What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

My latest order included pig ears for the pup, organic vanilla syrup for coffee, bulk granola bars, paper plates, and a new humidifier.

Attachments

• pig ears.jpg
    pig ears.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 226
Neato Robot Vacuum ---> Great for picking up dog hair. First robot vacuum we have ever owned. I would buy a Botvac Connected robot vacuum today.

Our hardwood floors always are clean.

Neato Robot Vacuum ---> Great for picking up dog hair. First robot vacuum we have ever owned. I would buy a Botvac Connected robot vacuum today.

Our hardwood floors always are clean.

I bought the Neato for that exact reason, suppose to be great for dog hair. Didn't find out that it doesn't work well on dark flooring until I got it and read the instructions. It doesn't tell you that online. My kitchen flooring is light colored and it has no problem navigating. My dining room floor is dark wood and living room is dark carpeting and it seems to get confused. Even tried it out in our garage and as soon as it gets off the concrete and starts on the black carpet rubber mats it seems to lose navigation. Hope you have better luck with yours.

Suaoki DC 12V Portable Mini Air Compressor Tire Inflator

EatSmart Precision Tracker Digital Bathroom Scale

Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser

Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
A new remote control for my ROKU box. Old one was lost when it dropped 9 floors down an elevator shaft.
WHAT?? there has to be more to the story then that...

I was thinking that too. We want the 'rest of the story'! :LOL:

And how can it be lost? It sounds like you know exactly where it is - right at the bottom of that elevator shaft. I'm confused?

-ERD50

I bought the Neato for that exact reason, suppose to be great for dog hair. Didn't find out that it doesn't work well on dark flooring until I got it and read the instructions. It doesn't tell you that online. My kitchen flooring is light colored and it has no problem navigating. My dining room floor is dark wood and living room is dark carpeting and it seems to get confused. Even tried it out in our garage and as soon as it gets off the concrete and starts on the black carpet rubber mats it seems to lose navigation. Hope you have better luck with yours.

I have a Romba and it has no problems going from my beige tile in the kitchen to dark hardwood and several area rugs . I love this gadget .

I have a Romba and it has no problems going from my beige tile in the kitchen to dark hardwood and several area rugs . I love this gadget .

My girlfriend has a Roomba and has no problem with her Roomba going from light to dark flooring. The main reason I bought the Neato was a review saying that it picked up pet hair better. Get this, I don't have a pet but was planning on a new furry buddy when my husband got sick.

Hitachi RB24eap leaf blower on deal of the day for $103. CR #3 rated handheld gas blower.
To replace my 24 year old John Deere blower(getting weak and hard to start)

I was thinking that too. We want the 'rest of the story'! :LOL:

And how can it be lost? It sounds like you know exactly where it is - right at the bottom of that elevator shaft. I'm confused?

-ERD50

The story is that we went to Myrtle Beach a couple of weeks ago, staying on the 9th floor of a 20 story timeshare building. I took the ROKU with me to see if we could get it to work while traveling away from home. We were leaving very early in the morning and had all our luggage and several plastic storage bins of "stuff" stacked on one of those luggage carts. The ROKU plus remote was packed in a plastic storage box on top of the pile on the luggage cart. As we were struggling to get the luggage cart turned thru the door to the elevator the storage box containing the ROKU fell off the pile and hit half in and half out of the elevator. Of course the lid to the storage container popped off and everything inside spilled out. The ROKU remote was small enough that it slipped thru the gap where the elevator door closes. I could hear the remote hitting on the way down.

I figured it would be waste of time trying to get someone from maintenance to try to retrieve it, besides it was about 6:30 AM and I doubt anyone was around that early in the morning. It might have been broken anyway. The replacement remote was just under $7.00 with free shipping thru Amazon Prime. And now you know the rest of the story.

A pair of 4"x4" poly deck post sleeves and end caps. I buried it 30" in the ground and placed my bird feeder post into it. Now the post is removable for the summer if desired.

Last edited:
Still painting....ergonomic paint brushes, wood epoxy and sandpaper.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

book on cheese making and yeast. Presently the yeast is having a party in a food grade trash can with apple cider, cranberries and a bunch of sugar.

Giant litter box with high sides for my cat who "misses" by hanging his rear end over the side. I think I've spent a small fortune on litter boxes, trying to find one that cures this habit. My set up now is: lay down puppy pee pads, put giant dishwasher pan on top, put litter box on dishwasher pan. Triple layer to keep the nasty off the floor at least.

Nice long polar tech jacket to wear in the house on chilly days--winter is a-comin' in.

Last edited:
Giant litter box with high sides for my cat who "misses" by hanging his rear end over the side. I think I've spend a small fortune on litter boxes, trying to find one that cures this habit. My set up now is: lay down puppy pee pads, put giant dishwasher pan on top, put litter box on dishwasher pan. Triple layer to keep the nasty off the floor at least.

Nice long polar tech jacket to wear in the house on chilly days--winter is a-comin' in.

A friend of mine has a litter box for his cat that is enclosed. Have you tried one of them?

Amazon Order Declined!

This happened to me a while back, and just happened again this AM. Makes no sense, Amazon should get their act together on this.

If you chose to use rewards points and the transaction has been declined, please contact your rewards program provider at the number found on the back of your related credit card. Since we don't charge you until the order ships, you may have used the rewards points for other purchases after placing this order. The remaining balance may not have been enough to cover this shipment.

Geez, if the Reward Points haven't 'cleared' why make them available to me to use? If I didn't notice this email, my shipment would be delayed, or maybe even cancelled.

Anyone else have this problem before?

-ERD50

Phrase book

A Lonely Planet Farsi-English phrase book. I will be flying a couple that does not speak much English to his appointment.

I have had two orders declined because I used the points on another transaction. All you need to do is resubmit using the original credit card and it should be successful.

Yes, Amazon should update their system. The first time this happened must have been at least a year ago, the second one was a few days ago.

exnavy, yes, I had a CleverCat enclosed box for awhile. It worked well when my cat was younger but now he's a bit too old to leap up.

This happened to me a while back, and just happened again this AM. Makes no sense, Amazon should get their act together on this.

Geez, if the Reward Points haven't 'cleared' why make them available to me to use? If I didn't notice this email, my shipment would be delayed, or maybe even cancelled.

Anyone else have this problem before?

Yes. It's happened a few times. We get lots of Amazon points from our business purchases, so DW feels it's her duty to use them up. I've occasionally tried to use them only to find they've magically disappeared between when I shopped and when they shipped the order. But as said above, it's easy enough to fix by using the credit card. As far as not noticing the email, I always look at anything that seems financially related. That's why I know of so many people that need to send me money from Nigeria.

Back
Top Bottom