Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-07-2016, 05:52 PM   #1181
Administrator

Pinaud Bay Rum Aftershave -- two bottles

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2016, 05:54 PM   #1182

Scott Kelby's book "How do I do That in Lightroom?" and a heating pad. Turned out the heating pad is useless for what I bought it for, that needed surgery. But one of us will need it someday so I'll keep it.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:25 PM   #1183
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
Scott Kelby's book "How do I do That in Lightroom?" and a heating pad. Turned out the heating pad is useless for what I bought it for, that needed surgery. But one of us will need it someday so I'll keep it.
That heating pad might provide some relief after a colonoscopy. My husband really needed one!
Old 04-07-2016, 11:41 PM   #1184
Dryer sheet aficionado

Spray for carpenter bees. Can't wait to use it. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Old 04-08-2016, 02:28 AM   #1185

DH made some traps for the bees at our house. They do collect them, but not all. What spray did you get?
They drive him crazy!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:03 AM   #1186
Full time employment: Posting here.

New BluRay player and Logitech Remote.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:29 PM   #1187
Give me a forum ...

Don't kill the bees! They're pollinators, just like honeybees. And they almost never sting. I catch them in my hand sometimes, when I'm trying to teach DGD about nature.

Build them a hotel nearby and they should stay away from your house. I'm thinking about doing a fancy one, although not as fancy as this.

And you can buy them on Amazon
Old 04-08-2016, 02:06 PM   #1188
Give me a forum ...

Bought a Weber grill for my smallish back porch. It's actually advertised as a travel grill, but I think it will be perfect for my situation. Plan to break it in this weekend.

Jumbo Joe® 18" | Weber.com
Old 04-08-2016, 02:21 PM   #1189
Give me a forum ...

Almost bought a dog safety crash harness from Amazon, but found a 20% off + free shipping coupon on line for the manufacturer.

These videos of various dog harnesses undergoing crash testing are sobering. 2013 Harness Crash Test Videos - Center for Pet Safety

I ended up with the Sleepypod Sport which passes the test, but it easier to use than the Utility model.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:02 PM   #1190
Give me a forum ...

My plastic handheld lemon/lime juicer broke so as a replacement I decided to go all out. Kinda over kill if all I make is lemonade. Looks like I gotta start making OJ too .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg juicer.jpg (99.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-10-2016, 07:55 PM   #1191
Dryer sheet aficionado

Dasuquin With MSM- Joint supplements for the dogs
Old 04-10-2016, 08:04 PM   #1192
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbaCrush View Post
Dasuquin With MSM- Joint supplements for the dogs
I've been using this for my pugs for about a year, and they love them and it has given them a lot more movement capability. But it's also crazy expensive, so this time I switched to Osteo Pet Glucosamine Chondroitin for Dogs - 720 Ct Value Size. Much more reasonably priced. They aren't soft chews like the other stuff, they're more like a Necco Wafer. The girls will eat them standalone, but it's easier to just drop them in their food. They eat them right up that way. Same dosage, by the way.
Old 04-10-2016, 08:20 PM   #1193
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Bought a computer part this morning (Sunday), got it at dinner time, free shipping with Prime. Whoa!

This is big data at work. Amazon knows what people need fast and put them on the short list for same day or 2 hour delivery.

I will say, however, it gives me the creeps. Amazon effectively put Compusa/Tiger Direct out of business. They had a brick and mortar store in Raleigh and Durham, NC. No more. There are many casualties due to Amazon.

But in this case, it got me out of a jam today, otherwise I wouldn't be typing this right now!
Old 04-10-2016, 09:39 PM   #1194
Give me a forum ...

TigerDirect put themselves out of business with incredibly crappy customer service, selling out of date equipment, and most especially scamming people regarding rebates. I do a lot of resales, and I quit doing business with TD 4 years ago. I read too many reviews where people were trying to claim their rebates and were getting an "insufficient documentation" response even though they had sent in everything they had. As I remember, there was a lawsuit about that. And if I remember correctly, TD absorbed CompUSA, so Amazon didn't have anything to do with that. Electronics companies come and go. Circuit City was in that mix somewhere.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:42 AM   #1195
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
TigerDirect put themselves out of business with incredibly crappy customer service, selling out of date equipment, and most especially scamming people regarding rebates. I do a lot of resales, and I quit doing business with TD 4 years ago. I read too many reviews where people were trying to claim their rebates and were getting an "insufficient documentation" response even though they had sent in everything they had. As I remember, there was a lawsuit about that. And if I remember correctly, TD absorbed CompUSA, so Amazon didn't have anything to do with that. Electronics companies come and go. Circuit City was in that mix somewhere.
OK harley, I won't disagree with you completely. Yes, TD/CompUSAphase2 had issues. And Amazon's service is so much better. Ergo, TD out of business.

This is part of the world. It only gives me the creeps that I fear some day Amazon may be a monopoly.

OK, so I have Newegg as another source for computer stuff. But not sure I want to sign up for their Premier service since their selection of stuff is much smaller than Amazon (great for computers, no so great for other stuff).

And this "Same Day" stuff Amazon is coming out with is like smoking crack. (Or so I've been told... I have no experience with crack.)
Old 04-11-2016, 09:21 AM   #1196
Recycles dryer sheets

I bought a kindle kids edition for my Grandsons B-Day and a couple of ink cartridges for my printer. I love the $10 ink cartridges vs $50+ at the local office supply store.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:28 PM   #1197
Dryer sheet aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
I've been using this for my pugs for about a year, and they love them and it has given them a lot more movement capability. But it's also crazy expensive, so this time I switched to Osteo Pet Glucosamine Chondroitin for Dogs - 720 Ct Value Size. Much more reasonably priced. They aren't soft chews like the other stuff, they're more like a Necco Wafer. The girls will eat them standalone, but it's easier to just drop them in their food. They eat them right up that way. Same dosage, by the way.
I did a comparison of the two, and it has 100mg less glucosamine then Dasuquin. I'm no vet so I'm not sure how much that would matter. Currently both my Boston Terriers take 1/2 a pill a day and have done well on it for the past 7 year. Luxating patellas is the reason they take it. One dog had to have surgery on both his rear legs a year apart. The cost is very high so this may be a cheaper option and I could still split the tablet which would only be 50 mg less per dog. Thanks
Old 04-11-2016, 04:53 PM   #1198

A pair of shoes that I hope will be my walking shoes in Europe this summer (found them via Google, never heard of this brand before). I'm wearing them for the first time now and so far so good - really light and excellent arch support, and not butt-ugly.

http://smile.amazon.com/Ahnu-Womens-.../dp/B008BKY35O

Also a replacement TV antenna for the motorhome, since I snapped the original one off last week on a low-strung cable I didn't see in a parking lot.

And a dozen (more) stainless steel skewers for grilling kebabs, etc.
MBAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:19 PM   #1199

Mens speedo trunks.

Not for me, sillies... I just procastinated too long - and tryouts for teen water polo at the local public pool is tomorrow. Fortunately I got free 1 day shipping and the price was better than at Big 5 and Sports Authority. I'm hoping the intensity of all that swimming will leave my boys too tired to whine about the limited time allowed playing video games.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:50 PM   #1200
Recycles dryer sheets

Just ordered a used book for a penny, shipping was $3.99. Over the Edge, deaths at the Grand Canyon. We stopped to see the Grand Canyon a couple weeks ago, just curious how many people die there each year. Saw many idiots standing on edges with toes hanging over. Parents not watching their kids.......