Join Early Retirement Today

Old 04-12-2016, 07:42 PM   #1201
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by calico1597 View Post
Just ordered a used book for a penny, shipping was $3.99. Over the Edge, deaths at the Grand Canyon. We stopped to see the Grand Canyon a couple weeks ago, just curious how many people die there each year. Saw many idiots standing on edges with toes hanging over. Parents not watching their kids.......
Death in the Grand Canyon | Maps We Love

Here's an interactive map to go with your book.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2016, 07:50 PM   #1202
Recycles dryer sheets

Oh my!!! Wonder what air crash victims are? That many plane crashes?

Old 04-12-2016, 08:21 PM   #1203
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Just ordered a used book for a penny, shipping was $3.99. Over the Edge, deaths at the Grand Canyon. We stopped to see the Grand Canyon a couple weeks ago, just curious how many people die there each year. Saw many idiots standing on edges with toes hanging over. Parents not watching their kids.......
One of my fav Grand Canyon books is this one-having been on river trips, (but not down the Colorado) I appreciated the stories. http://www.amazon.com/Theres-River-C...res+this+river
Old 04-12-2016, 09:35 PM   #1204

Sent back a cabin filter for our car which was not the right one...:This part fits your car" (Not!).

Then bought a sink garbage disposal to replace the one that started leaking today:

http://www.amazon.com/InSinkErator-B...ilpage_o00_s00
Old 04-12-2016, 10:28 PM   #1205

AAARRRGGGHHH! I hate how Amazon hardly provides any details on some products. I am shopping for several dozen hvac air filters and they don't list the MERV filtration rating. I put my question on the site and they "posted it to the community". No replies. And I hate that they send me crazy questions about an item I bought 3 yrs ago (can you answer this?). Need to see if there's any way to opt out of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum
Old 04-13-2016, 07:24 AM   #1206

Just ordered some softbox lighting for my photo "studio"
Old 04-13-2016, 12:38 PM   #1207

A wheeled laundry hamper to replace my broken plastic one - will be much easier on my back. Replacement pond lights - solar powered this time. And an extension cord for the air compressor we keep in the motorhome (so I can bring my 100' cord back to the garage).
MBAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:43 PM   #1208

Quote:
Best ranger talk I ever heard:

Ranger: many people fall over, or intentionally throw themselves over each year.
Person in crowd: so each year, how many die?
Ranger: all of them.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:53 PM   #1209

Quote:
Prepping for Darwin awards?☺
Old 04-13-2016, 05:12 PM   #1210
Recycles dryer sheets

Just noticed a few days ago that for amazon prime members some clothing has both free 2 dayshipping and free returns. I ordered two Columbia rain jacket, one size med, one size large, as not sure which would fit. Arrived on time and I will be able to return the one that doesnt fit, no return shipping fee. Extra nice that this jacket was on sale, 66% off!
Old 04-13-2016, 05:24 PM   #1211
Recycles dryer sheets

Zombie Cat for a friend who likes all the Walking Dead stuff because he did some favors for me....he loved it!!!!

ALso a kit to store silver stuff in to keep it from tarnishing, silver polish and a loupe.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:07 PM   #1212

5 Kwikset rekeyable locksets. Some of the door locks on my house are about worn out and I am tired of carrying around separate keys for each door so I am going to replace all the locks and have one key for everything.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:30 PM   #1213
Full time employment: Posting here.

Candy

Box of Big Hunks for the wife
Box of Peanut Butter Twix for me and See's toffee and peanut brittle to give a try. Nothing healthy....
Old 04-14-2016, 08:59 AM   #1214
Recycles dryer sheets

So I can walk like normal

So I need to be able to ride my mountain bike without losing all feeling in my backside. Amazon will have it here Friday.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:52 PM   #1215

I received a box of 3.5 inch nails for my nail gun last night. It looked more like the "medicine balls" we threw around in high school. I restacked the nail strips in the previous box that was almost empty. Looks like I probably lost a couple hundred nails in shipping and will probably loose another hundred or so in broken nail strips. That's out of 4000 nails. Plus I got an extra pound or so of very used package wrapping tape!
Old 04-14-2016, 02:21 PM   #1216
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I've had similar experiences with nails ordered through Amazon. Not quite as bad as that, but not what I expected. After going through the experience, I decided to pay the extra and buy them from a local Home Depot.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:37 PM   #1217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnora View Post
So I need to be able to ride my mountain bike without losing all feeling in my backside. Amazon will have it here Friday.
I put that seat on my adult tricycle last fall and I love it.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:09 PM   #1218

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
I've had similar experiences with nails ordered through Amazon. Not quite as bad as that, but not what I expected. After going through the experience, I decided to pay the extra and buy them from a local Home Depot.
I agree. I buy most of my nails at Home Depot, but they don't carry that long of a nail in the configuration I need.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:35 PM   #1219
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by infoseeker View Post
Just noticed a few days ago that for amazon prime members some clothing has both free 2 dayshipping and free returns. I ordered two Columbia rain jacket, one size med, one size large, as not sure which would fit. Arrived on time and I will be able to return the one that doesnt fit, no return shipping fee. Extra nice that this jacket was on sale, 66% off!
Yes, they do that a lot for clothing and shoes. I assume it's to encourage folks to buy with them instead of shopping at a store where they can try clothes on. I've done the same thing - try multiple sizes and return what doesn't fit.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:01 AM   #1220
Full time employment: Posting here.

Looks like American and European customers will be getting their Amazon orders even faster in the near future...

It's been an open secret for a while that Amazon is going to be adding substantially to its own fleet of freighters in the US soon...
atsg-confirms-amazon-freighter-network-deal
ATSG confirms Amazon freighter network deal - Air Cargo News
- the initial fleet will be 15 x 767F and more added next year (note the industry news site used a 747F mockup in the picture.... )

The shipping industry is also talking a lot this week about the fact Amazon seems to be in negotiations to take over most of the old Hahn airport in Germany...
speculation-grows-around-amazon-interest-in-frankfurt-hahn-airport
Speculation grows around Amazon interest in Frankfurt-Hahn airport - Air Cargo News