to prefer the couch for claw sharpening activities!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote