Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-01-2016, 11:42 AM   #1261
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

I ordered up some misting nozzles and fittings. I'm going to build a custom low pressure misting system for the deck in the backyard. It gets hot here in the summertime -
RobbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2016, 12:25 PM   #1262
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

A 32 GB thumb drive so I can reset the password on my computer.
Hermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:24 PM   #1263
Recycles dryer sheets

Panasonic Lumix DCM-FZ1000 digital camera with superfast auto focus so I can take photos of granddaughters like I used to with my old film SLR's when I was younger.
Tired of my slow old digital camera that snaps a shot about 1 1/2 seconds after pushing shutter. Excited to get it tomorrow!
Dave J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:26 PM   #1264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
Tired of my slow old digital camera that snaps a shot about 1 1/2 seconds after pushing shutter. Excited to get it tomorrow!
Frustration with shutter lag was the main reason I bought a DSLR. Hope the Panasonic meets your expectations.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:33 PM   #1265

A Bluetooth remote. I have an older Iphone. I also have Amazon Prime. I have downloaded about 15 hours of music to the phone and use it off line in my car. The phone connects through a cable, and resides in the glove box between the seats. This should allow me to control the phone without having to dig it out.

If it is after 5:00 when I post I reserve the right to disavow anything I posted.
Rustic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:16 AM   #1266
Full time employment: Posting here.

PetSafe Electronic Pet Feeder

I have mice in my basement where the cat gets fed. I used to have an always-available dry food feeder. The exterminator said I was also feeding the mice. He recommended getting rid of it.

Since then I've been trying to feed the cat just enough to not leave any dry food around. Now she is constantly begging for food. I am hoping I can condition her to eat small portions throughout the day with this feeder.
misshathaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:52 AM   #1267

Decal of a flying hawk silhouette to put on a window to discourage a male cardinal from constantly attacking his reflection (for the last 6 months)
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:57 AM   #1268
Full time employment: Posting here.

Pack of 10 Xenon light bulbs for our outdoor landscape lights. Cost was $10. This compared with $5 each at Home Depot.
Fishingmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 09:31 AM   #1269

Ordered an Echo yesterday.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:38 AM   #1270
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayne View Post
Ordered an Echo yesterday.

Let me know how it works as a substitute for you with your wife. If you deem it successful, I may follow. My GF is such a talker, she has admitted she doesnt even care if I understand the point sometimes. Just don't interrupt and let her talk, she says.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #1271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
My GF is such a talker, she has admitted she doesnt even care if I understand the point sometimes. Just don't interrupt and let her talk, she says.
Wow, hang on to that one! DW not only expects me to listen, but to understand.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:08 PM   #1272
Dryer sheet aficionado

Anchovy stuffed Spanish olives. Got back from a great vacation in Spain and we've been eating our own version of tapas ever since.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:56 PM   #1273
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
Wow, hang on to that one! DW not only expects me to listen, but to understand.

I will remember that...Could be worse, right?

Mulligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:41 PM   #1274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Let me know how it works as a substitute for you with your wife. If you deem it successful, I may follow. My GF is such a talker, she has admitted she doesnt even care if I understand the point sometimes. Just don't interrupt and let her talk, she says.

Will do.
Old 07-04-2016, 01:20 PM   #1275

Ordered surgical disposable face masks (for allergies) last night after dinner (July 3). They showed up today (July 4, 12:15 PM). All this for only $5.00. I do love Prime Mail.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:08 PM   #1276
Moderator Emeritus

Ever know a truly, extremely clumsy person? If not, then now you do know one, and that would be me.

I don't know why, but honestly I drop my computer mouse at least six times a day. I try not to but it flies out of my hand anyway and hurtles towards the floor. I think computer mice have minds of their own and are doggedly determined to engage in wild and crazy rough-and-tumble independent suicidal flight. Because of these insane mental issues apparently shared by all of them, I use a wired mouse so that I can retrieve it without having to peer under furniture and fish it out 6+ times a day.

Anyway, the four things I love about this Amazon Basics USB wired 3-button computer mouse are that:
1) it's wired
2) it's unbelievably sturdy and will last for almost a year under this type of mouse-abuse
3) it's a mouse. It's comfortably shaped and the buttons are predictable, and
4) it's cheap!

So, I ordered another one. $6.99 including Prime shipping, covered by my e-book settlement refund.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:25 PM   #1277
Give me a forum ...

My Timbuk2 extra large roller bag.
RobbieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:27 PM   #1278

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2R View Post
I drop my computer mouse at least six times a day.
You may have already considered and rejected this idea, but you sound like an ideal candidate for a trackpad instead of a mouse.
braumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 03:51 PM   #1279
Moderator Emeritus

LG Nexus 5X phone to replace my Moto G which died.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:57 PM   #1280
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
You may have already considered and rejected this idea, but you sound like an ideal candidate for a trackpad instead of a mouse.
You're right. Unfortunately I can't seem to operate a trackpad very well. I guess I have to be able to hurl it at the floor and abuse it before a device will give in and do what I want it to do. Just kidding but I really do hate trackpads.

Happily retired since 2009, at age 61. Best years of my life by far!
W2R is offline   Reply With Quote